ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

GE:X - First Preview Patch Released! 03-27-10
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye X
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Dam's centerpoint is floating out about halfway to the mountains you see when you jump off, but more towards the area with the guardhouse. Because of how the level twists around, it probably is pretty close to being the actual center, but attempting to center it better might make this work.

Edit: I mean the 0, 0, 0 coordinate, not the actual center of all of the geometry, of course.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 6:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It's really been too long of a wait for the second official patch to be released, but it's going to be a little bit longer. I want everyone to know that this project is still very much on. The next update will have more of everything. Here is a basic rundown of what you can expect to see...

Total Characters
20 Bodies (that's 17 more than the first patch)
39 Heads (that's an additional 34 from the first)

More Weapons
Sniper Rifle
Silver PP7
Gold PP7

More Levels
Complex
Cuba
...and possibly Train

Music
All of it! (courtesy of SubDrag, with Dragonsbrethren importing and ordering)

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

acceptable67

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wow, really cool Very Happy I'll make sure to pick up the patch when released.

PaRaDoX

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

1 q: Knowing this is still in progress, but only 3 new weapons? Pls don't take this the wrong way, I'm just asking. Smile

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Weapons are a pain in the butt, and I'm probably still not handling them as well as I could be. Weapons without animations are easiest, since only consists of one part. The Silver and Gold PP7's have a sliding animation, so it's split up into two sections. I was able to handle those, as they work just like the PP9i from PD. I haven't done the silenced variations of the PP7 or D5K, but those should be coming up soon.

armymen12002003
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

will the 2nd patch have the silecend pp7?
what all bodies will be in the new patch?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I was hoping to give the Silenced PP7 and Silenced D5K a go this weekend. I should have ample time to work on them today, so hopefully they won't take long to complete. I was hoping to just 'lift' the silencers from them and append them to their PD counterparts (PP9i and DMC). I'll have to see how that looks.

I won't give a complete breakdown of what bodies are now available in the second patch, but you'll definitely be seeing a couple of Bond costumes, many civilians, various guards, and one special guest star.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Sheesh, this has been going on too long. The good news is, I plan to have the second patch out before October. Some of the things currently being worked on may or may not make it into this particular release, but will later be made available in the third patch. You can expect to see at least three extra maps, three additional weapons, and far more characters. It's going to be well worth the wait. Wink

Trevor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 4:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

If the silencers are a seperate object what about having an ordinary gun (only compatable types, i.e. not AK47) able to be changed to silence instead of having to pick up a silenced varient.

I suppose this would override the pistol whip though...

I was also thinking, in both games the sniper rifle is silenced.
This would mean that they would both have to be (in reality) Sub-Sonic (bullet travels slower than the speed of sound (340m/s)) as a silencer cannot silence the crack you get off a Super-Sonic projectile.

It would be cool to have either Super-Sonic Ammunition or a bigger rifle in GE-X, this could be differed by having a flatter trajectory than anything else (Where the Sub-Sonic varient would fall at long distances) and of cource could hit more damage than anything else. The downside is that it is loud its entire distance traveled.

I have just thought of something else too, first of all is it possible to Copy things like IR Tracker, Night vis Goggles etc (The stuff that has checkboxes next to them in the start menu)
If so these could be used for things like ([x]Silecnce Applicable Weapons) ([x] Use Hi-Power Ammo) etc

Which brings me onto something else, What Gadgets are you planning on keeping/making?

Trev

Entropy Soldier
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Any plans to fix the issues with online play using mupen?

EternallyAries

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Man i have not play online in so long lol.

Entropy Soldier what problem are you haveing playing online with Goldeneye X?

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

There's been some strange issue with reading the virtual gamepak saves. It just doesn't want to detect them. You have to rely on the controller pak data, which I'm not entirely sure can be used between players over Mupen? I, too, haven't played online in sometime, and haven't had much of a chance to try GE:X. If there is no available file, or even a place to save a new one, than the game can't even be played.

I'd like to keep as many of the gadgets from GoldenEye as possible. I don't know if all of them will work perfectly, especially the Watch Magnet Attract, but I think we can get most of them going, even if it is done through Action Blocks. The Nightvision, IR Scanner and X-Ray Specs will all be kept, and possibly utilized somewhere. I'd definitely like to have Nightvision or IR in the Surface ii mission.

The weapons will likely all remain as close to their GE originals as they can get. Modifying a weapon, be it to make it better or worse, seems almost like a misstep. GoldenEye had a pretty good balance overall, and I wouldn't want to mess that up. Besides, that'll probably get people more angry than anything. "Hey, the Klobb hurts more than the original. This game sucks!"

Trevor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hmm, I aggree but ive always wanted a "Big rifle" in GoldenEye/Perfect Dark.

Glad to hear the night vis will stay, and a good mission to use it on. I suppose it replaces the origonal concept of the torch. (If I remember correctly)

What about the silencer idea?

Trev

SATURN_81
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

my question is, as was done to incorporate the golden gun models and phantom in GE: X? perhaps had to design a 3d model based on polygons and then put their texture. is that after this they had to put on the best slot to operate as goldeneye weapons. goldeneye some weapons are not? Moonreaker laser, Grenade Launcher, Automatic Gun and Rocket Launcher shoot. for these last could find the perfect ammunition into dark and change the pattern or texture to make it more like GE. On the other hand am very curious about what will happen when they finish the entire poryectar GE: X Looking for new engines N64 shooters, to introduce a Goldeneye or Perfect Dark on the Enhanced? despite what it takes for the second patch I am surprised with what you are getting very good.

acceptable67

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

any updates on this patch? or will there be a new one?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye X All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 10 of 11

Jump to: