ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

GE:X - First Preview Patch Released! 03-27-10
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye X
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HackBond

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I have now got Depot all clipped, but not set right or anything. Do I need to go around EVERY clipping tile an set it?

[Decoy] Antenna | Control | Silo | Escape

Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Walls and flat floors should be set right by default, so you don't need to worry about those. For any other tiles you need to set walkable (ramps, stairs, etc.) or another property, you can hold Ctrl when you click on a tile to select more than one at once. Anything you do then will get applied to everything you have selected.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Here's which stages replaced which (at this time)...

Temple: Temple CS (jun)
Caves: G5 Building CS (cryp)
Library: Felicity CS (mp11)
Egyptian: Complex CS (ref)

Hopefully all of that is correct. I'm trying to remember from memory alone, so don't have the level ID's. Easy enough for you to locate in the 39850 Index menu.

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Okay, thanks. For stage IDs, I thought maybe you mixed them up a bit. I know you were talking about using the mpXX slots to give the solo and multi stages different pads/setup files, so I thought maybe you had things spanning more than one filename.

What do you recommend we do with textures? Looks like we'll have Depot to play around with soon thanks to Spyster, and I've started working on Silo.

Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Oh, I forgot this wasn't on by default. Spyster, go to Tools -> Preferences -> Visual Editor and check View Clipping as Walkability. That will make your life a whole lot easier.

EternallyAries

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

i need some help i change my mind i want to port Complex it will be so much eser then that last one im makeing lol aneing way need help on texter how do i resize them so it will look just like the complex From Goldeneye 007? and wenn i do resize them in MS pant it wont work on PD editor i hope you can help me.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

As of right now, I've been keeping the original texture ID's for the maps. Certain props, though not all, also use old ID's. Most of the ones that have been changed are farther into the list (in the CXX area), so are out of the way enough to not be overwritten accidentally. Just be sure nothing crucial is replaced. Things can be tweaked and readjusted when necessary. When we start getting more content ready, an entirely new take on the ROM might be needed. That only sounds semi-awful. I've been keeping track of all textures for props, characters and weapons, so not hard to update.

Oh, I also like to use any of the textures still in the PD ROM for ports. The Golden Gun uses images from PD, and most of the textures in the Phantom prop model too. They are often smaller is filesize than the original GE versions, and look identical (if not slightly better).

EternallyAries

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I did not understand that is it abowt my texter Prablem?

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

No, that was in reference to DB asking about how we should coordinate on which texture ID's to use.

You can actually use the original textures between games, Aries. There are a few different ways you can do it. I like to save the raw binary from the Image Tools menu (by right-clicking on the image and choosing that option), then import it into PD where I want it (by right-clicking and choosing the other option).

With multiple people all working on ports and images, we have to becareful that nothing conflicts. Some stuff is harder to adjust than others. Doing it by myself, I could watch out for problems and keep track. But with others getting involved, it is a little more hazardous. Just need to keep everyone informed to prevent bad things from happening.

HackBond

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Dragonsbrethren wrote:
Okay, thanks. For stage IDs, I thought maybe you mixed them up a bit. I know you were talking about using the mpXX slots to give the solo and multi stages different pads/setup files, so I thought maybe you had things spanning more than one filename.

What do you recommend we do with textures? Looks like we'll have Depot to play around with soon thanks to Spyster, and I've started working on Silo.

Everything is clipped and saved. Just need to get the map retextured.

Any idea how? Image tools is one way I heard of....

Entropy Soldier
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'm curious. Wasn't there a patch by zoinkity to allow you to include more multi stages than the default amount in perfect dark?

HackBond

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Entropy Soldier wrote:
I'm curious. Wasn't there a patch by zoinkity to allow you to include more multi stages than the default amount in perfect dark?

Uh, yeah I think so. It was a new multi menu.

EternallyAries

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
Uh, yeah I think so. It was a new multi menu.

I thot it wus for Goldeneye 007.

Trevor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The way perfect dark is formated with its menues it would seem more logical that the menu could be lengthend, With Goldeneye he would need to start programming scroll bars wouldnt he?

Trev

Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 3:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, the PD menu system is definitely more flexible. Doesn't make me not want to get GE's menus ported over eventually, of course, but I doubt that will happen anytime soon.

As for the hack you guys are talking about:

http://www.shootersforever.com/forums_message_boards/viewtopic.php?t=3830

I had completely forgotten about that. The plan was to have all of the official GoldenEye multiplayer arenas, including Statue and Cradle, plus a couple bonus ones. With this, we might end up rethinking that plan...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye X All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 3 of 11

Jump to: