ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Recording online multiplayer

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Online And Emulation
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 10:59 am    Post subject: Recording online multiplayer Reply with quote Back to top

I searched the forums and read a few things about it, but could someone give me a step-by-step guide to recording an online multiplayer game? I've tried it in the past, and it never worked for me. I can record offline fine, so I'm not sure what the problem is, I'm guessing there's something else I need to do.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Whenever I use mupen's record, I desync almost immediately, and my PC's pretty good.

So now I just use hypercam, select region for Mupen, have my sound out also go into my mic slot on motherboard, and record using that.

oxidice
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I've tried mupens own recording and .avi converter but never got it working either, but by far the best way is just to live capture games with some recording program like Fraps or something, but it require somewhat decent CPU.

If games start to lag with live recording, another option is to use Kaillera/P2P clients built in recorder which saves games as .krec files and then you can use playback mode to play them offline and it wont be as heavy on CPU usage when you capture them.

I play myself pretty much only using P2P client so I dont know too much about playbacking Kaillera recordings. But heres website for P2P client and its recording plugin (kailleraclient.dll and okai_recorder.7z) http://kaillera.movsq.net/#

Then when you host game just click on "record game" button and it will save that sessions as .krec file. When you want to playback and capture game change mode from "P2P" to "Player" in clients main menu and there you see all your recordings and they can be playbacked just by clicking them and they wont desynch like Kaillera recordings

Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Does this work with Mupen64++? I just tried it out, but when I went to start the game nothing happened. The Mupen window took focus, but the game never actually started. I haven't tried playing online in a long time now, but I never had any trouble in the past.

Edit: Nevermind, ini mismatch issue. Working fine now. A bit laggy though, wasn't expecting that.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Online And Emulation All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: