ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

GoldenEye Setup Editor Feature Requests List/Bugs
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 54, 55, 56 ... 105, 106, 107  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lazlo52
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2019 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The merging looks like it's correct. I did notice some things in the PD actions INI, here's the important stuff...

For 000B, are you sure a "Second ww (acceleration into new animation)" value of 00 is "unstable, may crash?" I can believe it for GE, but PD uses 00 often for its cinema animations. If you know it has crashed PD in other circumstances, then nevermind...but I believe I've used 00 in PD before.

For 0019, the WW directly corresponds with the game's weapons, so the "WW = Damage value" and all those "02: 2.0 damage" listed beneath are unnecessary and misleading.

For 0051, it says an X value of 80 means "always" passes, but this is not true. I reconfirmed it and that value never passes because it's a "not" check. Please change it to "never."

For 0054 and 0055, it says the action does not work with ID F6. I tested it just today and it worked with F6 when I used sub-action 0106 to apply an ID to F6. Considering other tests with 0059 and 005C, it's possible that guards start with F6 defaulted to Jo, while the invisible entities that 10XX blocks assign themselves to don't initialize F6 on their own. When using sub-action 0106 to specify an ID for F6, the 10XX blocks are able to recognize F6.

For 00EC and 00ED, you have, "...even if player doesn't have it their inventory." Please insert the word "in" between 'it' and 'their' for both descriptions.

Carnivorous

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2019 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Done thank you

sixty four
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Another idea for DKR. Press and hold I to insert the next checkpoint which would update the checkpoint order. Sort of like GE path sets. With DKR checkpoints if you do copy/paste with them it will use the same checkpoint order.

So press I on last checkpoint and I on the next desired position. It could update the order and place that new point. Do you think its a possible thing?

Simply being able to insert checkpoints like this makes it so we don't have to place them from the list each time.

SATURN_81
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

that sounds like a great Sixty idea, maybe it can be improved if after pressing the I key you can then navigate using the Tab + Mouse key mode and you can insert a control point or anything else with a simple left click while the I key is activated.

an example of how I imagine this:
-first press the I button
- then optionally press the Tab button and navigate with the mouse plus the arrow keys by visual.
- then you can stop at every part of the map where you need to insert anything from the list (in this case control points), and with a simple left click you insert what you need without having to display the list every time.

55cancri
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2019 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I want to export animation and rigs and it is not possible for me because of the god forsaken "invalid ob2an8.exe" error ...

I have installed GE Editor 3.0 on WinXP (32bit) ...

I installed the fbx sdk from http://images.autodesk.com/adsk/files/fbx20141_fbxsdk_vs2008_win.exe ...

I put the libfbxsdk.dll from C:\Program Files\Autodesk\FBX\FBX SDK\2014.1\lib\vs2008\x32\release\libfbxsdk.dll in the GE editor folder (the path alters slightly from your discription. Why?)...

I put the obj2an8.exe from https://github.com/jombo23/N64-Tools/raw/master/objtoan8/bin/x32/Release/ObjToAn8.exe in the GE editor folder ...

I tried the exact same with 64bit versions and Windows 7 ... and still I get a "invalid ob2an8.exe" error ... I am f**king pulling my hair ...

Is it just me? Is it a wrong sdk version? Because the dll file path is not quite the same from the description.

CrashOveride
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2019 3:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

3.0 hasn't been updated in a long time, I suggest using 4.1 on windows 7

On windows 7 did you use the 64bit libfbxsdk? If so does obj2an8 even run at all when you click on it? If it does have you configured the path in editor preferences?

55cancri
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2019 5:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thank you for your help, I am really desperate. I don't have a Win7 PC around here anymore ... I tried a Wind7 Virtual Machine, but there are unsolvable problems DirectX, it took days to figure that out.

I also installed the 32bit Versions of Visual Studio 2008 and 2013 on the XP Machine. When I click the objtoan8.exe it says "ordinal number in mfc90.dll not found" and I think this refers to visual studio. I installed VS2008, 2010 and 2013 serveral times und let it repair itself .... then I downloaded this crapfile manually and put it in the system32 folder, but it's still the same ... why god, why ..

CrashOveride
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2019 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Did you install EVERY redist that is linked on the github?

55cancri
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yes, I installed it all, but this time I installed the SP1 version of VS2008 Redist. When clicked on objtoan8.exe it says "application could not be initialized 0xc000001d" this time. The objtoan8.exe is still invalid.

Well, my test laptop has a Pentium III CPU with WinXP SP3 installed. Maybe this sort of installation is cursed and I should ask a friend of mine, if I could use his legit Win7 64Bit PC for my weird experiments ^^

Trevor

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Did you try the win98 build on XP?

It really should be pretty simple to install PG.

Install MVC2013 Redist - not the full studio
Install DirectX 9.0c (latest which I believe is somewhere round 2010) - DX might already be installed but files will only be upgraded if needed.
Install FBX SDK
Install PG
Open the PG install DIR and check to see in obj2an8 is there, if so run it to see if it works.

DO NOT download obj2an8 from git on XP as it is 64bit and not compatible, use only the included obj2an8 made by Subdrag.

Trev

55cancri
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Trevor wrote:
Did you try the win98 build on XP?

It really should be pretty simple to install PG.

Install MVC2013 Redist - not the full studio
Install DirectX 9.0c (latest which I believe is somewhere round 2010) - DX might already be installed but files will only be upgraded if needed.
Install FBX SDK
Install PG
Open the PG install DIR and check to see in obj2an8 is there, if so run it to see if it works.

DO NOT download obj2an8 from git on XP as it is 64bit and not compatible, use only the included obj2an8 made by Subdrag.

Trev

Ok, I installed the Win98 version. I guess, with PG you mean PerfectGold, I was confused for a while. The original objtoan8.exe now works, when I click on it, but when I export rigs, animations or models from the animation or model editor it says "error running objtoan8.exe" and "not supported output type". The 32bit fbx dll file is also in the PG folder.

I always tried the 32Bit version of objtoan8.exe from git (.../objtoan8/bin/x32/Release/ObjToAn8.exe) and also testet the beta download thing, no success.

Last edited by 55cancri on Sun May 19, 2019 3:54 am; edited 2 times in total

CrashOveride
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 3:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

PG= PerfectGold aka the editor

55cancri
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 3:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

CrashOveride wrote:
PG= PerfectGold aka the editor

now I got it, thanks Smile

CrashOveride
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 4:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

So the path to OBJ2An8 is configured in preferences? And you're using the 32bit version from the win98 build?

55cancri
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yes, the path for objtoan8.exe ist configured and the 32bit fbx-dll is in the PG directory. I guess, there is only a 32 Bit PG for Win98.

I have now spend a whole week on this. I think, one can call me a true fan, LOL ^^ (or a true idiot ..)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 54, 55, 56 ... 105, 106, 107  Next
Page 55 of 107

Jump to: