ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

GoldenEye Setup Editor Feature Requests List/Bugs
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 36, 37, 38 ... 105, 106, 107  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pavarini
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

This is what the visual window looks like when the BSP tool window is open.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Would you want textures off too, (they're by matrix here) , and just colors plus alpha, or what was desired?

pavarini
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Uh, just the way it is shown with the BSP tool. Textures off.

Trevor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

agreed, "Translucent Wireframe" would be great since the normal Wireframe doesn't give much depth comparison, not to mention some lines are almost invisible if the texture is the same colour as background.

Trev

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Noticed two entries were missing from the second "7F09" selection boxes under the Cheats menu.

7F092548 = Invisibility
7F0925B0 = Tiny Bond

As of now, those two cheats show whatever the most recently selected cheat had in that position. I don't think it affects output, but the options are absent from the list, and should be included.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I was testing the Extra Weapons cheat individual weapons / ammo details, and it seems something funny is actually happening with the ammunition. It does indeed look like 6 different ammo types listed, but only 3 appear to be the ammo type. The other three somehow seems to affect how much ammo you receive...

C6A27: Multiplier #1?
C6A37: Ammo Type #1
C6A47: Multiplier #2?
C6A4B: Ammo Type #2
C6A5B: Multiplier #3?
C6A5F: Ammo Type #3

If the values match (like 0C, and 0C), than you get max Magnum Rounds. But if you change the first value, you get less. I think 0A only gave me 10 bullets once. I have been given 200 and 400 9mm ammo before, as well. I'm not sure how it works, but maybe someone else can figure out the technical side.

I have not tested yet, but I imagine something similar would be going on for the individual weapons cheats. They each have what looks like two Ammo Types in ROM, as well.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I always assumed that it was just giving you double the amount of standard ammo since those values always matched - like take magnum ammo, take magnum ammo again? The numbers always seemed the same.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

That's what I figured, too. But it seems the first of the two isn't actually ammo itself, but does affect how much the player receives of the second (which determines the ammo type). If the values match (say 0C / 0C and 01 / 01) you end up with maxed out ammo for those types (magnum and 9mm). But if they don't, you get a different amount. So it seems only three ammo types are actually added for the Extra Weapons cheat, and not six. Until we figure out how the other spots affect the ammo given, perhaps it would be best to force both to use the same value, which gives max ammo, like the cheat would normally do.

pavarini
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for adding the new x-ray view options, however it only affects some textures and secondary triangles. This is x-ray and this is what it should look like with the BSP tool open.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

That's really odd, because X-Ray shows completely X-Ray for me...hmm. If you load a stock setup, X-Ray doesn't work? Which level?

pavarini
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Frigate has better results, but still has areas where it is not being x-ray'd. Opening the BSP tool fixes these errors.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

That's very strange, this is what I see:
https://gyazo.com/90403574f705ca7f21af1720ad245ae8

pavarini
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

That is odd. Could you try turning on clipping with x-ray? What about looking at untextured triangles (pipes in frigate)?

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ah ok, I had advanced rendering off. When I turned it back on, I saw the issue. Try the beta now, should be fixed for Advanced Rendering too.

pavarini
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yes it works now - thank you, but the clipping is still unaffected by x-ray mode. Any chance you could fix that? Thanks.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 36, 37, 38 ... 105, 106, 107  Next
Page 37 of 107

Jump to: