ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

GoldenEye Setup Editor Feature Requests List/Bugs
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 55, 56, 57 ... 105, 106, 107  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sogun
General
General

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2019 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

User Garabuyo had trouble applying Light Sources to his GE level and asked me for help.

He noticed that 'Bake bgfile All rooms' didn't do anything. That option always worked for me so I took a look and the same happened to me. I had to use 'Bake bgfile with Options' which has always been there but I never cared to try.
'Bake clipping all rooms' works fine. All this is happening with Editor up to date.

I noticed 'Bake bgfile All rooms' doesn't work since Editor 3.0. It seems that I always relied in the 2.0 version (in which it works) and hasn't done much modding in a long time. Laughing

I'm requesting to remove 'Bake bgfile All rooms' and 'Bake bgfile Room' since 'Bake bgfile with options' does the same. Or doesn't?

EDIT: Weird. Now 'Bake bgfile All rooms' is working again. Even after exiting and reopening Editor.

Carnivorous

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2019 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

If this happens again note down the steps taken and I can look into it. Thanks

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2019 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

We recently fixed an issue that was really only affecting mission setups made by Rare that were opened in the Editor and then saved. Guard paths could get broken, which would cause patrolling guards to wander off and get stuck someplace. A very obvious place to see this happen is in the lower tunnels of Dam. It turns out that there are two types of paths, but the Editor would only support one.

The first type (00) is a forward / backward loop. The guard would begin at the first pad in the list, and progress to each pad until they reach the final one. At this point, they then turn around and go through the pads from last to first. This type is useful for point A to point B style paths, where the guard will walk to one area and then back to the start.

The other type (01) is a connecting loop. As usual, the guard starts out at the first pad, progressing through to the last one. The difference here is that once they reach the final pad, they walk directly to the first one. This is great for a patrol route that flows through the level without turning around. Think of guards near the start of Facility. A circular loop.

This is now supported in Editor, and you can check the box to use type 01, or unchecked as type 00. This info can also allow custom missions to use shorter paths, as you don't need to set backwards pads, as well, anymore.

Lazlo52
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2019 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wreck wrote:
This is now supported in Editor, and you can check the box to use type 01, or unchecked as type 00. This info can also allow custom missions to use shorter paths, as you don't need to set backwards pads, as well, anymore.

Does this apply to Perfect Dark as well? I noticed a difference in guard paths when l was nosing around GE‑X levels.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2019 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It is possible. I had noticed the Editor's PD mode had an extra setting you could use, which should be this same 00 / 01 path type. But I don't know when that was implemented. So the missions in GE-X that had paths (just Silo?) could be affected. I noticed a long time ago that guards seem to walk paths differently between games, though. Like PD they got more confused, and at certain points might do a little circle or have trouble with stairs. Something I will have to look into for future GE-X updates.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2019 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I just noticed that a few of PD's missions have a "02" type path, as well. I think it might be for flying vehicles. It is used in at least Defection, Infiltration, and Mr. Blonde's Revenge. I e-mailed Carnivorous about it, so he should have it supported shortly.

Carnivorous

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2019 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

4.2 released https://github.com/carnivoroussociety/GoldEditor

Code:
Changelog

* Doubled heap allocation
* Updated Editor to VS2019
* Fixed many memory leaks
* Renamed ROM images to be 3D modeler friendly [GE/PD]
* Fixed Skin Frameworks initialization crashes
* Removed outdated help resources
* Added moveset editor [SSB]
* Added model editor [SSB]
* Added animation editor [SSB]
* Visual Editor: Fixed Y axis clipping [SSB]
* Visual Editor: Fixed track editor [SNAP]
* Visual Editor: Render water [SNAP]
* Visual Editor: Increased optimization compile flags
* Visual Editor: Add sound preview for door openings [GE/PD]
* Object Editor: Added door sound effect preview [PD]
* Image Editor: Fixed grayscale huffman pre-processed crash [GE/PD]
* Model Editor: Fixed textures from model bug with watch model [GE]

Carnivorous

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2020 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Due to time constraints I will no longer be maintaining the editor. My last update for 4.2 is refactoring PD's TLB code, which should resolve the last of the size errors on ROM inject. Many thanks to SubDrag for the advise and help over the last 2 years.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2020 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I had one thing I need to test to confirm, but would be good to include if it is indeed what I believe it to be. I will test it tonight and post the results here. Hopefully it can be implemented.

Glad to hear PD is seeing some updating. File compression issues cause a lot of trouble. The 56FE0 file crops up too big quite often.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2020 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Alright, I tested it out, and it was what I thought...

I noticed while putting together the compilation pack, that GoldenEye has certain objectives that are marked as completed in the folder results screen when you exit the mission (by either reaching the end or aborting in the watch) or after you die. I tried a bunch of things to replicate this, but eventually thought it might be hardcoded. Turns out, it isn't.

In the start objective block (17), you set the difficulty @ 0xF.
00: Agent
01: Secret Agent
02: 00 Agent
03: 007

However, we were not paying attention to 0xE.
01: Completes upon exit or death

This allows thing like minimize casualties to be considered completed on the results screen. You can still fail it, if you meet the criteria. Also, you must set the objective to be completed during the mission (such as when you trigger the ending) in order for an All Objectives Complete action check to pass, showing the outro scene.

So it would be useful to include this flag, and make sure the difficulty settings are correct. It looks like the Editor is saying 007 Mode for these minimize casualties objectives by mistake. Not sure if PD has this.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2020 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Oh, one other thing I had noticed, but not sure if it still affects newer versions. In 21990, there seems to be possible garbage data that gets placed between the image offset table and the following list, which I think is the texture hit type data. I know the Editor redoes the image offset table, condensing the size to allow for additional entries. But it appears that extra data is being writen near the end of it, and it affects file compression. I have had to delete this data manually a few times, in order for it to compress small enough on newer custom ROMs.

Lazlo52
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2020 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wreck wrote:
So it would be useful to include this flag, and make sure the difficulty settings are correct. It looks like the Editor is saying 007 Mode for these minimize casualties objectives by mistake. Not sure if PD has this.

A long while ago, l was messing around with Perfect Dark mode a bit. Based on what l wrote about it, Perfect Dark Mode uses the same difficulty value as Perfect Agent (02). This means the Perfect Dark flag in the Objectives Editor does nothing (unless a difficulty modifier code is used). The way my notes are worded makes me believe you can have hidden PD objectives accessible with cheat codes only.
I did not test 007 Mode back then, but a super-quick test today suggests higher difficulties in GE include everything below it...which certainly implies 007 Mode doesn't really mean "difficulty 03". And if the combobox for difficulty were using an index outside of the array, the combobox would appear empty, l think.

Regarding Carnivorous's standing down...does that mean it's too late to bring up a minor quality of life fix and bug report?

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2020 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

PD's objective difficulty setting uses combinable bits, doesn't it? So you can set an objective to only be on one difficulty, such as save the negotiator in Villa. But I do remember it being a little weird with Perfect Dark mode. Didn't seem to work the same way as GE, from what I recall.

01: Agent
02: Special Agent
04: Perfect Agent
08: Perfect Dark

And 007 is actually difficulty 03. That's what the Editor was exporting for me when setting up the 007 Mode only bonus objective for each mission in the compilation.

Hopefully Carnivorous can get in these last few suggestions before moving onto other things.

Lazlo52
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2020 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wreck wrote:
PD's objective difficulty setting uses combinable bits, doesn't it? So you can set an objective to only be on one difficulty, such as save the negotiator in Villa. But I do remember it being a little weird with Perfect Dark mode. Didn't seem to work the same way as GE, from what I recall.

And 007 is actually difficulty 03. That's what the Editor was exporting for me when setting up the 007 Mode only bonus objective for each mission in the compilation.

Hopefully Carnivorous can get in these last few suggestions before moving onto other things.

Hm, l see. I left out my reasoning about the Casualty objectives showing up as 007 Mode in the editor. That mystery will surely be answered if that 0xE can be implemented.
I definitely know Perfect Dark Mode in-game uses Perfect Agent, though, since that was the whole reason l wrote anything down to begin with.

Carnivorous

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2020 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I've transitioned to a linux environment and will no longer be able to compile the editor, you should contact SubDrag and he will fulfill these requests when he has time.

And if you're not aware, Ryan has been doing a wonderful job decompiling PD - setups have been written into C. Check it out

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 55, 56, 57 ... 105, 106, 107  Next
Page 56 of 107

Jump to: