ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

BARON SAMEDI & Poison/dizzy weapons in Bond universe
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye X
View previous topic :: View next topic  
oldyz

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 12:11 am    Post subject: BARON SAMEDI & Poison/dizzy weapons in Bond universe Reply with quote Back to top

First i don't want you the makers of the patches mad -

then there is the issue that maybe all of Perfect Dark's
Poison weapons and things that make you dizzy might be
Re-used in favor of original weapons or maybe some extra gadgets.

But the first thing that pops to mind about the use of poisons
in the Bond fictions is
Baron Samedi

And just like Oddjob an exclusive weapon can be added for him:
A blowpipe
that shoots poisoned darts (the tranquilizer gun)

maybe the flute he carries around

that serves in fictions as a communicator.

Other things that work as poison or drugs in the fiction:

From Moonraker - of which a "scene" is included in the Goldneye game:
Wrist dart gun - (Joanna's crosbow thing or the wrist mounted laser with some texture modifications?)
Can fire both cyanide-coated and armor-piercing darts. He uses these to save himself from a centrifuge and kill Sir Hugo Drax.

Poison Pen
One of CIA agent Holly Goodhead's toys. Bond uses this particular gadget to dispose of Drax's pet python.

And finally the good old punch to the face-

all of this will require the dizzy effect and the way it worked in PD was fine
enough-
maybe some tweaking can be nescesary for the people that found it annoying.
BUt to us down here the dyzziness was something very fun for Multiplayer

Trevor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Im glad you seperated this out onto its own, prahaps someone could move the related posts here.

This is going to be dificult...

First I like your ideas However... GoldenEye never had such weapons and I see that only GE weapons, bar a few PD gadgets etc, are to be used in this instance of the project.

This realy leaves the punch to make you dizzy - Oh or the Tazor, as this weapon electrocutes you this would make you dizzy...

How about we set some suggestion rules?
Something like:
Direct port from GE to PD, nothing new this time.
Only extras/features from PD; lights, weather, dizzyness, secondry functions etc.
Slight modifications of levels to take advantage of such features; weather outside (surface), lights inside, nightvision on dark levels.
Speach to utilise speach feature of PD.
All other mods/addons to come later.

How does this sound?

If menus options can be done all the better as this would better customise player experiance.

Trev

oldyz

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

all the new features could be used for when the time comes
of actually doing the single player levels.

maybe a 5th difficulty can be added, and that difficulty features the PD enhancementes in weapons , new gadgets, new level surprises, etc

I do hope for a virtual reality/combat sim option to control the dizziness feature for the combat rules.

I understand that some want to see it very faithful to the original Goldeneye, but then what would be the point of porting the game to PD if things are going to be left out.

out of all the PD enhancements this is our favorite to us 6-
the dizziness is the great equalizer,
you can have a really powerful weapon like the assault rifles or RCP, but even an unarmed player poses a big threat.

Goldeneye's 64 matches where really cheap because they lacked this,and you could just get in really close to your victims to shoot them close with no fear at all.
i think the people or rareware saw this and because of this the dizzy and secondary take away weapon thing where added.

We only go back to multiplayer goldeneye for the maps and nothing more, but once those maps are in GE X .....

the truth is the only thing missing from PD are the single player levels and all the Goldeneye levels (segmented and complete like the stack)& weapons.

As a request , if anything else is de-activated or taken out -
and no menus can be made for them
please just post some instructions so we can re-enable them and make a custom patch.

EternallyAries

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

You got to remember guys. there is so much memory that you can use on a rom.

And i like that the dizzyness is gone.

And you need to understand that we can only add so much level to in the game.

And Wreck is trying to make this game close to Goldeneye as much as possible.

Trevor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

EA, PD is twice the size of GE.

PD already has dizzy, its not a 'new' feture.

"And Wreck is trying to make this game close to Goldeneye as much as possible"

Its a ballence otherwise theres no point. I admit I took it too far asking for a Hi-Velocity sniper round a while back. Things like this are for later after this project is complete. Embarassed
I dont however apologise about lights, these are needed to show off the PD enhancement. Smile

The dificulty with menus will be coding them to work and display otherwise its text.

I dont think a 5th dificulty is nessesary just Player Options like the Hi-Res or Paintball...

Tell you what. Im quite happy to wait till a seccond version if the majority want to dissable the dizzieness, how does this sute?

Trev

EternallyAries

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

You did not understand my post Trevor.

Yes PD rom size is very big but you still need to understand that you can add level but you need room for them to. Like slots there can only be so much in one game unless you edit the codes deep inside the rom you can then maybe add more slots for levels.

And i did know that there is dizzyness is already in PD. I was just saying im glad its gone in Goldeneye X and i hope it never returns lol.

And yes i agree with you on the lights but that would take a lot of work to get that done. Like editing the BG and getting rid of the Goldeneye fake lights and adding the PD lights in the room is not easy task at all and it could take some time to get it done to.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Interactive Lighting: Definitely something I want to utilize. Being able to shoot the lights out of the Bunker and darken the rooms would be far more realistic, and add to the fun of a mission. Even adding light switches that you can control might be interesting, such as in the Surface cabins (or just allow players to switch a desk lamp on or off). It was a great feature added to PD, and will be excellent in GE:X.

Weather / Time Elements: Another fantastic touch to Perfect Dark. Having the sun or moon up in the sky, while either rain or snow falls from above, adds so much to a level. These will spice up the missions a lot.

Background Modification: Probably the most touchy subject. I do have some concepts for small changes, but nothing that'll leave a big impact. The biggest and boldest modification I have in mind has to do with Runway. But it may be so big, that it'd change the way the mission plays out. Not that it's a bad thing, with Runway being so straight-forward and simple to complete.

Dizzy / Blur: Honestly, I disliked this feature so much. They had a wonderful idea, but went overkill on it. If we could make it much more subtle, reset it upon death, and remove it quicker, than it may possibly be put back in. But, for the time being, it will remain deactivated. It'd only really affect melee weapons, such as the fist or pistol whip, as well as the Taser (which I liked the suggestion of). Having a menu option to enable / disable it doesn't sound easy, so don't expect to be seeing it.

Wanting to keep GE:X faithful to GoldenEye: Obviously, yes. But there are so many opportunities to enhance the original, that I can't pass them up. This could be a near replica, but there is no point in that. If you want to play GoldenEye, you'd be playing GoldenEye. This is GoldenEye: X. This is something different, but not different enough to make it look or feel unrecognizable (such as Wii GoldenEye, or some other mods you'll find online).

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

oldyz

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wreck wrote:
Dizzy / Blur: Honestly, I disliked this feature so much. They had a wonderful idea, but went overkill on it. If we could make it much more subtle, reset it upon death, and remove it quicker, than it may possibly be put back in. But, for the time being, it will remain deactivated. It'd only really affect melee weapons, such as the fist or pistol whip, as well as the Taser (which I liked the suggestion of). Having a menu option to enable / disable it doesn't sound easy, so don't expect to be seeing it.

we 6 down here are fine with it the way it is-

Was it too hard to de-activate?

I know the majority does not like it the way it is -

But for those who want it Please post instructions to enable it again Or
Make alternate patch versions with the dizziness enabled.

that would be much easier than making a menu for it.

For us six its mainly a multiplayer thing that we enjoy...

EDIT:

One more case for the dizziness-
SINGle player missions need it for balance -
the enemies are pretty vulnerable to the secondary punch and the dizziness balances things out when they connect a punch in rare occasions.
that gives them the chance to live....

Unless you are thinking of taking out secondary punch.....

(that would pretty much diminish the multiplayer fun for us even more)

ALSO i don't know if that dizzy value you de-activated ALSO affects when you punch enemies and sims, sims get dizzy too,
when we did the challenges - puching them ,poisoning them or N-bombing them was very important for against the more powerful sims (except the darksims)

Trevor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 4:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I knew this would be a touchy subject... ... ... Embarassed Confused Sad

Having read what wreck was just saying, I TOTALY AGREE with Wreck.
Thats where my suggestion of "toning it down" came in.

-"They had a wonderful idea, but went overkill on it. If we could make it much more subtle, reset it upon death, and remove it quicker, than it may possibly be put back in."

This to me then is good news as the possibility of it returning is there.

I know that menus would be difficult, I have never said otherwise, Im just hanging on to even the slightest possibility of one to help 'customisation'.

Thankfully, just as a new thought, this is probably going to be one of very few (one hopes) dissagrements within this brilliant community and Im glad we're not on complete opposit sides of the line. Smile

Oh, and thank you for your comment about the tazor, it was only while I was trying to comprehend those types of weapons that it came to me, though so obvious to me now. Smile

EA, You too also miss-understand me.
"And you need to understand that we can only add so much level to in the game. "
This is what you said.
What Im saying is "whats the problem?" OR "Whats YOUR point?"
Wreck is 'replacing' PD stuff with GE stuff so how is this going to impact ROM size? Anything PD like AI and Effects stay. There is no, least not that I can see, 'additions' to ROM size...
However its probably best I drop this as I think we have confused each other enough Smile

Trev

P.S. Does dizzyness even work in emulation?

EternallyAries

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
EA, You too also miss-understand me.
"And you need to understand that we can only add so much level to in the game. "
This is what you said.
What Im saying is "whats the problem?" OR "Whats YOUR point?"
Wreck is 'replacing' PD stuff with GE stuff so how is this going to impact ROM size? Anything PD like AI and Effects stay. There is no, least not that I can see, 'additions' to ROM size...
However its probably best I drop this as I think we have confused each other enough

Trev

Lol maybe we both minssunderstand etc other lol.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Having disabled the blur effect in all melee weapons (fist and pistol whips), the Simulants and mission characters should not become disoriented when hit. Neither human player nor computer AI will feel the effects from PD. I haven't noticed any of the Simulants getting dizzy when punched, as they keep charging toward you afterward.

Where would I like to see this effect used? The Facility gas leak is a great place. With the gas confined to specific areas, and the electronic doors being locked to prevent it from spreading throughout the entire building, you're left at the mercy of the nerve gas. As it drains your health slowly, it also constricts your pupils, leading to a burning sensation, making it very difficult to see. This is probably the best application for disorientation.

I also do like the idea of the Taser causing vision blur. The weapon doesn't really do a whole lot as-is, so giving it this unique ability will not only make it more useful, but far more fun.

Trevor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

YAY, facilities GAS is going to be fixed in GEX.

As I had said in the other thread, I assumed that RARE forgot about this when they had the message talking about scealing off areas. Though actualy my point was directed at bulletproof glass.
To, If I can remember, resay what I said: breakable in multi = good, un-breakable/bulletproof in mission required to 'stop' gas (except at end when Oremove gets his soldiers to shoot and punch the glass through)

Great use for the dizzieness Wreck, though of cource I still hold Hope for the 'other use'.

Hmm, its got me thinking, the dizzieness 'builds' up doesnt it, unless it stops then it starts again?

i.e.
- <-punch
-- <-another
--- <-another
stop
- <-another
-- <-another

If so then the 'tone down' will still work for gas too. Smile

Trev

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The security glass would all remain unbreakable in the mission. If the gas leaks in the bottling room, but you break out the glass that looks into the laboratory, then the entire lab section would also become contaminated. An issue though, is with the bottling room door. Guards rush into the area constantly, using the door quite often. With the door opening, the gas would leak out. Not that it absolutely has to, keeping in mind that the nerve gas wasn't able to spill out into the hallway during Area 51 Escape. The Quad will definitely be locked off, preventing you from leaving (just like in the original). Only this time, the gas will only be in certain rooms, and won't plague the whole level. If you plant a remote mine on a gas canister and blow it up when you're far out of range, you can continue playing the mission as normal, without choking to death the rest of the way.

Trevor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hmm, I suppose that if the integrety of the sceal in the botteling room was disrupted (glass or door being blown open) then it could flood untill the next security door, the one where objective A is complete.
Or being close to outside it could leak out there.

However, who would be so stupid to blow the tanks up after Oremove is there and then stay in the building... Oh... hehe, me. Ive done it once to get a chase from the guards Laughing

Trev

oldyz

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I think the gas as a control leak should be used as part of an objective
for the harder dificulty.

something as a signal for the Doctor doak guy to come out or something

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye X All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: