ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

[XBLA] WTF? 2x AR33 and 2x KF7 Soviets in multiplayer?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Perfect Dark
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GE MASTER
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 10:28 pm    Post subject: [XBLA] WTF? 2x AR33 and 2x KF7 Soviets in multiplayer? Reply with quote Back to top

Okay, I've checked out the various footage of the XBLA previews. I'm seeing footage where a double wield K7 Soviet and double AR-33 is happening. Could this be part of regular gameplay or is this a cheat being shown.

Put me on record as saying these weapons being doubled in multiplayer just ruined multiplayer. Surely to god they won't mess with balance. I'm not trying to overreact to a demo but it clearly shows doubles. That is so freaking lame to me. Those are double handed weapons, end of story.

Just curious if this would be a big deal to you or not if it's a part of regular gameplay.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

You could wield double in missions in both GE and PD, so I suppose it's only natural for them to keep it like that for Combat Simulator. If the game remains heavily the same as the original, it's probably because of how the weapons are setup. Unless they put in some kind of check in CS where you can't pair certain guns, which I don't think they would, you'd end up getting the "left" weapon once you pickup another of the same ID from another location. Say if you made the K7 Avenger capable of being paired, you'd be able to have two in CS. I doubt there is a way around this, due to how the game handles it.

2x RC-P90 coming at you... Shocked

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It doesn't bother me in the least. No one is forcing anyone to select those weapons, they were always available paired in solo and they were available paired in CS at some point during PD's development too. I'd be more annoyed if they prevented them from being paired in an attempt to retain balance. The classic weapons were never balanced - they always stomped all over PD's offerings. That's possibly why they were removed from CS in the first place.

fantsu

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I agree, they removed those automatics from PDs original CS just because they worked that way. Pairing up was possible due there were no hands in screen. I don't care about if theyre gonna be in XBLA version, I stick with the original. Very Happy

GE MASTER
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I don't buy just because it was that way in single player. Balance isn't important in single player but in multiplayer it is.

K7 Avenger isn't double. It's a double handed weapon. As you guys know, it will be cheesy in multiplayer to have a double AR33 etc. Yes, we can choose not to have those weapons in multi. I wonder what the character models look like when you view somebody holding dual K7 soviets. Yucky imo.

NapalmNero
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Well GE had doubles(well with all guns on; and that was excusable it was a 1997 fps)

the duels I feel is just a keen little addition just for kicks I guess; it can probably be shut off in a game setting like in Halo 2

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yes, I know the K7 Avenger isn't capable of being paired. What I had meant was that if you could use double Avenger's in a mission setting, you'd also be able to use double in the Combat Simulator / multiplayer. It's just the way the game (at least the original N64 version) works. Unless they make it so you can't pair the GE Classic weapons in solo, you'll be stuck with doubles in CS. And people would then complain that you can't pair them in missions, saying that it isn't traditional. Basically, it's no-win situation. No matter what, somebody is going to find a way to complain. And I honestly can't see 4J Studios taking the time to update the way weapons work in Combat Simulator, setting flags on weapons to prevent them from being paired. Perhaps an option to disallow doubles altogether, but not specifics.

About the only weapon I could see looking a little odd doubled is the KF7 Special. Most of the others were used in pairs at some point in GE's missions. 2x DD44, 2x Klobb, 2x ZMG, 2x D5K, 2x AR33. Most of them looked just fine.

GE MASTER
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I will somewhat rest my case in that GoldenEye multiplayer you don't have double weapons even though they are in the missions. Slightly apples and oranges argument, but...

I won't keep ranting. If it's stupid, I won't pick those weapons in multi. I guess it's a simple as that. I've used the GE weapons in PD multi and as mentioned already, they simply slay. You will be cut down to shreds in the blink of an eye. Whether people find that fun I guess we will wait and see.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I guess that is the main difference between GE and PD, though. In GoldenEye, you never get pairs in multiplayer. It isn't designed to let players acquire the second weapon. Perfect Dark, however, does let you. So if the weapon is setup to allow for pairing, Combat Simulator is going to follow suit. Either you can use doubles, or you can't. There's really no way around that, as-is. Only if 4J modifies the code, which I highly doubt they would.

GE MASTER
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Gotcha, you're saying this is more a product of the coding and not a preference on Rare saying lets let doubles happen in multiplayer with the rifles. Have I finally "got it" now?

The Extremist

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

GE MASTER wrote:
Gotcha, you're saying this is more a product of the coding and not a preference on Rare saying lets let doubles happen in multiplayer with the rifles. Have I finally "got it" now?

Yes.

I recall hearing somehere that the reason GE's multiplayer didn't have doubles was because of a programming issue, not a design choice.

And I also heard that the reason that the GE weapons weren't in PD's multiplayer was because they wanted to take it easy with anything GE related for legal reasons. I think that changing the KF7 to it's beta style may be a sign that they're still doing that, so I doubt that any more GE content will be in the port than was in the original.

All in all, those doubles will be completely awesome. Cool

This is my very last post here. My XBL gamertag is TurboChickenGuy. I post frequently on the Xbox.com Perfect Dark forum.

Thank you all greatly for keeping these classic shooters alive.

Wink

EternallyAries

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

You just need to stay The Extremist ones your in the goldeneye or PD online game you can never get out.

GE MASTER
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I keep having things to say! I do insist, having double ar or k7 is a glitch. If they want a glitch in multiplayer, that's fine, but it's not my cup of tea. It's a glitch because you can realistically dual wield a double handled rifle. If Rare wants that in the PD version, fine, but it's really cheesy. Opening a door while dual wielding k7's. Yeah! It's sloppy no their part not to deal with it, if they could actually deal with it that way. It will continue to bug me, but it won't stop me from playing. I just won't be in those games with the glitchy dual wielding 2 handed rifles. I am just so curious to see what else Rare has done to the original. I'm sure they tweaked/changed a bunch of things. They are programmers and they like to make changes.

oldyz

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

i think you are right - for realism sake heavy guns like the AR assult rifle can not be double wielded.

if i remember correctly tho - Jaws can, but his excuse is that he is really strong.

what they should have done maybe is make the arms visible this time around in their correct postures for the goldeneye weapons....

EternallyAries

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I find somthing new guys you can have 2 guns in your hands in muti you just need to get rid of the hands on bond so you cant see them at all thu a Action Block ones you do that put 2 guns that you will pick up 2 at one time and wen you use them you can shut Both of them but you can see them at all

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Perfect Dark All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: