ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

GE:X - First Preview Patch Released! 03-27-10
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye X
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HackBond

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Dragonsbrethren wrote:
Oh yeah, that reminds me. Spyster, once you get textures copied over, check and make sure the hit sounds have been set probably for them (I'm not sure if the editor does this automatically or not). If they are, in clipping mode there's an option to automatically set the footstep sounds based on the texture under the clipping tile.

Its also in Image Tools.

[Decoy] Antenna | Control | Silo | Escape

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Bleeding:
Very weird. I'll have to take a look into this when I get back home. Are there any certain characters that it happens to, be it head or body, or does it happen to all of the ported models? It's possible that it has something to do with the impact type set on the textures. I also wonder if there could be something else hardcoded to it, and may require that I change the textures IDs to replace other body images.

KF7:
So it would appear as though the KF7 is incorrectly displaying in the GE:X ROM? I have a pretty good idea of what is causing it, so hopefully can easily be remedied.

Golden Gun:
Is this one fine as-is, or is something actually off with the port?

Perfectionism:
I know being a perfectionist can slow things down, but I've just got this nature - especially with game files - that everything needs to be done appropriately. Optimizing as much as possible, fitting things in precisely, not setting things that aren't necessary, etc. Certain factors aren't super important, I know. Bug testing and quality control are what will make this project stand out, I hope. Smile

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Just did a first test run of Silo with textures. I only have two rooms partially clipped, in the final silo. I put the start point on the lower walkway and a guard on the upper one. It's so cool having them be able to shoot down at you. It's something I really wished was possible when I did my Silo mission. I ended up redesigning a couple areas because it wasn't. I still need to clip some parts of the launch tube walls, where bullets can impact.

I also confirmed that PD guards can still teleport when they can't get to you via the path network. I turned my back on him to see how far down the tube the tracers were going, turned around and he was right behind me! Hilariously, he ended up going back too far and fell through the unclipped floor in the next room.

Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

You guys snuck in some posts while I was making mine...

Spyster wrote:

Its also in Image Tools.

Actually, that's something entirely different. The hit type and the footstep sounds are unrelated to each other in-game. The hit type is a part of the texture, and only affects the sound made when your bullets hit that texture. The footstep sound is a part of the clipping tile itself. I asked Sub to add an option to the clipping tools to automatically set footstep sounds based on the hit types, it's not something the game would normally do.

Wreck wrote:
Golden Gun:
Is this one fine as-is, or is something actually off with the port?

Yeah, it's fine, it just looks strange in the first-person view. You can tell it's right when you watch the gun rotate in the menus (either game).

Wreck wrote:
I know being a perfectionist can slow things down, but I've just got this nature - especially with game files - that everything needs to be done appropriately. Optimizing as much as possible, fitting things in precisely, not setting things that aren't necessary, etc. Certain factors aren't super important, I know. Bug testing and quality control are what will make this project stand out, I hope. Smile

I only brought this one up because wasting your time setting the sound effects manually serves no practical purpose. Believe me, I try to close to perfect as possible, but I'm not about to open the pad editor and make sure every pad that makes up Library's path network is perfectly aligned with one another. Besides, perfection has no place in GoldenEye. Need I remind you to look at the geometry of the shipping containers in Depot again? Laughing

HackBond

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ran into a problem while trying to save texture to the rom. Error ROM too big or something.

Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Did you do this?

SubDrag wrote:
Ah yes, that may be true. Sorry I forgot a step - go to 39850, delete debug data, save ROM. Then use that ROM as a base. If that's still not good you'll need to replace early images with 1 x 1 black imgs first.

I was having the same problem with Silo, but got it working fine after deleting the debug data. (Unrelated, because of texture replacements, it looks like the CMP150 got dropped in a bucket of white paint now, heh.)

HackBond

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Dragonsbrethren wrote:
Did you do this?

SubDrag wrote:
Ah yes, that may be true. Sorry I forgot a step - go to 39850, delete debug data, save ROM. Then use that ROM as a base. If that's still not good you'll need to replace early images with 1 x 1 black imgs first.

I was having the same problem with Silo, but got it working fine after deleting the debug data. (Unrelated, because of texture replacements, it looks like the CMP150 got dropped in a bucket of white paint now, heh.)

Me not reading the whole of the thread again.

acceptable67

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wow. I love it. Very nice job Wreck & Company. :]

Camaro
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Replaced textures and this happened. Help? This was after I replaced textures using the the import ge textures button and it also happened when I replaced an individual image in the image tools using exported .bin file.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

That's fine. I can't decode all the texture types, but don't worry, it'll be fine in-game.

Camaro
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I've got runway very basically ported. How can I get runways presets and paths converted into a PD setup? Also, how can I fix parts of the map where you fall out and die?

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

You'll have to realign clipping, figure out whats going on. There's a setup converter, it's in PD tools in main area.

Camaro
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I think what is going on is actually portal related. If I ran at the right angle the next room I 'm running to won't load and I'll fall. Because if I walk slowly and it loads it's fine.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Nah that's clipping related, portals don't make you fall. You did rescale portals though right, and exported txt portals in GE, and imported in PD?

Camaro
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah I imported the portals correctly. But portals control which rooms are loaded right? and if a room isn't loaded there wouldn't be any clipping for me to walk on, thus falling? Or is my logic completely wrong? haha

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye X All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 6 of 11

Jump to: