ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

GoldenEye played on LAN. My story so far...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Online And Emulation
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GE MASTER
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 8:49 pm    Post subject: GoldenEye played on LAN. My story so far... Reply with quote Back to top

Okay here's the scoop.

First time I've ever tried playing GoldenEye via emulation and LAN. Why would we do this? Well the graphics speak for themselves, and cheat codes are another reason. Simple enough to block off screen so you can enjoy single screen GoldenEye.

I set up a Kaillera server on one PC. Loaded 1964 emulator, logged into the ip address after setting up the server properly. Essential trial and error was the method used! Disappointing start for sure. Major desynch for the first few tries. Hmm. More trial and error...and SUCCESS. No desych and we played to entire games without a glitch. I feel that I've gotten the desynch issue cleared up on this LAN.

Unfortunately, cheats I haven't tested out fully. We didn't have the time. I will need to write this up properly for you guys. One PC has a Radeon 9500pro and the other is a gforce4 mx460. My PC's aren't state of the art but the fact is, GoldenEye looks incredible on them!

More on this upcoming...

kcghost
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Not sure youre gonna have much luck with the cheats, GE Master. Me and Wreck already tried them, and although there may be a better interpretation on LAN, I dont think the coding is there, it is still buggy. First of all, you have to separate into 8 codes each, then put on activsators for every code, including broken down serials. After all that, when me and Wreck tried to play Facility BZ, I was playing BZ and he was playing FZ, automatic de-synch. The codes sent in the text window fine, but were not interpreted. Considering you can only send 8-code codes, I think 1964's Kaillera client had tried to do this, but It was buggy and never finished. There is still a slight chance it may work on LAN, maybe the codes were never interpreted by Wrecks emulator because of de-synch, but I'm not sure. Good Luck with it. Smile If you need Facility BZ Activatorized and 8-codeized it is in these forums somewhere from a while back.

However, what might be much more successful is ROM patches, I would try Citadel. Shocked

GE MASTER
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks KC for the info about cheats. Well, from what I can tell from many tests over the past two days, cheats via LAN are not working. I'm disappointed since cheats are the main reason for doing the emu LAN in the first place. Oh well! All is not lost because PJ64 1.7 will have online play. I can only hope that they improve the cheat entering process! I haven't completely given up hope on cheats via LAN but for now I'm not testing for a while until I hear something else on it working.

technoPP7
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

GE MASTER

connect to the online thing I will connect too.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

He's a pretty busy guy, with work and a family. I doubt he'd be available to play online right now. Heck, I can't even remember the last time we contacted eachother via e-mail. It's totally understandable, though. Real life comes first, video games comes second... or third, or maybe even fourth. Well, what I mean is that there are plenty of things that get in the way of a man and his toys. Razz

technoPP7
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wreck wrote:
He's a pretty busy guy, with work and a family. I doubt he'd be available to play online right now. Heck, I can't even remember the last time we contacted eachother via e-mail. It's totally understandable, though. Real life comes first, video games comes second... or third, or maybe even fourth. Well, what I mean is that there are plenty of things that get in the way of a man and his toys. Razz

So.....uh........you up to it...defrost blew me off when he moved back to New York.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

My personal experiences playing GoldenEye online have been less that satisfactory. Kaillera was a pretty big disappointment to KC and myself. Our games fell apart during the first minute of gameplay. The cheats wouldn't work on both emulators, causing us to play in different zones of the Facility. My computer doesn't handle the game very well. It's crashed my PC on more than one occasion. If the new version of Project64 has a good Internet gaming feature, perhaps we'll meet on the battlefield. Razz

technoPP7
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Aight..Um..I found Blue Monkie..he, crap, I have to get back to it,f**king bastard... Mad

He Killed Me!! ON PAUSE!!

I am serisouly blowing him away with that magnum

Maxout

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Having fun here, gentlemen?

http://www.youtube.com/Greatermaxim

technoPP7
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

yes yes we are

Blue Monkie
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I kicked your ass last night man...woooo....A sniper file to the gut!

"Orginal Quote from DEFROST"

technoPP7
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

You are so lucky defrsot took taht magnum...Well I am glad you are hear, you get the meber info yet..

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Online And Emulation All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: