ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Perfect Darks Deleted Features & Hidden Beta Secrets
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Perfect Dark
View previous topic :: View next topic  
acceptable67

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 6:10 am    Post subject: Perfect Darks Deleted Features & Hidden Beta Secrets Reply with quote Back to top

I've found a site that can tell you MANY secrets and Beta items, and even cheats that were removed from the game and many many mysterious secrets that were never solved!

http://www.yamoslair.com/pdmyst.html

Enjoy!

NapalmNero
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 7:45 am    Post subject: Re: Perfect Darks Deleted Features & Hidden Beta Secrets Reply with quote Back to top

acceptable67 wrote:
I've found a site that can tell you MANY secrets and Beta items, and even cheats that were removed from the game and many many mysterious secrets that were never solved!

http://www.yamoslair.com/pdmyst.html

Enjoy!

yeah; I've seen this site before. This is where these shots came from

PaRaDoX

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

wow.thanks to that site, some of my questions about PD are now answered

acceptable67

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Np. I love it. I've been reading that site for like 4 hours straight aha. Theres ALOT of PD mysteries.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yep, Will Mistretta or Mistressa or something ran a fine site.

radorn

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

it's funny to see that beta shot of egyptian in PD now that you can play it in GE X Very Happy

acceptable67

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Haha they must be astonished

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

One of top priority targets I'd like to get back into GE:X is "Ark Hives"

Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

You know, I converted it over as my second test of the editor scaling (first was Bunker 2). I've got it on a backup DVD from before I did my upgrade. That might be a better thing to focus on for now than Silo, solo's still a long ways off, and I can probably have Archives up and running in a day if I was really committed to it.

---

By the way guys, history lesson, "Ark Hives" is what helped kick off GE:X:

Yeah, it's terrible looking, I hadn't even scaled textures at this point. I found that if I exported a stage to OBJ, imported it to DeleD, set it to snap vertices to its grid, lowered the grid size to 1x1, selected the entire background and move it a unit, everything would snap without gaps between rooms. The downside being all lighting, visibility, etc. information was lost. At this same time, Wreck was working out the clipping format, and had already ported over a lot of stuff from GE. We decided that too much was being lost in the OBJ ports, so Sub came up with a way of doing the same whole background scaling in the editor, added clipping support, portal scaling support, setup conversion... Everything we needed to do the project. It's actually really impressive how fast we went from not being able to do anything with custom PD stages to being able to port the whole of GE over to it. None of this was possible less than two months ago.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I have to agree with you. We (Wreck) had tried to port by room previously, and we got all kinds of rounding but he succeeded on a room basis. Then dragonsbrethren came up with a genius (and in retrospect somewhat obvious but more intensive) way around it - to scale, then recenter instead. Also, with that, Wreck had been working more on bgfile and was able to give me clearer direction, then Wreck learned the clipping files.

Then I forced myself to code the project mode and get the PD editor finally up to snuff. I really never, never, never wanted to do any part of PD editor, but I found myself with free time, and I was motivated somehow again. You will remember I had almost sworn to never ever finish PD editor after I lost its initial code - but what helped was I reused so much code from GE, so it sprang up very fast - as you mention. Still, bgfiles in PD are far more complicated, that conversion process is pretty tough, but the clipping was way easier. I never envisioned ever supporting PD's bgfiles/clipping, but in the end I did. I hadn't even wanted to spend the effort to support clipping...in the end it was way less hours than I thought due to reusing GE code.

Also, one of the key design decisions I made was to make PD use GE's versions of files, and just convert. It made everything so much easier for everyone, including me, so I could base everything the same, and just convert at the end, and the program is complicated enough without needing to remember two formats (I almost broke out RGB and Vertices, instead of using GE format and converting in the end)

It is impressive how far we've come the last two months, but the truth is, it moreso it's taken 5 years to get up to speed, and PD just rode and rode and rode GE's coattails. But it is impressive!

acceptable67

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Perfect Dark beta track: http://www.yamoslair.com/sounds/pdbeta3.mp3

NapalmNero
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

acceptable67 wrote:
Perfect Dark beta track: http://www.yamoslair.com/sounds/pdbeta3.mp3

Jurrasic Dark? lolz

Sounds like a remixed intro song like the special one when you complete the game; or could probably be to that Skedar level with the aliens and what not.

PD has a lot of mystery about it. It seems that Rare always pulled an attitude with it's fans whenever they asked questions. So we can barley
know about anything unless we find it ourselves

acceptable67

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It seems that Deep Sea starts to get techno - ish.

NapalmNero
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 5:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Dragonsbrethren wrote:

Well it's a good start. The textures are a little.. eh.. but once again this is still a beta. I would go with grey and red when the time is ready to match that screen shot that was on Det's site.

still though; great work

Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 5:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Nah, the Detstar screenshot was really lame, just had the green sections recolored to red with no other changes. You can do that with the setup editor if you want, just recolor the vertices over the green sections. It's surprisingly effective at recoloring them, even though they aren't grayscale.

That said, I probably won't bother finishing off the retexturing, at least not anytime soon. It's a pain to do - we lose everything that isn't geometry. Part of the reason that looks bad is because PD recolors those textures to be a lot bluer in Air Base, which I also planned on doing once it was imported. That and that shot was taken before I aligned anything. Later versions removed the pipes and grates, to be consistent with the other GE to PD ports, and had completely new UV coordinates for the textures so that the panels lined up better.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Perfect Dark All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: