ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

GoldenEye Setup Editor Feature Requests List/Bugs
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 51, 52, 53 ... 105, 106, 107  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sixty four
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hey Carn, DKR is saving secondary files as pad. You probably know but only PD is pad secondary. DKR, Mickey, and JFG should be set files for secondary. It may be a bug from before since it didn't use new extensions there.

Carnivorous

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Oops, I'll fix this soon thanks

Edit - I can't replicate it, I've only saved as set. Is this for projects?

sixty four
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Carnivorous wrote:
Oops, I'll fix this soon thanks

Edit - I can't replicate it, I've only saved as set. Is this for projects?

Yep its for saving projects.

Carnivorous

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Please try the latest beta

sixty four
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Carnivorous wrote:
Please try the latest beta

It appears to be fixed, nice work!

Lazlo52
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I redownloaded the installer and everything I mentioned looked fixed. Thank you! I'll also keep the individual text sizes in mind and change those around if I see any unusually big text in the editor.

Except just one thing. The BetaGrabberTool still cannot find any betas for me. I even tried making an exception for it in Windows Firewall. At the very least, where can I get the three files on my own? If I redownload the ZIP contents of 4.0, will that guarantee the executable and action INI files?

Carnivorous

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

https://github.com/carnivoroussociety/GoldEditor/releases/tag/4.0

sixty four
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2018 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Carnivorous wrote:

Quote:
on the other hand I would like to ask for DKR and especially MSU, a menu in which you can modify and alter the skills of each character (weight, acceleration, speed, manageability). at least I think that should be possible in MSU, because on the character selection screen we are told in points as and how much of each ability each of the characters. I always thought that can be altered by gameshark code on the selection screen, although I have not yet arrived that.

i focus on DKR and MSU because apart from liking them i think they should grow as much as GE has done and that i should be up to GE in the editor.

I'll try to add this to the editor in a future date

Yeah I'd love some character attribute editing for DKR in the future if you can pull that off we will be eternally grateful Smile

Lazlo52
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2018 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Carnivorous wrote:
https://github.com/carnivoroussociety/GoldEditor/releases/tag/4.0

So, that's where the Releases tab was hiding! I swear, it moves somewhere different each time I use that site. ... Naturally, the BetaGrabberTool is working correctly now that I see this.

Now, since I can finally check the latest beta again, here's some new PD stuff. These are a couple of guard flags I uncovered when I was intensely studying the built-in action blocks:

React to Alarm
00000000 00800000 00000000 00 00000000
With this flag on, guards using built-in action blocks (not 001F, it's incomplete in there) will run to Jo when the alarm is sounded.

Extra CamSpy Time
00000000 00000000 00008000 00 00000000
This causes guards who are inspecting a player's CamSpy to go into an extra loop before opening fire on it.

Both of those flags can be seen on a few guards in G5 Building. 0x12 and 0x0C respectively, for a quick look.

Also, can you rename "Crouch for Cover" to "Crate Guard Behavior"? I realized my original suggestion isn't specific enough.

Carnivorous

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The editor has been ported to 64 bit, however along the way some features had to be dropped. All GameShark and backup device code has been removed from the editor. Zlib had to be removed - gzip is now the only compression library used. This was done because of the incompatibility with x64. If you absolutely must use these features then I suggest keeping 4.0

Due to the differences in redist dlls and exes I've had to create a new version number for x64 - the new version has been labeled as 4.1.

You may ask why drop x86 support - many levels in PD would crash if you tried to view them in light mode. There simply wasn't enough memory available. Now the editor will use all available RAM and is overall faster. You can download 4.1 over here https://github.com/carnivoroussociety/GoldEditor/releases

If you're getting an 0xc000007b or side-by-side configuration error then you may be lacking some redist libraries. Make sure you have each one listed on the github readme

Code:
4.1 Changelog

* Added 'Longer CamSpy Inspection' guard flag [PD]
* Added 'React to Alarm' guard flag [PD]
* Renamed 'Crouch for Cover' guard flag [PD]
* Removed GameShark text upload feature
* Fixed levelVisual/levelQuickROM initialize
* Doubled heap allocation
* Dropped 32-bit support
* Ported to 64-bit
* Removed zlib library
* Removed GameShark parallel port support
* Removed backup device support
* Visual Editor: Fixed camera objects not being selectable [GE/PD]

CrashOveride
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2018 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I cannot download the installer for 4.1, it keeps canceling. Is it corrupt?

Carnivorous

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2018 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Sorry - I'll rebundle and reupload, check in 2 hours

CrashOveride
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2018 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I don't know why this happens, ill try the 7z

Carnivorous

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2018 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I've confirmed the github upload is working - try this mirror https://files.catbox.moe/t70izu.7z

Last edited by Carnivorous on Sat Dec 15, 2018 3:05 pm; edited 1 time in total

CrashOveride
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2018 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks, that worked

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 51, 52, 53 ... 105, 106, 107  Next
Page 52 of 107

Jump to: