ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

[XBLA] WTF? 2x AR33 and 2x KF7 Soviets in multiplayer?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Perfect Dark
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

oldyz wrote:
i think you are right - for realism sake heavy guns like the AR assult rifle can not be double wielded.

There are some who would say an over-emphasis on realism is part of what is turning the genre into nothing but clones of clones of whatever the most popular FPS of the moment is. PD was very realistic for the time it was released. These weapons are a tribute to GoldenEye and they were ported over almost entirely unchanged for the original game, including the ability to dual wield them. No one seemed to care then. Personally, at the time (and still, a bit), I was disappointed by how few of PD's weapons could be dual wielded.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Not to get too far off topic, but I have to agree about the whole 'realism' thing going on with FPS games. I don't know about you guys, but I like the ability to collect and carry a huge arsenal of weapons in a map. But so many games out nowadays restrict you from having more than two guns at a time. You have to throw down your arms in order to acquire more. Yes, that may be more realistic, but it isn't nearly as much fun. And isn't that what video games are truly all about?

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Exactly. And you can only carry a handful of ammo for each weapon (backpacks, people, backpacks). It's not nearly as fun as how GE or PD (or plenty of other shooters of the era) handled it.

GE MASTER
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Take realism out of the argument. PD weapons where you use 2 hands do not dual wield in multiplayer. Therefore, GE weapons where you use 2 hands should not dual wield in multiplayer. If it's only the K7 Soviet, AR33 and D5K then too bad so sad, that's not the end of the world. For me, it's the balance. Nothing more, nothing less.

oldyz

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

GE MASTER wrote:
Take realism out of the argument. PD weapons where you use 2 hands do not dual wield in multiplayer. Therefore, GE weapons where you use 2 hands should not dual wield in multiplayer. If it's only the K7 Soviet, AR33 and D5K then too bad so sad, that's not the end of the world. For me, it's the balance. Nothing more, nothing less.

OK- I'm with you with the balance thing.
BUT i do want the realistic aspect and i wish that the arms for the classic weapons where made visible.

Here is what we would have made if we had a say at Rareware/4j:

in the weapons menu of the combat simulator-
\you choose either : 1x k7 soviet, OR 2x K7 soviet.
One or the other.

if you choose 2x, you can double wield it.

same goes to all other heavy weapons.

(this is the best way to fix it since you choose exactly which heavy weapons you want to be able to double wield)

OR

under the combat rules, activation red squares enable double wielding for

1- the heavy weapons of PD
2- the heavy weapons of Goldeneye

And last

we would have really liked to see arms and reload animations for the goldeneye weapons....
AND even melee attacks for them as secondary function, taking the idea of goldeneye's sniper rifle.

so that would have been another option to add,
in combat simulator and adventure mode
for default: arms and reload animations for classic weapons- OFF

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 5:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

After seeing this video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FltcMNo6poA&feature=related

I'm with GE Master.

fantsu

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 5:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

At 25 seconds, that AK doesn't even reload?
It just pops out of the screen and then back.

I don't like dual wielded rifles at all, it is ok with me with the uzis and such.

HackBond

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 6:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

fantsu wrote:
At 25 seconds, that AK doesn't even reload?
It just pops out of the screen and then back.

I don't like dual wielded rifles at all, it is ok with me with the uzis and such.

Didnt the original do that? Same with GE? Yes.

[Decoy] Antenna | Control | Silo | Escape

EternallyAries

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yes thay did.

fantsu

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It might be the video quality, but that reload is even faster than on GE.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

And that's only the KF7 Special. Just imagine how ridiculous it'd be playing against someone who has scored duel RC-P45's. That's a hundred and sixty bullets screaming toward you at break-neck speed, with a reload time of about a second or less. All this time, I thought one was bad enough... Confused

Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Just goes to show there was a good reason for them being solo and cheat-exclusive in the final version of PD. Personally, I love the thought of being able to gun someone down with dual RC-P45's. Balance isn't an issue, both players will have access to them. That's balanced enough for me.

GE MASTER
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

No, it's not balanced. You won't have an opportunity to get 2 of them because you will be regerating over and over. One, maybe 2 players will get duals, then it's good night irene.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

You may have access to 2x RC-P90, but that doesn't necessarily mean that you'll ever get the opportunity to get them. Once somebody has it, they're put in a very good position. They can literally just spray ammo everywhere and take out any targets in their path, requiring far less skill to actually score points. If you don't get it first, you're going to be in big trouble. Especially if you're playing with fewer players in the map.

GE MASTER
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

On a side note, imagine this. I can't imagine the 60 FPS withstanding this.

8 players, and a few players having dual rcp90's. Wow, that's a lot of bullets and I wow that would bag most systems down!

I never really considered the frames perspective of these weapons all shooting at the same time. If it can withstand that, wow, that's impressive to me.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Perfect Dark All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: