ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

GE:X - First Preview Patch Released! 03-27-10
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye X
View previous topic :: View next topic  
acceptable67

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wow, I just applied the XDELTA and started playing. I love what you have done. 5/5

I just played Chicago, and found a face texture error shown below:

But I do realize this is BETA. Great job anyways.

oldyz

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Sad
it crashes a lot in our computer...

does any of you have a good a idea of what type of windows machine
can make the game work the best?

acceptable67

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Windows XP w/ atleast 512 MB All the way to Windows 7.

oldyz

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

very weird

this and other machine both have 1 gigabyte RAM.
win xp and a cpu of a little more than 1000 hz

the game runs like slow motion a bit and i can't use a plugin that lets me see the lights. also some skies look black

acceptable67

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah. Skies even look black for me to. I'm pretty sure everyone. I'm not sure why you are lagging.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, I made a note of that (PD heads having wrong textures) in the official read me file, which should be included in the zip. There's a few of them that do, since replaced those images with GoldenEye ones. The guy in your screenshot is kind of cool, actually. It's like he has absolutely no facial features and is totally skin. Razz

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

oldyz wrote:
the game runs like slow motion a bit and i can't use a plugin that lets me see the lights. also some skies look black

What emulator? If you're using Project64 or 1964, you need to change the game settings to match an unmodified Perfect Dark ROM.

acceptable67

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 6:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wreck wrote:
Yeah, I made a note of that (PD heads having wrong textures) in the official read me file, which should be included in the zip. There's a few of them that do, since replaced those images with GoldenEye ones. The guy in your screenshot is kind of cool, actually. It's like he has absolutely no facial features and is totally skin. Razz

Aha Ikr?

NapalmNero
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

We should make Rorschach character! Razz

Camaro
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

SubDrag wrote:
You'll have to realign clipping, figure out whats going on. There's a setup converter, it's in PD tools in main area.

How do I convert it and then use it in my project? Convert and open opens up Chicago with the Runway pads and paths.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

You open up your project, then use the setup convertor and then once you save project again it will have new setup (after you play with setup).

00action
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 3:07 pm    Post subject: Runnging GoldenEye: X on backup device Reply with quote Back to top

I tested GoldenEye: X on my backup device and it loaded fine into the menus but when i try and start a level it crashes, theres nothing wrong with the rom because it runs fine on project64.
I had a look at the editor and theres an option to make rom backup compatible but it only works for goldeneye, is there any plans to make that option for perfect dark?

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

That sounds very strange. The ROM starts, allows you to choose a save file, you can navigate through all of the menus, but it ends up crashing when a level is started up? Does this happen with any level, be it either a Mission or Combat Simulator map?

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

00action
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

ok i have done some more testing,
The 1 player missions load into levels fine but i do get random crashes, for example, i was on the first level but when i left the lift on the bottom floor and guards started shooting me and the game crashed.
In multiplayer i set up 4 sims using goldenye body and heads, all goldeneye weapons and me as bond.
Now with these options set Caves and Library will load but crashes randomly.
Temple and Egyptian wont load at all even if i take all the sims and weapons off?

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

In GE when it failed, it was either due to 21990 not right compressed size, or a compression that didn't come within 4 of boundary (inject fixed it). I could probably add a recompress all files for PD, I'm not sure if it would help, but it's worth adding.

We'll have to make sure its backup compatible to best of our ability when done.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye X All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 7 of 11

Jump to: