ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

DD Defection Intro-city
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Carrington's Hacker Central
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DK25
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 1:10 pm    Post subject: DD Defection Intro-city Reply with quote Back to top

Everyone who has played Perfect Dark knows that at the beggining of the first level, there is a cutscene that has many buildings in it. I'm wondering if you could open that in the editor and use it. Is this possible Subdrag/Wreck?

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

If by use it you mean walk around there, no, since no clipping present, and won't be easy to add for a long time, if ever. You can certainly navigate it though in editor to view it.

Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It's actually a part of Defections background. It's surprisingly close to the tower. I don't see why you couldn't use it, probably no clipping though.

DK25
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

it's part of Defecton? I could look at it now. Is it possible to add clipping for PD?
EDIT: Just looked at it, no clipping tere, but, the offices you pass by that you cannot accees on the elavator

00Dark

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I wish you could convert level background triangles or whole floors to clipping in the beta editor. I don't think the beta Perfect Editor does that yet. It is fused with GoldenEye and you'd probably find the option in the visual editor, but it won't work and will crash the program. That's because it hasn't been implemented for Perfect Dark yet.

I believe it is possible in GoldenEye to port the Defection city into actual gameplay with clipping and somehow enable players to travel the rooftops. You'd have to either use warps or just edit the level background in Hammer and make bridges from rooftop to rooftop. That could be possible.

DK25
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I know you can port levels in the editor, so, I'm going to try that.
EDIT: Are you able to put a pad/object on any surface the is not vertical?

acceptable67

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

You could possibly add clipping to the buildings but it might take quite a bit of time. If you want to test it you can just put some clipping on the top of the roof and put a spawn point and walk around, I never tried but I might later.

Edit: I have tried, but it seems impossible to get rid of the pad on the helipad.... so when I took off the spawn point for the pad on the helipad and put a spawn point on the roof, I still spawn at the pad, but I die. I will tinker with it and see what I can do.

PaRaDoX

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

you know you can reach it with moon-jump too. the city is huge.would be good for sniper-battles in the near future Very Happy

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'm pretty sure that there is actually one or two clipping tiles in the outside city. One section has a red glowing look to it. There's a small length of beam that you can stand on, if you land there while using Moon Jump / Levitation. There's a chance that it's there for certain objects or camera points to use, to let the game know which room to utilize. I can't get a picture of it where I am, but if no one else spots it before I get back home, I'll grab a screenshot.

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

Kode-Z
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wreck wrote:
I'm pretty sure that there is actually one or two clipping tiles in the outside city. One section has a red glowing look to it. There's a small length of beam that you can stand on, if you land there while using Moon Jump / Levitation. There's a chance that it's there for certain objects or camera points to use, to let the game know which room to utilize. I can't get a picture of it where I am, but if no one else spots it before I get back home, I'll grab a screenshot.

Doesn't Mr Blonde walk through the glass doors in the intro of "Mr Blonde's Revenge"? I'm pretty sure that was the case anyway!

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I just replayed Mr Blonde's revenge on agent (more fun than I remember), and two odd things:
Guard threw N-Bomb near Cass, guard in between elevator seems to not be attracted despite most of shooting, and is it just me, or did the cut-scenes get gyped? You plant this Skedar bomb and it never goes off, and cut-scenes are like 3 seconds? Yes, he does go through outdoor glass in beginning.

I wonder how they gave guard N-Bomb in level. Maybe bitflag or something on guard.

Last edited by SubDrag on Wed Jan 27, 2010 4:19 pm; edited 1 time in total

acceptable67

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

rofl lol

Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Mr. Blonde's Revenge (or Maian SOS, or WAR!) would probably be the best place to learn how the prerecorded intro/outro animations actually work, since they're all really simplistic. I'm really surprised we actually got any of those missions, given how unfinished the text files were for them in the one beta. WAR! is probably the worst in terms of scene quality. It's also hilarious to hear that Maian going nuts in the end.

acceptable67

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Sorry to bug you DB, but I need some help on converting Multi to Solo

Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

In PD? Couldn't be simpler; PD's stages already have a path network. Take the multi setup, delete the start points and set the pad you want to start on, add guards, props, action blocks, etc. Save it without the "mp_" in its filename, and inject it over the correct setup in the 39850 editor. Then use the Stage pulldown menu under Solo Slot to replace Defection with it or whatever.

Now, if you want to do a really in-depth setup, you'll likely run into some hurdles. We don't have all of the actions documented, so action blocks can be difficult. When in doubt, consult an existing setup. Nothing is known about the prerecorded cameras, so an intro and outro are likely out of the question (unless you get lucky and find one that actually syncs up with an area of the stage you're making a mission for). Still, you can probably put something nice together, and if you play around you might just figure out some of the stuff we don't know yet.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Carrington's Hacker Central All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: