ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Welcome to my best new level i made Guys
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Mapping and Modelling
View previous topic :: View next topic  
EternallyAries

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:23 pm    Post subject: Welcome to my best new level i made Guys Reply with quote Back to top

Hi guys i got somthing so cool i ben working on for months and i am done its complex and aztec put to getter it looks so cool i got some texter to fix but it is done made it in the DeleD editor and looks cool here is some pics of it

Thats the new whak way to get in the complex

Thats how you go back in the aztec

And that what the level looks like i hope you like

but i need help how do i import the level in the goldeneye editor i cant sem to do it i hope somone can help.

PS3 God
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wicked cool, Good job.

Entropy Soldier
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

did you create this from scratch?

or did you export the two levels and merge them in Deled?

EternallyAries

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I export one at a time it wus so hard to make it work and find a good plase to put the complex in and aztec but i still need help import it in the editor

Entropy Soldier
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thinking about this, it may be quite a big stage. Try to improve flow by connecting w/e parts of the level you can together, otherwise it will take eons to find opponet

Grimreaper360
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Looks great, Nice job Very Happy

Camaro
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I would also recommend maybe removing parts from map. It definitely looks way too big. But I still applaud you for combing those two maps Very Happy

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

That was a really clever idea, Aries. Interesting place you chose to connect the two maps together. It definitely makes for one very large level. I wonder if it may be too large, though. Any guess as to how many rooms there are in total? I think GoldenEye has a maximum of either 0x94 or 0x95 total rooms. If you have more than that, you'll end up with trouble. Hopefully this isn't the case, but it may require checking into. Still, that's a wonderful concept and nice execution, thus far. Smile

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

EternallyAries

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wow i just look at all the rooms and it has 179 rooms in the level now thats a lot of rooms but the wrerd part is that wen i import the complex and aztec at the same time in the goldeneye editor befor i put it in the DeleD editor and edit. it loaded in the goldeneye editor and all the rooms show at the same time.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hmm, if there are 179 Decimal rooms, than that'd make for 0xB3 Hexadecimal rooms. You'd have to ask Sub or Zoinkity, but I'm pretty sure it was determined that only 0x94 or 0x95 Hexadecimal rooms are capable of being loaded in one map. Perhaps the Editor allows for more, but the game doesn't. If this is so, it might be a good idea for Sub to add a warning message on imported / exported custom maps that exceed this number.

EternallyAries

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

That wud be a good idea to add warning message ill go ask SubDrag thu a PM if it will work

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah it's 0x95 is max. Not sure if that means 1 to 0x95 or 1 to 0x94. I thought it did warn, guess I need to add that back.

EternallyAries

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for the info SubDrag i ges i need to ask this but what part of the level wud you like me to get rid of wud you like me to get rid of part of the aztec or wud you like me to get rid of part of complex plees do tell me guys.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Well, if you're going through with it and need to lose a decent number of rooms, the area where you encounter Jaws might not be a bad place to cut out. If you chop everything from the vent entrance, all the way up to just after the pit, that'd probably help. It may also cut down on textures, though many of those wall drawings still exist in the earlier rooms of Aztec. That'd be my recommendation, anyway. Let's see what some other people have to say.

EternallyAries

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

So far i like your idey Wreck. but dus somone elss have a good idey befor i do this.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Mapping and Modelling All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: