ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Multiplayer Music
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye X
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Trevor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 6:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Aww, I was going to say that the SiloX was good for if you wanted a silent match. I can see why it ends though, your supposed to be dead after it Smile

As for credits, yeah thats a shame, it would be nice to expand the list, its nice to be able to use the selection just to listen to the music.

Does anyone here ever use MultiSelect? I do all the time, that way the track changes throughout the game and once final scores are on the doors after a while even this changes randomly. I think its a great feature.

I was thinking about the mi6 tune, any thoughts on this? how about perimiter since its not used anywhere else (missions) and its quiet.
As for CS, I think if the origonal could be re-mixed that would be great, frigateX doesnt sound good for a menu selection...

Also what is the music that plays on the firing range, in the holodeck and in device training?
I think its not listed... I know its not in the CS Selection.

Trev

oldyz

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Trevor wrote:
Does anyone here ever use MultiSelect?

Multiselect thats it , random i think makes just a one song random choice -
this option is good for those long epic battles of 10 points wins

Multiselect could have a modified program that could select music that is not in the list - this should fix the silo song issue in a way.

Trevor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, Random is like GE, one song chosen at random.
Selecting a song will always play that song (obviously, but I thougt Id just add it)
Multi-Select* alows the selection of 1,2,3...All the tunes and plays the selection randomly after about 1-2 minuts a track.

* I think this is what its called, cant check just now...
Actualy, if you want a laph, I am listening to PD right now but my TV is broken and all I see is a line accross the screen... If I use my remote to reflect the beam and then twist it rapidly I can see a distorted image, same if I glance up through the beam... LaughingLaughingLaughing

And yes, that means I know all the buttons to press to get to the song selection screen off by heart... Embarassed

Trev

EternallyAries

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
And yes, that means I know all the buttons to press to get to the song selection screen off by heart...

Trev

Thats insane that you know how to get in a menu by heart.

I do sometimes just turn on the game just to listen to the music.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Frigate X (which is never actually even used during the mission) was suggested by Dragonsbrethren as the background song for the Virtual Reality menu. After listening to it, I agreed. It feels more like the PD Combat Simulator track than anything else, and isn't as well known by players. It isn't really a theme that we're used to hearing, and we only get to listen to it in multiplayer. Personally, I've grown used of it, and it doesn't feel wrong to me.

The multi-select option is available, but we do need to adjust the set lengths for each song. Entries have a timer, which allows it to know when to transition into the next tune. DB was configuring these lengths at one time, but I don't know if he ever finished the whole list.

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

Trevor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Each entry has a timer?

I thought it was random...

Some of the long songs never reach the end...

I supose one does get used to things.
Its the same as Folders being used instead of PMenu. While Folders IS GE because the menu still has the holo/PD style its a little weird Laughing

Trev

radorn

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It'd be cool to get some musician to compose some tracks for the new "areas" of GE-X respect to classic GE, like the MI6 HQ, the training zones, the VR menu (perhaps a rearrange/reprise of the normal menu)...

oldyz

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Fumbles knows some - but i hope they don't get greedy.

also any music they make can be saved as midi "patterns"
i still have not learned how to use the GE samples so we can direclty compose them using them -

in case we can't get it going with the samples ,
i will post music in youtube and send the midi files for them to be mapped with similar instruments.

Camaro
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

radorn wrote:
It'd be cool to get some musician to compose some tracks for the new "areas" of GE-X respect to classic GE, like the MI6 HQ, the training zones, the VR menu (perhaps a rearrange/reprise of the normal menu)...

I could try composing some tracks if I knew a good program to use. I'm no Graeme Norgate, but I've been writing songs for a good part of the past 3 years and I'm pretty well-versed in music theory, so I could give it a shot.

oldyz

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

radorn wrote:
VR menu (perhaps a rearrange/reprise of the normal menu)...

This is one instance where "dimensional" music would come in handy - this way there would be no necessity of composing another song , but just allow other instruments and tones to take over

@ Camaro i will send you a PM with some Midi music programs i got -

i have been playing duke nukem with the music coming out of a yamaha keyboard (the music sound better than in the pc's midi)
and played around with them to test the connectivity

it seems these programs can take sound banks from different sources and then use them to compose things, they are free programs and they might help.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

If anyone wants to present some MIDI tunes using the instruments from GoldenEye, I'd be interested in hearing them. Should the quality be high, and tune be fitting, it could find a way into the game.

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye X All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: