ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

GE:X - First Preview Patch Released! 03-27-10
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye X
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'd rather avoid needing to use any kind of GameShark codes for this mod. I know you'd like to have shields (armour) that can be weakened in the multiplayer mode, but the only way that is going to happen is if we put real shields in the setup file. Since there are many of us who don't care for armour, we'd like to have the option of getting rid of them, or replacing them with something else of our choosing, without the need for a cheating device. I believe the good outweighs the bad, in this situation. You must've grown to live with it in PD, afterall.

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

oldyz

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wreck wrote:
I'd rather avoid needing to use any kind of GameShark codes for this mod. I know you'd like to have shields (armour) that can be weakened in the multiplayer mode, but the only way that is going to happen is if we put real shields in the setup file. Since there are many of us who don't care for armour, we'd like to have the option of getting rid of them, or replacing them with something else of our choosing, without the need for a cheating device. I believe the good outweighs the bad, in this situation. You must've grown to live with it in PD, afterall.

Well yes , but to this day we still miss the dirty tactics that are made using the vests as a tasty attraction that we do in goldeneye.

to us the vest was important part of the funy, it gives you a last chance in a hopeless situation, or an advantage if you move it around and damage it.

it is because of this change that we used custom weapons and completely removed the shields.

BUt the fact is we missed a lot and ended up playing 2 or 3 round of goldneye (we always end up playing goldeneye)

either way , the work is amazing and more than anyone can ever hope for
eventually i hope the full goldeneye multiplayer experience plus all the extra goldeneye multi levels at the vault can be transfered to PD

radorn

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

you could leave some unused setups or something like that for gamesharker's to make them into destructable shield...

Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Just a quick status update: I did a partial network for the upper section of Library (Stack), but it's not working too well. The sims have a really hard time following you between levels. They walk off of the ramps a lot. I may have been too thorough, since I gave them lots of links between the upper and lower levels. They seem to think they can follow these links up as well as down, and happily jump off the upper level to the lower in an attempt to follow a shorter route to you, which they can't, so they go up the ramp again, jump off again, etc. I know Grid had similar links between levels and didn't seem to suffer from this issue, but I want to check out some other stages as well.

Temple should be a lot easier, so I might switch over to working on that for a while. Caves...well, I'm not really looking forward to doing Caves. Technically it too should be easier, since there aren't many dropoffs there either.

Edit: Looking at the G5 setup, which has similar ramps/overhead sections, it looks like the pads at dropoffs are much higher off the ground than the others. I'm not sure if it actually makes a difference, but it's worth testing I guess.

Edit 2: Oh wow, it actually did seem to have an effect. Unfortunately I didn't really plan my pads around this, so I'm probably going to have to start them over (this is why we test frequently) or at the very least unlink them all and redo the links. Basically, the sim wouldn't drop off anymore on any pad that was raised, but he'd get stuck there and spin in circles. Looking at the G5 setup, it looks like the pad at the upper level needs to be at the normal height (which is quite a bit higher than the setup editor's default at ground level), connected to one raised above that over the drop. Easy enough to do, I'll probably make a dummy setup with only one room to test it out, get it perfected before I waste my time on the actual setup again.

PaRaDoX

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

ok I got a problem: the first time I tried it it worked fine.Now every single time I try to play a mission or just have fun in CS project64 crashes.Any Idea what I should do?

EternallyAries

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
What issue are you having? It's not that difficult, just a process of porting

Well the issue is that i just can get the level texter at all i use the imegh tool and wen i import the raw data it looks like the texter are 32 bit and its to small of a texter and wen i resize them so it will look good it wont let me import them. And SubDrag i wonder if it wud be to difficult to add a buttem so we can import the level with all the texter From Goldeneye to PD just like PD to Goldeneye wud you bebel to do it?

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

You trying to import original GE textures? Just use the import with the ___Textures.bin generated after exporting the bgfile, and it will just pop in all GE ones.

HackBond

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

SubDrag wrote:
You trying to import original GE textures? Just use the import with the ___Textures.bin generated after exporting the bgfile, and it will just pop in all GE ones.

I have tried exporting the BG file, and somehow, no textures.bin came up.

[Decoy] Antenna | Control | Silo | Escape

Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Strange, I had one for Silo. When I imported it though, the ROM was too big so I couldn't save it.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ah yes, that may be true. Sorry I forgot a step - go to 39850, delete debug data, save ROM. Then use that ROM as a base. If that's still not good you'll need to replace early images with 1 x 1 black imgs first.

fantsu

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 3:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Whoa! This project is doing fine!
I don't want to spoil myself yet, just watch how this thing goes.
Very Happy

HackBond

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Since I am very lazy and have a few school projects coming, I would like someone to do the retexturing, and any fixing it might need. I wonder how i can transfer this though.

Bugs that I found:
Train walkway thing before you get onto it, when you click that, it crashes so it needs to be closed off.
Few portals missing.

[Decoy] Antenna | Control | Silo | Escape

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Clipping Drops (DB):
I had noticed in the PD Temple that they'll often have two pads in the same position, though at different elevations. I believe part of the reason is to show the AI that they can go off of the edge, and also prevents them from thinking that they can reach the upper area from the ground. I had tested adding pads to the Golden Gun area in Egyptian, but I didn't set them up properly in the sets file. I had one at the top of the stairs, another in the center of the room (aligned with the exit doors), one inbetween those doors, and one last one above the pad that's just below the doors in the outside room. It should've worked, but my sets had to have been incorrect, as the game froze up when they tried to enter the hallway leading to the room.

Texture Replacing:
I haven't run into any issues with replacing images after using the Delete Debug Data option in the 39850 Index Modifications menu. If you don't use that option, you'll likely find yourself receiving warnings that you've exceeded the ROM size.

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Checked these things out today:

Character Bleeding:
Most of the time you get the blood, but sometimes you get this black texture instead. It actually looks like the Skedar text on the monitors in the Attack Ship. Only seems to occur on the floor.

Caves Clipping Sounds:
Don't worry about the walls having sounds set. It's not like that's going to make the file any larger, and the original stages have sounds set for some walls, too. Your perfectionism makes too much work for you. I requested the automatic sound setting for a reason, you know! Razz

KF7:
The KF7 Special displays fine in the unmodified game with the Glide plugin.

Golden Gun:
This one is an intentional part of the design, and is there in GE, but is less noticeable. The barrel of the golden gun is a pen, the sight being the part you would clip to your pocket or whatever. It looks fine from the side, but when viewed in first person it looks like there's a piece missing.

Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Oh yeah, that reminds me. Spyster, once you get textures copied over, check and make sure the hit sounds have been set probably for them (I'm not sure if the editor does this automatically or not). If they are, in clipping mode there's an option to automatically set the footstep sounds based on the texture under the clipping tile.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye X All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 5 of 11

Jump to: