ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

GoldenEye Setup Editor Feature Requests List/Bugs
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 44, 45, 46 ... 105, 106, 107  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CrashOveride
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2018 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Entropy Soldier wrote:
Can we...

Can we finally update the UI? Maybe turn the current editor code into a DLL and then write a new front-end for it in something that isn't Visual Basic?

The current UI design was usable for the first versions of the editor but as more and more features got added they got relegated to massive dropdown lists and huge panels of buttons and honestly at this point I have trouble using it myself.

Subby Wubby's true legacy is the research and backend of the editor, which should all still be usable...but to make it accessible to creative types who don't want to deal with any fancy code stuff a new interface should probably be built from the ground up.

Obviously not something that needs to be done right away, but perhaps it's worth thinking about as a long-term goal. The editor is so powerful but learning how to use it nowadays takes an apprenticeship, when most of the features probably just need a different presentation + an "advanced mode" in order to be intuitive.

this tbh

Carnivorous

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I agree as well. But that's a long term goal, I want to focus on fixing issues that I find important before redesigning the interface.

The door close/open preview sfx for the object editor has been fixed. You will have to download the latest install, or extract the GEEdit3\HelpFiles directory from the latest zip and replace the one in your current install.

MRKane wrote:
I suppose I should bug you about looking into the importing of paths from obj. It's currently flipped on the x axis and the imported paths seem to result in AI crashing in PD but I cannot yet put my finger on why :)

Please update with the beta version

Edit - Newest update has my first new feature. You can now set GE cameras to the visual window. A new button has been added to the intro block and object editor so you can get the perfect shot for cutscenes. I have repackaged the installer with Trevor's new icon association scripts, which will not trigger UAC.

Carnivorous

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2018 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Code:
* Make jump to function sub action default to current actor [FD]
* Ignore return value for check syntax used by 27/2B
* If check objective bit detect is over 40 items, copy to clipboard [for GE/PD]
* Use mpg123.exe as MP3 player for headerless PD MP3s
* Replaced many paths to use temp directory
* Clear temp directory after 7 days instead of 30 days
* Remove Ally button from action block editor [never worked]
* Increase size of normals preview within visual window [CTRL+SHIFT+U]
* Increased directx clipping plane for SSB
* Make shift hotkey to slow movement [if slow movement toggle is on, will set to normal movement]
* Make ctrl/alt move object on X/Z axis
* Only save setup if 'import setup from visual' is clicked
* Ask user if they want to import background if 'import setup/level from visual' is clicked
* Add png/gif support to the image editor
* Set F3 screenshot to save as png

Thanks to SubDrag for the help so far. You can download the latest beta by visiting https://github.com/carnivoroussociety/GoldEditor

CrashOveride
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Is it possible to add the (make hires) button in 21990 for GE? Subdrag had added it before but he removed it for unknown reasons

Carnivorous

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

restored

CrashOveride
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks!

Carnivorous

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Code:
Final 3.0 changelog
* Fix hires/pal mode undo button
* Removed submit to vault feature
* Removed remote downloads and mupen ini sync
* Add wildcard filter to temp directory delete
* Make model editor use tree mode by default
* Release IDirect3DSurface9 after screenshot/converting to webm/avi

Code:
Future roadmap for the next months
* Remove skin framework
* Move all game related files to own directory
* Create new rc file, rewrite all game interfaces
* Remove legacy ROM editor
* Add a interactive tutorial for GE/PD
* Extend GE animation table to support more slots

Last edited by Carnivorous on Tue Oct 02, 2018 11:37 pm; edited 2 times in total

00action
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Really happy to see someone take over with the editor, looks like you have got a plan going forward and I'm looking forward to it. keep up the good work and thanx!
https://www.twitch.tv/00action

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Extending the GE animation table sounds like a great addition. Would that also allow for more helicopter / plane animations, as well? It would be nice to get some extra custom ones made up for them.

Lazlo52
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Remove legacy project system? But, isn't a project the only way to directly create .bin files for bg and clipping? I stopped using Import level from Visual this year since it started giving me trouble.

Carnivorous

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Sorry - I meant ROM Editor dialog that was used in junction with the old project system. Projects themselves will be left untouched. And 'Import level from Visual' buttons have been changed to only import setup so it's safe to use.

Sogun
General
General

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Carnivorous wrote:
And 'Import level from Visual' buttons have been changed to only import setup so it's safe to use.

Was there any problem with the 'Import level + rooms' feature? I use it all the time and except being unable to import because of corrupted files in extremely rare occasions (this would happen in projects too) I feel very confortable with it.

Thanks for keeping the GE Editor alive and evolving, Carnivorous.

Carnivorous

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The functionality has changed. There wasn't anything wrong with it to begin with, I just didn't like the way it worked. To explain, I first need to list what it did originally and how it's different now.

Previously, if you pressed 'import level from visual' it would import the setup, clipping, export background and import. The 'import level from visual + rooms' would do the same as above, but instead it would only export the room positions.

Now, I've changed the text on the buttons to more accurately reflect the function it does. If you press 'import setup from visual' it will only import the setup. Pressing 'import setup/level from visual' will popup a dialog window asking if you want to import the background. If you click no it'll only import setup/clipping/room positions, and if you click yes it will convert the background like the original button did.

Why change the button? Because if you're working on a map like streets (which has 0 vertex rooms) importing would fail. Most of the time I just want to import a setup without having to worry that reconverting the bg broke something.

Lazlo52
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ah, I see! This all makes sense now. Only thing's left is to figure out what you mean by "skin framework." Is it the window styles? I'd be sad, but I could understand if they're a pain to manage.

Carnivorous

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yes, skin framework is the ability to use custom msstyles for the editor. They are a little buggy but people like them. I've put up a poll - please vote https://strawpoll.com/x5s7sbak

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 44, 45, 46 ... 105, 106, 107  Next
Page 45 of 107

Jump to: