ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

GoldenEye Setup Editor Feature Requests List/Bugs
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 52, 53, 54 ... 105, 106, 107  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CrashOveride
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2018 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

when i launch the editor nothing happens. the editor doesn't even show up in task manager. are there any new redists?

Carnivorous

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2018 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

There was a redist DLL collision with the first 4.1 installer, which has been fixed. Delete d3d9.dll and d3d9_30.dll and BetaGrabberTool.exe. Extract within the editor directory with these new files https://a.uguu.se/zOF3ZICI6QM0.7z

If this still has issues download and install the listed redists linked on the github readme

CrashOveride
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2018 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

that was the issue, thanks

Lazlo52
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2018 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'd like to bring up the case of the missing scale value in the 39850 menu. As seen in this thread, the Model Details tab has the ground offset but not the model scale for guard models. As a quick reference, here's what Wreck said last:

Wreck wrote:
Character & Head Setup Table @ 22F24
Each block is 0x14 sized

0x00: Gender, POV, Random Heights, Neck Alignment, Is or Has Head
0x02: C~Z body or head file ID
0x04: Scale
0x08: Ground Offset
0x0C: Reserved for RAM
0x10: Ghand~Z file ID (if body type)
0x12: Null

I had wondered if we could shorten this list before, to allow additional characters / heads, and realized that scale is actually used. So only the null data could maybe possibly be removed to shorten each block to 0x12. A decent savings over the long run.

Carnivorous

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2018 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Just a FYI - midi playback is currently broken. The DirectMusic API was not ported over to x64 and has been depreciated. I have a solution in mind but it will take a few weeks before it is working. If you need MIDI playback you have to use 4.0 for now, sorry

Lazlo: Done

Bonus video

SATURN_81
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I could observe how MSU unlike DKR and MK64, in the final lap to a circuit the music continues to sound at the same speed, this may be a bit stupid, but I think that the change of rhythm in the music with a higher speed in the final lap generates a feeling of some tension and nervousness to the player. I would therefore like to apply for MSU (and any other game where this feature does not exist) to be able to increase the speed of the rhythm of the song in the final lap.

Miles
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2018 12:08 pm    Post subject: Unlocking all levels and characters Reply with quote Back to top

In the editor, using the unlock all levels and characters function replaces 4 bytes in many places of the rom, in checksum and outside of checksum, with these bytes (not specifically in order, some get used more than once).

24 04 00 FF
24 0E 00 FF
24 0F 00 FF
34 08 FF FF
34 0A FF FF
34 0C FF FF
34 0E FF FF

It seems like a very complicated way of doing this, as the method in the past only changes one set of 3 bytes in the checksum.

On May 22, 2016 Jordan Barkley made one of his first commits to his hack 19XX on it's gibhub page. https://github.com/jordanbarkley/19XX/commit/37075608bc17541882b9df07451c9c3947fc792c

In this early commit's cheats.asm, here is the code he used to unlock everything.
// Unlock Everything
.org 0x42B3B
hex { FFFFFF }
It places 0xFFFFFF at 0x42B3B, and it works how it is named: it unlocks everything.

In the current commit's cheats.asm, here is the code he used to unlock everything. scope Cheats {
// @ Description
// Unlocks everything
OS.patch_start(0x00042B3A, 0x800A3DEA)
dw 0x007F0C90
OS.patch_end()
This time he moved the address one byte before and added 00 before the bytes he wanted to change, so that doesn't change anything. But instead of 0xFFFFFF he used 0x7F0C90, which also seems to have the same affect: unlocking everything.

My point is that the current method seems very complicated. If I were to guess, it manually unlocks each character and level. But why not use the method that is much easier? or at least have an option for it? It works fine in 19XX.

Carnivorous

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2018 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Miles: 19XX's code works, but only if the user has no save. The current code will work regardless if the user has a previous save or not, for this reason I would prefer to keep it

SATURN_81: This is outside of the scope for the editor, sorry but I will have to decline

sixty four
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2018 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Do you think it could be possible to add an "alt vehicle" tick box to checkpoints in the object editor for DKR. So when we are editing objects in DKR and have the checkpoints selected. We could tick a box that makes a checkpoint be for alternate vehicles.

Its not just for planes because when the plane is a primary vehicle than the car is the alternate vehicle.

Anyways, it was actually quite simple. The last 3 bytes on the checkpoint raw data bytes are different for alt vehicles.

Example:

400125E2EA1640000000000000000000FF000000
400227E2EA1640000000000000000000FF000100

Alternate vehicles end with the 100.

There's other things to consider when setting up alternate vehicles but this would help it go quicker instead of editing the data bytes for each one. Perhaps we could tick a box, no rush and no worries if not. (Its harder for me to explain how to do this for new guys and they may make a wrong edit or something heh.)

This level shows the method works: http://n64vault.com/dkr-levels:volcano

Carnivorous

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2018 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'll add this next week thank you

sixty four
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2018 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Carnivorous wrote:
I'll add this next week thank you

Awesome, no rush really, just in your time I think, it will be a good addition. You can add whenever you have the time. Keep it up.

CrashOveride
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2018 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

the editor crashes when clicking on bunker 2 in game config, occurs on original roms.

MithosKuu
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2018 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'm running into an issue with the Export to Obj function for GE and PD

If I export a room or the entire level to Obj the meshes import into my modeling package with corrupted UVWs.

If I export a room or the entire level to Fbx my modeling package crashes when trying to import them.

CrashOveride
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2018 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

What is your modeling package

MithosKuu
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2018 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

CrashOveride wrote:
What is your modeling package

3Ds Max 2017

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 52, 53, 54 ... 105, 106, 107  Next
Page 53 of 107

Jump to: