ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

What will they fix from the original PD for XBLA version?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Perfect Dark
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GE MASTER
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 10:23 pm    Post subject: What will they fix from the original PD for XBLA version? Reply with quote Back to top

Although I'm thinking they want to leave the game as an exact port, I don't think that will happen. Do you think they will leave it as pristine PD?

The dizzy effect can go as far as I'm concerned. Lasting into your regen is simply a glitch. Not supposed to be, and can be fixed.

I wonder about falling deaths. I know they did say that falling off ramps etc to death wasn't part of the intent. That would be a massive alteration to the game. I say just leave it as the original was.

Will they keep the increase accuracy for the double crouch? Will there even be the double crouch? I think it kicks ass, they better keep it. I'm just not sure how that will come off with the control schemes.

I'm just getting more and more excited about this!

oldyz

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Lots of things need to be fixed, back in about september the gang down here discussed it and we helped ollo make some points for the xbox foro

http://forums.xbox.com/29257030/ShowPost.aspx

it is funny reactions that some people made, since we hated him for his poison knives technique, he made a separate post about it too to defend

http://forums.xbox.com/29253973/ShowPost.aspx

the one that makes me worry is the farsight if we can play online, but that needs complex solutiion

i do hate the ringing noise in the main game too, since that noise was not in Goldeneye.
is there a gameshark code to turn it off?

the crouch accuracy must stay, it makes more realistic.

GE MASTER
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The farsight is fine to me. The goal in that game become who can get one first. That's fair.

Ah, just thought about the characters issue. We will all be little Elvis? Who wouldn't take Jaws for example?

If things get silly, perhaps they can just create patches?

oldyz

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

we spoke of that too, and came up with the idea for different strenghts for characters, speeds and resistances.

elvis might be weak but can probably move faster. also big guns would affect his aim.

Jaws?
i dont thik Jaws is in PD, but it would be nice. he would be a bit more resistant and have better aim, but a little slower.

farsight can be solved if it has no auto-aim.

Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

For the love of... Don't change a damn thing! The only gameplay related thing I would like to see fixed is respawning with blurriness/poison still in effect, and even those could be argued as features (how could they miss something like that in testing?). They already butchered the graphics in both modes; we certainly don't need to see the gameplay massacred in the sake of "fairness" as well.

radorn

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Dragonsbrethren wrote:
[...] we certainly don't need to see the gameplay massacred in the sake of "fairness" as well.

yeah, I hate "fairness/equality" crap they do in games nowadays, like how in super mario kart for the DS they change the kind of objects you get "randomly" from the itemboxes depending on your current position, so if you are first you only get crap items and if you are a bad player and always lose you get all kinds of extreme arsenal, namely the blue shell, that flies through the air all along the track without doing anything to other players (unlike in mk64, where it can also knock off other players if they cross it's path), and upon hit it completelly stops you. This is a leveling crap, suppossedly, making worthless any effort in that game because there can always be some lamer who is 8th that can knock you off, causing you great prejudice and providing him no advantage at all. SO LAME.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Mainly get rid of dizziness.

GE MASTER
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I meant Oddjob in my previous post. My bad!

I agree, they should dick with anything. No balancing, no altering. Leave well enough alone. I just wonder though, can they actually leave it alone? Tinker this tinker that....and you have a travesty on your hands.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Honestly, the FarSight can be more of a pain to use than it's worth. Using the Target Locator function is only so good. If the person is running at full speed, the weapon usually lags behind them. Unless they're coming at you straight-on, the function isn't nearly as helpful as it sounds. You're better off using it without going into either aiming mode.

The problem with online is that it is so different from in-person. Playing against two or three buddies is one thing, but against seven of more strangers is another. Add to that the anonymity of being behind a screen, and you've got yourself an easy way to vent frustration without making yourself look like an ass in front of real people. You wouldn't keep friends long if you're yelling at a guy three feet away from you for using an overpowered weapon and playing cheap, would you? But for some reason, there's nothing holding you back from doing that to a guy who is miles away. In the minds of many, everyone online is either a "cheater" or a "glitch-exploiter" (GE and PD emulation excluded). That's the simple truth of online gaming, which is why I'd far rather play with friends around the television anyday.

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

oldyz

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

SubDrag wrote:
Mainly get rid of dizziness.

Well, even though olllo and lt.fumbles are the dirtiest players i know, i still like the resurrection dizziness because it is very fun to do their dirty tricks to them. since we are playing in same room it is very fun to watch the expresion they make,so i like the poison dizziness i guess.

Dragonsbrethren wrote:
For the love of... Don't change a damn thing! The only gameplay related thing I would like to see fixed is respawning with blurriness/poison still in effect, and even those could be argued as features (how could they miss something like that in testing?)

One thing is that the poison resurrection was left there with purpose.
all versions and the revisions of the game have it. if it where bug , the things you stick in rivals like mines would reappear too when waking up.

but when we play for money it is forbidden to use mines & sentrys in reespawn points, poison desecrating is also not good.

[quote="radorn"]
Dragonsbrethren wrote:
[...] we certainly don't need to see the gameplay massacred in the sake of "fairness" as well.

but in case of online gaming or for competition purposes, options to allow a more balanced game are good, as long as they are not forced.
it would be up to the host to decide and make the rules and for the people who come and play to accept them.

the game itself already makes lots of balancing possible if you increase a players damage attributes in the menu.
and when rules allow everything - some players have pickup highlight , radar and player highlight.

when we spoke of character attributes, we took ideas from mostly on wrestling and fighting games. different strenght and speed are what some like and some don't.
I am not sure, but did not the goldeneye character Oddjob have greater speed than most other characters? also i remember Jaws was a bit stronger to kill.
also would have to be just an optional thing too. not a default thing the game forces on you.

so say you choose elvis as character, under the same menu where you choose head and body you could also turn on and activate a red box that says "use character attributes"
this would do no good if the game rules say that character attributes are not allowed.

we don't like when games force us to do something we don't want,like in the case of the targetting sound, there should have been an option to turn it off just like turning off the crosshairs and the automatic aim.

or more recently how they plan to use controller settings that are not like the original game at all.

the best thing about perfect in comparison to Bond's multiplayer was that each player can have their own settings-
example:
fumbles and ollo play with no automatic aim or crosshairs nor radar
but they allow me to use crosshairs with my character.
and the youngest play with automatic aim, but no crosshairs and have radar.
this is all at the same time thanks to rules menu, where many things can be allowed or not, so a resurrection dizziness off option can be placed inside that menu as well as any other issues that make people mad.

Wreck wrote:
That's the simple truth of online gaming, which is why I'd far rather play with friends around the television anyday.

we too like friends in the same room , except that when one friend cheats we make punishment with "pamba china" to the cheaters.
if the game has good enough options to remove or allow some things this rarely happens.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 4:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

A lot of people seem think that Oddjob was faster than normal characters, and that Jaws was slower. As far as I know, there's nothing to prove this. Nothing in their character setup blocks appear to contain speed or health controls. They move at the same speed and have the same health. Their size is what makes them different to play against. It is harder to get a headshot on Jaws, and you need to lower your aim a little against Oddjob. On the opposite side, playing as either character also means you need to adjust your aim constantly. There's no real positive or negative to playing as or against these guys.

Elvis, on the other hand...
With a head that big, it's easier to gain headshots.

I'm against character attributes. I think it is much more fair to keep everyone on the same page. No one moves faster, no one runs slower, no one can take more damage, no one is weaker, etc. Those kinds of things are what makes people fight over which characters are allowed and which aren't.

oldyz

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 5:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wreck wrote:
A lot of people seem think that Oddjob was faster than normal characters, and that Jaws was slower. As far as I know, there's nothing to prove this. Nothing in their character setup blocks appear to contain speed or health controls. They move at the same speed and have the same health. Their size is what makes them different to play against. It is harder to get a headshot on Jaws, and you need to lower your aim a little against Oddjob. On the opposite side, playing as either character also means you need to adjust your aim constantly. There's no real positive or negative to playing as or against these guys.

it is a good thing you mentioned that. i always said to lt. fumbles and Captain canada that those was illusion or perception , Jaws especially because he was harder to kill in the single player adventure.

i think that physically the opposite is true- oddjob is slightly slower. because he is smaller.
use the tiny jo trick in perfect dark and it is evident that speed has good relation to how big you are.

Wreck wrote:
Elvis, on the other hand...
With a head that big, it's easier to gain headshots

big flaw that both games have- big hair = big head.
shooting Baron samedi in the hat= headshot
helmets = headshot

ollo thought for a long time that lt fumbles was better than him in the cooperative mode, and until recently we notice that velvet dark's bigger head of hairs made her more vulnerable.

it would be cool to have helmets function to give some protection - liek they give protection in goldneye to the guards in the adventure mode.

Wreck wrote:
I'm against character attributes. I think it is much more fair to keep everyone on the same page. No one moves faster, no one runs slower, no one can take more damage, no one is weaker, etc. Those kinds of things are what makes people fight over which characters are allowed and which aren't.

mm. i like to choose characters. it would be a little dull if we play with all the same guy.
what if they add skedars to the multi?

the physical traits the big hair weakness in characters have or the tallness are in a way attributes that you accept when you use them.

also if they where to add attributes to them, not only should they be off by default but there should also be added a option in the rules to allow them globally or not.

Also perfect dark allowed for all people to use the same character anyway
so if attributes where there, everyone can use them same at same the time, or not.

GE MASTER
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

For fun, I wish they would cause a moving crate to trigger the laptop. It should, but doesn't. I won't get changed, but it was in my mind, an oversight. Like a moving crate triggers a mine, the box should do the same. Any movement in theory triggers the laptop....in theory of course.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

You know, that would be very handy. Not just in Combat Simulator, but also in missions. Distract the autogun and take advantage of it. A Laptop Sentry Gun can only hold so much ammo per placement, so that would help to deplete it safely. Very good concept.

oldyz

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

in goldeneye it is more likely to be realistic, i think even some of Bond movies show something like that.
the extrange useless objects found in bond game should work as distraction by having ability to throw them or the mines, but it means wasted mines.

In Perfect Dark they have excuse that gun detects heat of human body.
that does mean of course that if you trigger a explosion on purpose or throw a rocket, this should distract the sentry
slayer rocket should distract sentry.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Perfect Dark All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: