ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

All Bonds dinner jackets... (and favourite multi character)
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Perfect Dark
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kode-Z
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:21 am    Post subject: All Bonds dinner jackets... (and favourite multi character) Reply with quote Back to top

I sure hope that they include them in the XBLA remake! At least we can see what Brosnan's tuxedo would have looked like in GE XBLA!

Regarding my favourite multi character, I would have to say it was the white tuxedo, primarily because it was Conney's beta tux from the GE manual. It wasn't good camouflage wise, but at least I died in style! Wink

I used Foster's head most of the time - either that or Trent Easton's!

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I would imagine that the four tuxedo's would make it in, since they aren't strictly tied to GoldenEye. Well, internally, yes. They still used the same internal names for each of the dinner jackets in PD ("Cdjbond", "CconneryZ", "CmooreZ", and "CdaltonZ"). Still, the suits are too generic for them to be discarded for legal reasons. Tuxedo's are tuxedo's. I don't think they'll be missing from the XBLA version.

Hehe, strange coincidence, I also liked playing as a character in all white. Mr. Blonde body with a Maian Soldier head. Not sure why, I just thought the two went together really nicely. The bright colour and big head might've made for an easier target, though.

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

linkk98
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I can't imagine why they wouldn't. It'll probably be in the xbla remake though...

00Dark

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

They need to put in the all bonds faces and tuxedo bodies as selectable combat simulator characters. I mean the four bond actors from the beta file folders in GoldenEye. If we could play as Connery, Dalton, Moore, and Brosnan in PD XBLA then they would have done something extra to go along with the return of the Classic GoldenEye weaponry in multiplayer. They also need to put the hoax combat simulator level Ark Hives from the Destar website's Perfect Dark section into the game.

I'm also aware of three other hoaxes that were supposedly solo missions. They were called Star Battle, Star Battle II, and Star Battle III I think. They somehow had fake level select pictures in the hoax images just like the GoldenEye Citadel mission fake level picture with fake objectives. Remember when SubDrag first implemented image tools into the GE setup editor? That was when he made an IPS format patch file for Silo's folder image to be replaced with the Citadel level image from Destar. It's still in the index of hackers from Shooters Forever. Is the PD Destar.com section still in the web archive? Damn, that should be a project for PD hacking with the beta setup editor.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Rare couldn't even get the rights to include Connery, Dalton and Moore in an actual James Bond game, fully-licensed by their many copyright holders. As cool as it'd be, they'll never appear in a game that has no legal ties to the Bond Universe. Not even Pierce Brosnan.

I could see them working another GoldenEye map into it, though. If they change it up a little and give it new textures, they'd probably be able to get away with it. I'd almost expect to see something like the Library receive a facelift and find it's way into a patch, if they decide to release them later on down the road.

NapalmNero
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

00Dark wrote:
They also need to put the hoax combat simulator level Ark Hives from the Destar website's Perfect Dark section into the game.

I'm also aware of three other hoaxes that were supposedly solo missions. They were called Star Battle, Star Battle II, and Star Battle III I think. They somehow had fake level select pictures in the hoax images just like the GoldenEye Citadel mission fake level picture with fake objectives.

You mean these little gems?

Update on Ark Hives
I found the page about it; but the picture fails to load 3:

here is what Det said though
DetStar wrote:
A while back, a few losers came up with a bogus rumor, which they called the "Ark-Hives" level in Perfect Dark, that was of course Goldeneye's Archives. Completely made up of course, and most people (including myself) didn't believe a word of it. But apparently inspired by the rumor, someone created this screenshot, and someone submitted it to this site.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I remember the "screenshot" of the Ark-Hives. It was in the central room in the backzone, where the library windows are just to the right. They tinted the green walls a burgundy type colour, and added an overall blue shade to everything. Actually looked kind of nice, but was clearly a fake.

00Dark

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I want those level select images for Star battle parts 1, 2, and 3! Any chance somebody with excellent image editing skills can somehow get those from the screenshot and restore a lot of pixels to fix the image? I know that it's possible to do that. Graphics on a computer are simply pixels that can be arranged to create an image. Pixels can also be added and arranged in a similar manner to get the image larger, but still the same. I want those level select pictures for Star Battle. Please! Crying or Very sad

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 6:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I must admit, I "wanted to believe" on Ark Hives, that one was clever, but never heard of Star Battle.

fantsu

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I was so disappointed when I realised that Ark Hives wasn't true.
archives is still the best multi level in GE and PD.

EternallyAries

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

i love archives as a one player level but to me i did not like it as a 2 Player level it wus just way to small for me.

salathiel
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 4:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Archives wasn't great multi in GE, however, when using the GameShark, you could walk through doors, which made all the levels a bit larger. I definitely had a lot of fun with that cheat, but my favorite GE multi levels were probably the Facility, (of course, everyone loves that one), and the Bunker. Yay floating mines!

EternallyAries

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

i think Complex the best level ever in Goldeneye 007 and PD

Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I actually hated Complex back in the day when I played GE with my friends. It wasn't until the version featured in PD that I had time to really learn the layout. I consider it one of my favorite maps now, right up there with Facility.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I still really dislike complex, temple, and stacks.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Perfect Dark All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: