ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Goldeneye set up editor keeps crashing!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Mapping and Modelling
View previous topic :: View next topic  
moonraker808
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 7:56 am    Post subject: Goldeneye set up editor keeps crashing! Reply with quote Back to top

I haven't been on in a long time, but I finally want to try my hand at making some goldeneye maps. The problem is when I go into the visual editor its all fine and dandy until I try and click on any object then the program stops working. I also cannot create any objects and some levels just crash when I start them up.

So heres my specs:

I have Window's vista 32 bit version

I redownloaded Microsofts distributible package if that was the issue, but it seems to have helped at no avail. Could it be the direct X? End if so where can I download the latest version?

Its kind of a pain to try and get this masterpeice working when my computer is still using obsolete vista. Ah well. All help appreciated Very Happy

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Did you right click properties, and set program to run as administrator?

moonraker808
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

yah I did, I even took of the compatibility settings hoping that would work, but its to no avail; I literally cannot create objects or move them around like I could on my XP machine.

EternallyAries

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Can you tell me what your computer has in it i may be abeil to help.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Do you have "Temp" folder in geedit2? It could also be directx issue, if don't have right one, but usually it's the run as admin thing.

moonraker808
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I may have that file that made the program crash for vista in the past; what is it? And I still have that temp file btw. Where can I download the new direct X btw?

radorn

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

moonraker808 wrote:
I may have that file that made the program crash for vista in the past; what is it? And I still have that temp file btw. Where can I download the new direct X btw?

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?displaylang=en&FamilyID=2da43d38-db71-4c1b-bc6a-9b6652cd92a3

moonraker808
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I erased the whole set up editor and then downloaded the new direct X updates and rebooted my computer then reinstalled.

Well guess what? It works now! Thanks all Very Happy

EternallyAries

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Cool ill be looking fored for your new level moonraker808

moonraker808
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

My natural talent is actually 3d modelling, but I am not great with ow poly models; and I have never really used hammer before. But before modelling importing became easy I was working on a funhouse level like in the movie the man with the golden gun. I'll think of something.

Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Well, you don't need to use Hammer, in fact I'd advise against it if you have skill using a normal modeler.

moonraker808
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I generally use 3ds max, but texture pains make me think twice haha

Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I haven't used max in years, since the disc I got from school stopped being readable, and I was never any good with it to begin with. What's wrong with texturing using it?

Sigma Storm
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 3:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Dragonsbrethren wrote:
I haven't used max in years, since the disc I got from school stopped being readable, and I was never any good with it to begin with. What's wrong with texturing using it?
I've been using Max for quite some time now and I can safely say that the GE Editor does not like textures used in Max.

I followed the video tutorials exactly as they were shown and I couldn't get any further than the textures. It's a shame really, I have a lot of good ideas for maps but can't seem to get them working.

Trevor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 3:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The modeler I use (Anim8or) doesn't like the stock textures from goldeneye so what I do is open them in paint and scale them x2 and make them 24bit, hopefully because the filename used is the same it should be a straight forward transfer to the origonal.

Talking of filenames, It has been said it would be of no benifit so it won't be done but I still think it would be interesting to see what rare called their textures Smile

Trev

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Mapping and Modelling All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: