ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

DD Defection Intro-city
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Carrington's Hacker Central
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

SubDrag wrote:
I wonder how they gave guard N-Bomb in level. Maybe bitflag or something on guard.

Good thing to point out. It might be a good idea to pull the Shock Trooper block and compare it to some of the other characters in the setup. Seems as though characters can throw either an N-Bomb or Hand Grenade, so something must determine what it is that they throw, as well as the percentage in which they'll actually throw it. I don't think there is an object block to set that up - like in GoldenEye - so it's likely that it's in their own block.

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I don't see anything that seems to set the grenade probability. I did notice that the 16 object display may be off by one, though. I noticed that in Defection as well, but thought it may have been a mistake from earlier in development. The game gives player 1 the Skedar shuttle instead of the bomb, which we know isn't the case. Player 2 gets the bomb, and there are two more bomb 16 objects (one is supposed to go to player 1, one to player 2, and one used in the lift?). Anyone else notice 16 object discrepancies in the other setups?

Also, the intro block starts the players with $708 rounds of ammo type 14.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Dragonsbrethren wrote:
I don't see anything that seems to set the grenade probability. I did notice that the 16 object display may be off by one, though. I noticed that in Defection as well, but thought it may have been a mistake from earlier in development. The game gives player 1 the Skedar shuttle instead of the bomb, which we know isn't the case. Player 2 gets the bomb, and there are two more bomb 16 objects (one is supposed to go to player 1, one to player 2, and one used in the lift?). Anyone else notice 16 object discrepancies in the other setups?

Also, the intro block starts the players with $708 rounds of ammo type 14.

Hmm, this may be an editor problem as some levels when reexported aren't working properly. I'll take a look.

EDIT: Looks to be editor issue, sorting it out Saturday.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Argh, I found out the issue...apparently 16-objects can be duplicated in PD...this also explains weirdness in all the levels...

Duplicate 16-object in Mr Blonde
4A 7 4
4A 7 5

Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hopefully this find will get more stages working. Smile Amazing that this didn't seem to be causing any major issues, at least from what I played around with.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

This really screws up my 16-object logic. I'm making an executive decision, if duplicates, to delete one of them. It's the only way to work without massively restructuring how that works. I'm going to assume its barely used, so perhaps this will be barely noticeable, and all new levels are fine.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Alas not the smoking gun I had hoped. Only these levels were affected:
Villa -8E/8F
Blonde - 4A
Defection - 4A
Deep Sea - 52

Still great to fix their output (just delete extra 16-object, seems to be only used with double guns, minor impact).

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Didn't air base have weird clipping issues in the main doors? I can't get that to occur any more on setup file output, but don't remember fixing anything? Infiltration intro still screws up. Although can't seem to open any air base door after bare-bones.

Last edited by SubDrag on Fri Jan 29, 2010 6:25 pm; edited 1 time in total

Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I remember Air Base having a problem down the escalators, the shiny green/blue floor near the door to the elevator.

acceptable67

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Dragonsbrethren wrote:
In PD? Couldn't be simpler; PD's stages already have a path network. Take the multi setup, delete the start points and set the pad you want to start on, add guards, props, action blocks, etc. Save it without the "mp_" in its filename, and inject it over the correct setup in the 39850 editor. Then use the Stage pulldown menu under Solo Slot to replace Defection with it or whatever.

Errrrrr I still don't understand much D:

(Sorry to throw your conversation out of perportion.)

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Dragonsbrethren wrote:
I remember Air Base having a problem down the escalators, the shiny green/blue floor near the door to the elevator.

Does it still happen with beta? Didn't seem to happen to me.

As an aside, I never paid attention to escalators, but they're pretty cool, guards ride them down.

Second aside, I had no idea the flight attendent runs all the way inside base on path and just cowers in the top part of escalator! She runs to dead guard and says "Is he ok?" Then says "I'm going for help".

Last edited by SubDrag on Fri Jan 29, 2010 6:33 pm; edited 2 times in total

Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

No, it doesn't, I just tested. No idea when it got fixed, it was still there the last time I played with the setup (which was a while ago).

About the escalators, I never noticed either of those things either. I don't think I even noticed they moved you when you stood on them until (relatively) recently.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hehe, apparently you can cloak, follow stewardess inside, enter base, then stun her and change into disguise whereby finally achieve objective.

It's kind of amusing seeing guards shoot at you on elevator going up, they keep sort of coming down, shooting and going up, then repeating.

Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I really like the Air Base background, nice looking place. Lots of windows and places where you can look out over other areas. It's a shame you have to run through it like a madman and don't have time to appreciate it when playing normally.

I never did finish it on PA, those NSA goons just shred you. I usually don't get past the first ambush after the terminal where you disable the security system.

Last edited by Dragonsbrethren on Fri Jan 29, 2010 6:40 pm; edited 1 time in total

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wow never saw this one before. Snuck into base, then killed too many guys and it said "Too many neutral casualties inflicted", failed objective A.

Since all this PD hacking, I have a huge new appreciation for PD's subtleties, and have been liking it far better than before.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Carrington's Hacker Central All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: