ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

[XBLA] WTF? 2x AR33 and 2x KF7 Soviets in multiplayer?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Perfect Dark
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NapalmNero
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

GE MASTER wrote:
On a side note, imagine this. I can't imagine the 60 FPS withstanding this.

8 players, and a few players having dual rcp90's. Wow, that's a lot of bullets and I wow that would bag most systems down!

I never really considered the frames perspective of these weapons all shooting at the same time. If it can withstand that, wow, that's impressive to me.

I could think of one way around that(but I highly doubt it's even in the game; but it's a good idea.) Any dual-able weapon can only be picked up off of the dead body.. or.. something like that.

I have this very weird concept for something like that I just can't get it out right. Laughing

oldyz

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

NapalNero wrote:
GE MASTER wrote:
On a side note, imagine this. I can't imagine the 60 FPS withstanding this.

8 players, and a few players having dual rcp90's. Wow, that's a lot of bullets and I wow that would bag most systems down!

I never really considered the frames perspective of these weapons all shooting at the same time. If it can withstand that, wow, that's impressive to me.

I could think of one way around that(but I highly doubt it's even in the game; but it's a good idea.) Any dual-able weapon can only be picked up off of the dead body.. or.. something like that.

I have this very weird concept for something like that I just can't get it out right. Laughing

OK it seems good, one more thing that could be made.

you only dual wield those if
1- you already have it
2- kill an enemy person in combat simulator that also has it

after those 2 you get the "permission" to hold the 2 heavy weapons at the same time

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

That sounds like the stipulations of The Man with the Golden Gun in GoldenEye. Except there, the current owner of the weapon couldn't collect any body armour. The Golden Gun was also a slow shooter. One bullet at a time. Risk vs. Reward. But someone weilding double RC-P90 doesn't have any risk, especially if they're the only person who can have it, at least until death do they part.

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

oldyz

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wreck wrote:
That sounds like the stipulations of The Man with the Golden Gun in GoldenEye. Except there, the current owner of the weapon couldn't collect any body armour. The Golden Gun was also a slow shooter. One bullet at a time. Risk vs. Reward. But someone weilding double RC-P90 doesn't have any risk, especially if they're the only person who can have it, at least until death do they part.

There is only one risk for the those that hold any weapon, and that is the fact that you can take it away from them with the secondary punch.
or a good N-bomb detonation

but it takes a lot of skill for one to do the taking away.

what does help is the way you get damaged in PD, in goldeneye constant bullets paralize you, they even interfere with your own firing of the guns.

in PD you get hit and there is almost no paralizing effects, you can keep on running toward your enemy and so the chances of you sacrificing health to take away the enemy gun are better

Body armors.....
i'm going to get away from the dual guns object of this thread and ask.

Wreck, Subdrag, anyone
i forget to ask since i first came here,

2 of the things we thought where 'inferior' in PD from Goldeneye where

1- the really bothering targeting noise (ring-ring) for the head-shots in the adventure mode

2- the fact that the combat shield can not be destroyed like the body armor in goldeneye does- when in combat simulator.

to make things worse - and it seems like the rareware developers where playing weird games - the targeting noise is not present (thank gods) in the combat simulator, but the combat shield can be partially damaged or destroyed in the adventure mode.

I don't know if the 4j studios listened to Ollo about this things in the xbox forums, but he did tell me to ask of this & i forget it.

i think those two fixes should be included in all the Xdelta patches....
the removal of the targeting noise
and make the combat shields vulnerable like the GE body armour

SoulStorm
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

lol, i know im a bit late but. even in the original on multi you could dual wield the classics, thus making it still true to the original.

EternallyAries

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Welcome to thw Forms SoulStorm.

How the heck did you get the P90 and and 2 gun in PD?

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yes, but some might argue that the Classic GE weapons aren't available in PD's Combat Simulator without using some sort of modifying code or patch. Now that they are readily available in the 360 update, more people will take notice of the dual wielding capabilities. Some may like it, others... not so much. But so long as you can use doubles in the mission (or campaign, I suppose) mode, you'll get them in CS. That's just the way it works. They could change that, but I highly doubt they'd bother.

And welcome to the boards, by the way. Smile

fantsu

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

yeah, welcome.

SoulStorm
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

EternallyAries wrote:
Welcome to thw Forms SoulStorm.

How the heck did you get the P90 and and 2 gun in PD?

Hello everyone.

And all i did was download the Goldeneye Weps in Multi Patch.
Id say it's pretty fun to mess around with but theres alot of flaws with it.
"NPC's cants pick up goldeneye Weapons, And getting slapped by them is a real pain in the butt" i'm just happy that the XBLA version will have them in. that and the Goldeneye Maps are the only reason im getting the game.

EternallyAries

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I did not no that thay are puting the Goldeneye Maps in PD?

oldyz

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It is a very good possibility now.

they keep on saying they are watching the sales of the port and they might add some new weapons and other things as DLC.

Ollo repeated such things for 5 months, -in special asking for them to use single player maps as combat sim arenas like in goldeneye and goldeneye maps- hoping they would listen and release such stuff from the start.

the bad thing is this "extra things as DLC" can have potential to be a "carrot on a stick" thing for players

Also i want to add this design for the soviets:

to me seems more realistic than what the xbla perfect dark uses,
the xbla versions looks like plastic guns,
please someone post another pic so you can see comparison.

SoulStorm
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ask and you shall receive my good sir Razz

oldyz

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

mm it seems theyare not too different after all.

the "charol" black shininess of the old guns is still better looking.
the new guns look very weird in sill photos, unless they are metal like and a bit reflective they look inferior...

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Pretty much all of the Classic GE weapons in PD 360 look awful. I don't know what the heck they did to them. They looked better back in 1997 on the N64. Confused

radorn

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

radorn says: leave photorealism for the real world.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Perfect Dark All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: