ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Perfect Dark Synth Stabs, Hits (how to?)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Perfect Dark
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ern
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:36 pm    Post subject: Perfect Dark Synth Stabs, Hits (how to?) Reply with quote Back to top

Hi! I'm new.

Ok, I am making a little tune and loving the Goldeneye and Perfect Dark music I'm experimenting with different sounds Rare folks made. I'm in Reason and want to take this track further so can anyone lend a tip on how to make the stabs (hits) as heard in all X-tracks in Perfect Dark for N64? See http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tY4C-KOmgx0&feature=related or http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f0aNlTYNKt0&feature=related

So far I've tried layering strings, brass, sawtooth synth, melodica, some impact samples, adjusting the amp ADSR in the NN-XT sampler. It sounds a bit muddy and not large and airy as in PD music. I'm using power chords or octaves mostly. This is how it sounds: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=I643APQ4

I remember fruity loops having a decent hit, stab preset, but any tips on how to make my own (in Reason)?

EternallyAries

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Welcome to the forms Ern but i not that good at this stuff wen it come to import some sawnd

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Are you trying to make midis or mp3s? You can extract PD instruments.

Ern
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hi Guys,

I'm making an audio file, it's not too perfect dark-ish because it's for a different application, but the instruments are definitly inspired by PD.

SubDrag, these extracted instruments, can they synthesize sound given midi input?

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

That's up to your music software. I know some can take new instruments.

Ern
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ok, suppose I could import VST instruments. Is this what the extracted PD instruments are? Or what form do these extracted instruments come in? Soundfonts?

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

They're wave files

Kode-Z
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The extraced files come as ".wav" files. They can be extracted from the ROM via a program called "SRip".

Theoretically, the samples could be made into a SoundFont - although each one would need it's sample rate altered.

Ern
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Intresting, I extracted the wav files with SRip and one of them was the hit I was looking for. Some of them sound a bit different from the sounds in-game, probably used for sample based synthesis.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Perfect Dark All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: