ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Changing Buddies?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Carrington's Hacker Central
View previous topic :: View next topic  
acceptable67

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:22 pm    Post subject: Changing Buddies? Reply with quote Back to top

Is it possible to replace some buddies with new buddies. Such as 2 shock troopers instead of hotshot, just wondering, thought this would be a really good idea.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I've spent some time trying to figure out where they're setup, but haven't had much luck. It is something that I really want to find, as well as the playable mission characters. Letting people choose who they want to play as would be great, especially when custom missions are released. Setting up the image, stats and weapons for you buddy would also be fantastic.

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

EternallyAries

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

This wud be shuch a good idey. want to tell you y? becuse 007 will be in the game now if Wreck can put in Thevelen as a buddie in the game that wud be so cool i hope you guys can replace the buddies in the game. Very Happy

acceptable67

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yeahhhhh :DDD

oldyz

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wreck wrote:
I've spent some time trying to figure out where they're setup, but haven't had much luck. It is something that I really want to find, as well as the playable mission characters. Letting people choose who they want to play as would be great, especially when custom missions are released. Setting up the image, stats and weapons for you buddy would also be fantastic.

Since we don't have the expert skill to help you , the least we can do is hope you succeed in finding that.

EternallyAries wrote:
This wud be shuch a good idey. want to tell you y? becuse 007 will be in the game now if Wreck can put in Thevelen as a buddie in the game that wud be so cool i hope you guys can replace the buddies in the game. Very Happy

Even better- if the whole facility level where to be remade using Perfect dark, there is the chance to play it in cooperative mode Smile
one player uses trevelyan the other Bond, same goes for the jungle level one player uses the "bond girl" and the other the bond.

EternallyAries

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Now that wud be so cool if we can do that oldyz i hope this is posubel

acceptable67

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, I also really hope someone can do this. I would love this.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

There's nothing I'd love more than to get all of the GoldenEye maps in Perfect Dark, but there are a few hurdles. It all revolves around the stage scaling. GE scales the maps up or down in-game, while PD has everything built at a 1:1 scale. So the maps are all (with exception to Facility, and I suppose Bunker would also qualify) way too small to play in. Unless we either figure out how to activate stage scaling in PD, or we adjust the GoldenEye maps, room by room, to fit the proper scale PD uses.

00action
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

would it be possible to export a complete goldeneye level to obj then use a 3d editor to scale the level then save and insert into perfect dark?

Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

No; GE and PD only support integer coordinates for vertices, and you'll get rounding errors if you import something that has been scaled that way. You would need to manually edit the scaled background to fix every vertex and make sure the rooms still align perfectly. It would be much better to get in-game scaling working in PD. Not only could the GE backgrounds be ported as-is, it would help us with modeling new ones as well. Modeling and texturing at 1.0 scale is harder than at a scale where textures can be fit to faces easier.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

When I was first attempting to port the Caves multiplayer map from GE to PD, I had Sub create a tool that would rescale the vertices in a room file. On a room-by-room basis, they looked fine. But due to the rounding that takes place, the edges no longer lined up between rooms. You'd need to manually tweak certain sections so that they'll snap back together. Not absolutely terrible, no. It does change the overall architecture a little bit, which may be quite noticable on certain maps.

Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I did a few rooms in DeleD, but manually moving all of those points is a real pain. Maybe running it through the converter and then fixing the edges in a modeler would be a better solution. I guess you could even fix the edges with the setup editor now, but that would be significantly more work than with a modeler.

00action
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

ok i know this is a daft idear but here goes,
would it be possible to import every room from a goldeneye level as an object in perfect dark and then build the level with objects and then import clipping like how the streets level is contructed in goldeneye?

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It isn't a bad idea, but it would mean a lot of custom objects. Certain levels wouldn't be too bad, such as Caves and Runway, but others would be almost ridiculous. You'd also need to figure out the proper amount in which to size the objects, then place them in a way that they line up perfectly. It really isn't a bad idea at all. I may even think about giving this a shot when I get back home this weekend / Monday. Caves has thirteen rooms, and should only use one or two textures total. It'd still be quite the task, definitely, but it may be worth attempting.

acceptable67

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I am pretty sure this is possible, just... how... I am sure one of you would find it out once you find the Buddies file.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Carrington's Hacker Central All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: