ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Wii64 1.1 is out guys

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Online And Emulation
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Do you like this Wii64 update or not
I love this update
75%
 75%  [ 3 ]
I like it but not that much
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
I do not like it at all
25%
 25%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 4

EternallyAries

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:37 pm    Post subject: Wii64 1.1 is out guys Reply with quote Back to top

hi guys thay just Relest Wii64 1.1 you can now play lots of games now like Goldeneye 007 And PD how can it get better then that. now here come the bad part most of the games lag but not as bad like it wus befor and you cant add your own Level yet that you made for Goldeneye 007 and PD. Oh and Valt and tell me if you like this update

radorn

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

thanks on your fast reporting.
I wonder if my GC will be enough for a reasonable performance.

EternallyAries

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

You can use Wii64 on Gamecube?

radorn

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yes, there's a gamecube compile, called cube64.
This emulator (a port of the open source mupen64 emulator) started as a GC project, but since the Wii is actually an extension of GC's architecture (dolphin, or gecko in the homebrew scene) it soon got ported to Wii too when dev tools for it were available, and because of the more powerful Wii hardware (faster CPU, additional memory...), it soon became the main part of the project, with the GC version kept as a lesser port.

Look at the project name for proof http://code.google.com/p/mupen64gc/
mupen64 GC...

Happens the same with most other emulators available on the Wii. Most started their life at the now defunct site TehSkeen as GC ports of available open source emulators from the PC. NES, SNES, MegaDrive/Genesis, Master System... N64 and PSX were added to the collection later in the life of the GC, when the Wii release was close, and as soon as dev tools for it became available for the public (the same tools available for the GC with additions and modifications for the Wii) all these projects became GC/Wii combos.

Now that I notice, this probably should be in one of the emulation forums, or, at the most, in the general gaming forum, not in the goldeneye forum.

EternallyAries

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wow that must ben a lot of work for thus guys to port the enmulators to wii.
Quote:
Now that I notice, this probably should be in one of the emulation forums, or, at the most, in the general gaming forum, not in the goldeneye forum.

Your Writ i wonder if Wreck wont mind to move this topic to the enmulators Thed

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thread moved by request.

Thanks for the update, Aries. Are there any videos of GoldenEye or Perfect Dark being played on the Wii? I wouldn't mind seeing how they perform, even if not all that well, yet.

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

EternallyAries

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I just check for you and no thr is no vid yet but maybe soon but if you want to play goldeneye on your wii you can put homebrew on your wii if you want with a sd Card and go download wii64 and put the goldeneye rom it and your set. Smile

radorn

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

there's indeed wii64 video from GE and PD http://emulatemii.com/

additionally I tested on GC. GE runs really slow and with horrible sound (PAL is a bit better since it only asks for 50fps instead of 60), and PD just won't start, probably because of lack of available memory, it just bounces me back to the emulator menu, and if I try to resume many times it ends up crashing the gamecube.

I guess other less demanding games will run better on the GC and I assume the Wii is better with it's faster CPU and bigger RAM.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ah, cool. Thanks for the link, Radorn. Smile

Other than the two running a little slowly, they do look pretty good. Strange that the blood effects in GoldenEye are leaving white spots instead of red. I almost want to come up with a dirty joke, but this is a family-friendly forum. Razz

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

EternallyAries

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

i no what the joke is Wreck lol im not going to say it cuss it wud be gross lol Laughing But Goldeneye is as slow as the gamecube one thu.

Jedi QuestMaster
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'm sorry, but was there not an N64 emulator for the Wii yet?

If so, then yes - I love this update. Very Happy

EternallyAries

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Well no the wii64 Guys made one for the Gamecube and i think it wus call cube64 on it and well its the same as Wii64 thy port it to the wii wen Homebrew came out for wii. it use to be call Wii64 Beta And then thay came out with Wii64 Beta 1.0 and then Wii64 Beta 1.1. well i hope i help you.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Online And Emulation All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: