ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

We can Record your own GE demos now!!!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Goldfinger 64
View previous topic :: View next topic  
EternallyAries

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 7:13 am    Post subject: We can Record your own GE demos now!!! Reply with quote Back to top

Ok with Zoinkity Help he Find out That we can Record are own Goldeneye Demo now guys. so now with this we can add a demo for Goldfinger 64. Very Happy

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ah I did mean to post this.
http://www.goldeneyevault.com/viewfile.php?id=200

It really is incredible!

Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Oh wow, cool. Yeah, we'll definitely make use of this.

radorn

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

great stuff, yeah
we could also do some MP demos, which the original never had.

Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, multi demos would be pretty cool.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

This is incredibly important for a full-out mod of the game. Once all of the maps are replaced, those demos will be broken. We'll need to record brand new ones based in Goldfinger (or other) stages. Very good stuff, indeed.

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

EternallyAries

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Your Rite Wreck ones all the level ben Replase it will mess up the Demo.

zoinkity

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

For the record, I sorta-kinda hacked the PI request handler to detect rdram addresses as targets and push those into memcpy() instead of the PI routines.

In other words, the feature really does need to be tested. A lot. In other words, don't fry a final copy ROM with the record patch, but the MP replay patch is safe.

Finally found the time limit, and unless I'm really wrong about this, you should be able to record up to 1-2 hours in a single demo. The filesize would probably quadruple ROM size, but that is the theoretical limit. Still, nothing stopping you from, say, recording a 5 minute MP matchup ;*)

+_+

Did anyone want customized MP pickups? I think we can make a cheat trigger pickup by hijacking the "double weapon" setup usually used. Go invisible, max ammo, inf. ammo, DK, etc. in one little pill.

radorn

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'd like to request an addition to this.

Would it be possible to to dump replay data to memory card instead of retrieval through AR/GS? I have one but it's "broken".
I can dump full controller pak images to PC through the adaptoid's sdk utils. this gives 32kbytes.

Alternatively, my AR does start, but crashes when trying to load the menu. If I press reset with good timing, I can get it to load the cart on top (even works with N64 MYTH cart) as if I was loading the game from within the AR menu with no codes and no code generator on.
Perhaps, if you can somehow stitch the AR's code generator to the patch too, I, and others with similarly dead GS's could still record from console.

zoinkity

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Heck, a GS can pull a mempak file as well.The trouble with this is twofold though.

A) I haven't the slightest idea how to program a proper mempak save/load feature. Could probably borrow code from R:CD, but really don't know how to manage their filesystem. Would be nice to have some saved settings anyway...

B) Filesize. Ramrom records are evil large. This isn't an issue if you only have 1-2 controllers plugged in and keep it short, but say you have 4 and record a few minutes, that's pretty much the mempak right there.

Only workaround I can think of is to set an optional max filesize and finalize when overrun likely. Still, if you max out the entire mempak you're still looking at very short replays. Standard size for release ones was about 0x4000.

Aegh...

+_+

Oh, but the GS half isn't so bad. I'm almost done with a GS decompression routine, so will be able to view and maybe hack up the trainer a bit. Really all we need is port access; with port access could simply upload the trainer itself. Accessing the trainer is as simple as setting a watch address in COP0 and handling the "error", which can be done with codes. If you ever want to be a jerk and fry GS support, kill watchLo and watchHi.

radorn

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

When I mentioned dumping the mempak I meant dumping it raw, not files in the mempak's standard filesystem, just a raw binary copy of the full controller pak. 32kbytes of raw data. If the data exceeeds that it could be copied in more than one go.
The adaptoid drivers have integrated mempak filesystem support via windows explorer, but there's also the SDK tools which provide a program that can dump raw mempak images, and that's the one I was takking about.

Look at your PMs

zoinkity

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

A 32kb (kilobit, those jerks...) controller pak actually stores 0x4000 bytes, which is the inherent problem. Assuming I ever figure out how to calculate the checksum to simply send data to the controller, we'd need to rig a method to break it into proper clumps that can account for bad transfers. Lot of specialized code, so it would definately be standalone and for space would rely partially on NSNA's code source.

Right now I'm looking at other games, trying to reverse engineer the CRC formula to send to controllers, and all the verifications. GE already has the SI read and status code, but no write. Write commands are easy, assuming they are properly formatted.

Incidentally, since you must be using a backup device to do this on console since I didn't release the code equivalent (yet), which one is it? Some wouldn't need the fix and others can upload differently.

+_+

Adaptoids don't encrypt their saves, do they? One of those things did, and can't remember which...

radorn

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

controller paks are not 32kbit, but 256kbit, so my 32kbyte (0x8000 bytes) figure was right. I searched for it on the net and also did a new dump with the adaptoid SDK tools to confirm, so I'm quite confident these 32 are kbytes and not kbits xD. Bigger cards from third parties were paged, so it's the same as using a single controller pak and transfer the data to PC in multiple parts.

Did some sample dumps, notes.txt inside.
http://www.filedropper.com/pakdumps
http://www.filedropper.com/clipboard01_23

EDIT: Forgot to say, I have a N64 MYTH, the new one from NeoFlash (I was selected as tester and was given one for free). It has an USB port, but doesn't seem like it can be used as a real-time debug port, or at least such capability, if it even exists, is not supported by the proper software.
I, personally, don't think it can from the way the burner program works and the fact that the cart uses a GBA flashcart as it's media. Neoflash has it's own series of GBA linkers called "neo slimloader", and the N64 MYTH cart is recognized as a "slimloader IV" by windows, which suggests that the linker hard is integrated in the cart's board so it can flash the GBA cart without having to swap it from the cart to an external "slimloader".
Doesn't seem to me like something that will ever support communications with an N64 in realtime. I hope I'm wrong, though...

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I added support in beta of editor to add larger or smaller demos. Now it just shifts ROM. I will play with it this weekend and see how long it can record and do some fun stuff. Enjoy!

For record GE team seems to have expended huge amounts of effort for a simple feature, but oh is it cool

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Sounds great, Sub. I'm sure the Editor's new support of it will be very helpful, especially since it shifts the contents of the ROM.

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Goldfinger 64 All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: