ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Objects in elevators
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Carrington's Hacker Central
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 1:03 pm    Post subject: Objects in elevators Reply with quote Back to top

Has anyone had any success placing an object inside of an elevator? Specifically, a door. I always thought it was pretty lame how they left the door frames inside of the elevators empty, allowing you to see the elevator shaft. Playing around in Area 51, I made a copy of the doubled elevator doors leading to the Phoenix in Rescue, and placed them inside of the elevator car. Unfortunately, the elevator just travels straight through them. I tried setting the force collisions and fall to ground flags on them, but those flags don't seem to have any affect on doors (I noticed this in GE as well). The action block controlling the link between the car doors and exterior doors is working perfectly, but that doesn't really matter when the doors don't travel with the elevator car.

I know Defection had some pads inside of the elevator shafts, and when I placed a normal $03 object on one it got pushed up by the elevator car. I never tried inserting my own inside of a car before, though. I'll probably give an $03 object a try a little later and see if I have any success with that.

Edit: I inserted a potted plant inside of the elevator. It didn't appear in the car, so I set the in-air flag and moved it up so that I was sure it was entirely inside. Then it worked fine, rode up and down with the car with no problem at all. I guess doors are just handled differently. This may not be possible, disappointingly.

fantsu

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Well yeah, objects travel inside elevators normally (see Area51 using the crate to blow up the wall in third floor). Making doors attached doesn't sound that tough.. I wonder if Rare ever thought about it.

Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I was aware that elevators could move objects, what I wasn't sure about was if an object placed inside of the elevator car at the start of the stage would work correctly. It will, as long as you set the in-air flag on it and move it so that it's entirely inside of the car. That won't work with doors; I've tried a few different flags on the doors and nothing seems to be able to move them with the car. The game just handles that object type differently.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Supposedly infiltration's objects in elevator aren't working either on re-output of clean setup. Any thoughts as to why or anything you came across here?

Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

No idea, I had completely forgotten that they had things in them, or I probably would've looked there first to see if there was anything special set on the objects. I've never looked at the elevators or the objects in them in that setup, I'll check them out later.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I found and corrected the problem. I've moved elevators to be the first object written, it had to be before its contents in the file. Luckily doors could be before or after.

fantsu

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

so how those breakable windows work on datadynes elevators? could they be changed with doors?

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ammo boxes/guns for multi don't seem to show up in elevators. Also, I noticed that you cannot load multi levels in solo as in GE (crashes).

00Dark

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wait a minute... Why can't you load multiplayer levels in solo? I seriously considered one day making a Pipes solo mission to replace Investigation, but you're saying that Combat Simulator levels don't work even with a single spawn point when loaded as a solo mission? Damn... Confused

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

You can load in single, just not with weapons as F0/F1, etc.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, you can get Combat Simulator maps to load as a mission. I was testing it out about a month or two ago with the Ruins. That was even before some of the recent updates made to the PD Editor, so it'd be even better now.

The Ump_setup~Z files crash when loaded in a mission? Is that only for when you pick up one of those weapons, or does it just not know how to handle the weapon ID's and ammo crates?

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I made a new setup in Chicago, added a start point, and gun as F0, and it won't load. I guess it's the gun digit.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Maybe, since 'FX' as weapon is supposed to pull data from the Combat Simulator weapon set, it doesn't know what to do with it? Like it wants to turn the weapon ID into something else, but can't access the information needed in a mission scenario?

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

That sounds reasonable. Somehow they lost GE's check which just made it an unknown weapon or whatever it said.

Trevor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Could you not then add the check? Even if its not in-game then make in in the editor, if output a single player map then gun id's of FX to be deleted.

Trev

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Carrington's Hacker Central All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: