ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

[XBLA] Whelp, it's out...
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Perfect Dark
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 5:32 pm    Post subject: [XBLA] Whelp, it's out... Reply with quote Back to top

The controls took a LOT of getting used to, they've changed some, despite calling it classic (I find this annoying), like the damned quick menu is so hard to use now, and open and reload aren't the same...and I keep accidentally crouching cause of the damned xbox controller. I seem to have a lot of trouble aiming using L as well, I just keep wobbling. Also the smoothness is just...too smooth. I have trouble with it.

Anyways, the graphics are pretty good, the KF7 is the WORST thing I've ever seen in terms of graphics. Multi is kinda fun, but it feels a little off. It used to be about hanging out, trying different stuff, it's sort of just an xbox game now. It's fun, but not as much.

Solo is still pretty bad, I forget how tedious it is until I play it again. The engine is great, but the level design...aegh....Levels like Area 51 Rescue...shudders.

All in all it can't hurt releasing it, but I think the N64 is superior in many ways. I hope it brings more people to shootersforever for PD N64 hacking...

Also, the game WILL NOT save my damned secondary preferences. PD for N64 did. Somehow it always resets to primary every time you die or switch levels.

Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 5:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Whelp, it's out... Reply with quote Back to top

SubDrag wrote:
Also the smoothness is just...too smooth. I have trouble with it.

Makes you almost feel motion sick, right? I have this problem with some PC games, notably the Doom ports that have uncapped framerates.

Did the mode to use the original graphics (blurred to death) make the cut? It seems like it was quietly dropped, I haven't heard anything about it.

I'll let my friend who used to play PD with me all the time know it's out. He has a 360, but I don't think he uses XBLA.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I didn't notice it, but it might be there. Yeah, I feel queasy after playing for an hour thirty. I'm ready to go back to N64. All the characters look wrong, even regular guards. Not to mention DD guards look poor.

Bummer.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

One other weird thing. In extraction, on agent, I got Cass's room's key, went down there, and somehow the rocket ammo or whatever was there was missing. Was quite confused. Maybe doesn't show up in agent?

Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I think they move them up to the roof on Agent (there are definitely ammo boxes up there), but I'm not sure. I've never checked the object data/action blocks for that. What doesn't make sense is you don't even have to take the helicopter out on Agent, so there's no point in having them up there.

fantsu

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Tell us more! I want to hear every new thing in the game, every difference!

Btw. You play on "agent"? Shame on you!
Twisted Evil

00Dark

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I just downloaded my Perfect Dark XBLA game tonight and when I played I thought it was bad ass. The guards definitely don't look the same and Jonathan Dark is also way older looking than his voice sounds. I thought Jonathan was supposed to be in his mid-20's or something because Joanna is 23 years of age. I just think that he was supposed to have been young like in the N64 PD. I looked at the dataDyne Shocktrooper helmets and saw how they were different, but it didn't really disgust me like some of you. I was definitely disappointed when I first saw Trent's Magnum. It looks terrible and not even golden. Actually it seems like an orange rip off of a golden firearm just like 007: Agent Under Fire's gold PPK. It still does one shot kills, but I was hugely pissed off at the appearance because the DY357-LX is my favorite gun in the N64 Perfect Dark and they impulsively f*cked up the whole thing. I also think Trent looks way better on N64 PD then he does on this.

Now I was totally amazed that you can actually do matchmaking in the Combat Simulator. You can still invite friends only to play and try different things. It doesn't have to be what SubDrag said, "An Xbox game." The crappy thing with Combat Simulator ammo crates is that they can't be shot and moved off their original pad coordinates. They are just perfectly still no matter what. That was one of the funnest things to do on the N64 because you could still pick them up, even though they'd be partially in the wall, because they wouldn't go off the clipping out of the arena. It made PD multiplayer arenas a sandbox for fun! Crying or Very sad They also left out the option for One-Hit-Kills in the Advanced options menu in the Combat Simulator. I mean right below where you select a scenario. Also, every Combat Simulator arena was automatically unlocked fresh from the start. You still have to beat all 30 challenges to get every simulant type and unlock all multiplayer settings though.

I played the solo missions and beat the game on Special Agent tonight in just a couple of hours. I've all ready unlocked nearly all of the cheats. Only the time trial cheats that must be done on Perfect Agent difficulty and the firing range cheats are left. I mean I just sped through all of that so far! I think it's unusually easy compared to N64 or it might just be a total fluke of luck because I just started it.

Some more things to say about the solo missions, hmm... They're a lot of fun. I'm the type who doesn't mind a few new looks. I just played and it felt like N64 Perfect Dark. The only thing I noticed was that my console is an Xbox 360 when I suddenly looked down away from my controller. The K7 Avenger looks bad, it's all dull as hell without black, polished shininess like the N64 one. The AR34 isn't a redish FAMAS rifle anymore, but rather a gray and black one. The Phoenix is also kind of cool looking. The Laptop gun looks like crap as well as the Sniper Rifle.

My conclusion is that just like there were pros and cons with GoldenEye and Perfect Dark on the N64, there are also pros and cons between Perfect Dark XBLA and the original Perfect Dark. Some things are better in one game and worse in the other, and vice-versa. I think the dataDyne Shotgun looks way better in PD XBLA than it does in N64 PD. But yeah, the CC13, RC-P90, Klobb, KF7 Soviet, etc. and some guns do look like crap. The doors with glass windows in Pelagic 2 also suck. In Deep Sea it seemed like Elvis was too damn slow although it might've just been me... When I notice more I'll tell you guys and post.

There are a few noticeable errors, but not enough for me to quit playing. Surprised

goldengreg007
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 8:17 am    Post subject: Re: Whelp, it's out... Reply with quote Back to top

SubDrag wrote:
...and I keep accidentally crouching cause of the damned xbox controller.

Ugh, that happened to me so much. Particularly annoying if you're trying to get through the level quickly and are suddenly moving slower until you adjust.

Kode-Z
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

What's more anoying for me is that they changed some of the notes in the music for most of the tracks!

Also in combat simulator, you can no longer put a Maian head on a human body and vice versa. A true port, hey!

Apart from that, not a bad port!

OhJaY
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, I noticed the music change and it is somewhat annoying. Also, I wish they had some kind of lobby for the online multiplayer, but, regardless, it is pretty easy to jump into a game.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The music in rescue they changed and it drove me slowly, mad. Does anyone else's secondary gun preference not save death to death?

Kode-Z
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

There are a few minor texture glitches -such as the microwave in the villa level. (Not placed properly.)

oldyz

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 7:07 am    Post subject: Re: Whelp, it's out... Reply with quote Back to top

goldengreg007 wrote:
SubDrag wrote:
...and I keep accidentally crouching cause of the damned xbox controller.

Ugh, that happened to me so much. Particularly annoying if you're trying to get through the level quickly and are suddenly moving slower until you adjust.

thum click buttons should not be used for double crouches

(almost nothing should go there)

Kode-Z
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 3:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Kode-Z wrote:
Also in combat simulator, you can no longer put a Maian head on a human body and vice versa. A true port, hey!

Forget I said this - all you do is select the head that you want, then whilst holding RB, choose your body and hey presto - there you have it!

bishbashross
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

New here hi! Smile

I've been looking for the health adjustment options, so we can play minus 10 health in multi player but can't find them. Have they taken the option out or do you have to unlock it or something? Also have to agree that there needs to be an option to turn off dual rifles.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Perfect Dark All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: