ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

GoldenEye Setup Editor Feature Requests List/Bugs
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 35, 36, 37 ... 105, 106, 107  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2018 4:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

That's really strange, the invalid 16-objects existing. Guess PD just if invalid, skips doing anything. While editor has to have contiguous, so defaults to first object and messes up the UFO.

Anyways, I believe I've fixed the heads to use archetype (D for head, else body), and also added pad flags for guards.

StupidMarioBros1Fan
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2018 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Guard# 97 has disappeared, maybe because it didn't have any names in the editor like the rest of the Guard slots since it was a leftover slot? Otherwise, bodies & heads are in the correct lists.

I have noticed something though that has actually always been a thing: Headless-bodies use female groan sounds in single player despite being set to male as a side effect of heads dictating those sounds, with female being the default setting. This only happens in single player because in multiplayer, the selected head is still recognized despite not actually being loaded during the match. Since Random is the default selected head in multiplayer, you'd never run into this side effect as setting the body to male or female would pull up the correct group of random heads.

I know it isn't from the newest change because I tested this with an older version of the editor and got the same results.
Would there be a way to make it where Single Player recognizes what head is being used like Multiplayer does or would that require heavy modifying to the game's coding?

Side Note: That problem I had with Dr. Caroll's Bio freezing is fixed now, was probably trying to load a head or something before when he was set to be a body.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2018 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah 0x97 wasn't a real body or head, it was actually the terminator of the list.

Do you know why the gender of a guard without a head is female, what's actually wrong? The random head seems to be FF, I'm not sure why it would go to female?

StupidMarioBros1Fan
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2018 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Interesting, it worked like a real one though with both single player & multiplayer using it correctly.

I'm not sure either because the body itself still uses male animations and male voice clips. It's just the grunting that it female, and Single player seems to completely ignore whatever head is selected for bodies with "Contains/Is Head" turned on. My guess is that it's loading the default settings for heads, which is female, instead of defaulting to FF Random while Multiplayer does.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2018 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Does it happen to Rare too? In any level, or they never do anyone like that that's not special.

StupidMarioBros1Fan
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2018 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The only characters that Rare had use the Contains Head setting were Dr. Caroll, who has his own Body Type & grunts, and the Test Body, which was never in a level.
Every human character had their head as a separate model, and while the Skedar characters don't have that setting turned on, the Skedar Body Type overrules the Female/Male grunt sounds.

Lazlo52
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

StupidMarioBros1Fan wrote:
I'm not sure either because the body itself still uses male animations and male voice clips. It's just the grunting that it female, and Single player seems to completely ignore whatever head is selected for bodies with "Contains/Is Head" turned on. My guess is that it's loading the default settings for heads, which is female, instead of defaulting to FF Random while Multiplayer does.

Are you sure you don't got this backwards? Playing as a "Contains Head" body in Single-player obeys the head gender, while in Multi-player the head is completely ignored. I definitely know this for a fact because I had replaced Jo's pain sounds, but was getting male grunts in Multi-player even though my replaced pain sounds worked in Single-player.

I admit I don't know how a level guard works with this, though. I've never needed to, so I've never tried it.

Perfect Buddies, on the other hand, do obey the head gender, I just checked. However, it's important to note that buddies always force a specific set of voice lines, even for normal humans. Are you, perhaps, doing tests on buddies?

StupidMarioBros1Fan wrote:
Interesting, it worked like a real one though with both single player & multiplayer using it correctly.

In case you missed it, Subdrag, I think he's suggesting you to restore 0x97 because it still functions like a regular body/head option anyway. Unless you're certain it needs to terminate with 0s for a specific reason.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

How badly do you need body 0x98? It's technically supposed to be terminator, even though it's not used I guess, and could be a body. I can restore it, but have to make a special exclusion check, because it's an invalid file # (0000).

StupidMarioBros1Fan
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Lazlo52 wrote:
I admit I don't know how a level guard works with this, though. I've never needed to, so I've never tried it.

I was talking about level guards, but I just tested on my end & the buddies do use the correct sounds based off what head was chosen. Player 2 in Co-Op also uses the correct grunts.

Lazlo52 wrote:
while in Multi-player the head is completely ignored.

Strange because for me I get the correct sounds when switching heads in multiplayer.

SubDrag wrote:
I can restore it, but have to make a special exclusion check, because it's an invalid file # (0000).

If that isn't too much trouble. I was only using it for multiplayer so I'm ok if you don't restore, but it's always nice to have an extra slot for bodies/heads.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Can you make me a simple new test rom with female wrong sounds and embedded head? Just like Chicago, with one guard and start point, where if you shoot, it has the issue.

StupidMarioBros1Fan
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Sent you the test in a PM

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

7F02D60B FD (the FD part) seems to be the default head sound. FD is obviously beyond the end of the head list, so it just reads garbage, which I guess happens to translate to a female head. I'm guessing FD was indicating to them was off.

You can change it to anything, for default, for example 29 changed to Maian sound. I don't think there are any other consequences, but you'll have to see.

If you haven't made ASM mods before, this translates to file:
6C868

You decompress, edit byte 0x60B to whatever digit want, recompress, then put into ROM there.

If you test it and it works, I can probably add to editor somewhere about default embedded head.

Lazlo52
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

SubDrag wrote:
If you haven't made ASM mods before, this translates to file:
6C868

You decompress, edit byte 0x60B to whatever digit want, recompress, then put into ROM there.

If you test it and it works, I can probably add to editor somewhere about default embedded head.

I'd try it out myself, but I've no clue where to find file 6C868, how to extract it, or how to inject it. I think I know how to de/recompress, though.

pavarini
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'd like to request x-ray mode as a texture mode like when you open the BSP tool. I find it very pleasing to view wireframes with and I'd like it to be an actual mode instead of always opening the BSP tool.

Thanks!

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hmm, what do I do there? Maybe I made the model alpha, is that what you mean?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 35, 36, 37 ... 105, 106, 107  Next
Page 36 of 107

Jump to: