ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Challenge 16

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Perfect Dark
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thenoisydrum
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 3:35 am    Post subject: Challenge 16 Reply with quote Back to top

Love this challenge. I find the easiest way to beat this dude is to lace the joint with proximity mines!

The map is obviously the Facility from Goldeneye with different textures but what are the huge structures within what were the bottling rooms in the Facility? You can walk through one of them I think and the box of proxy mines sits on another.

What are they supposed to be?

Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 4:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

They're supposed to be the large chemical tanks that have tipped over, I guess, but the layout doesn't really match up:

Felicity-Facility Comparison

Never really liked what they did with those rooms. It doesn't improve the gameplay there at all, it's arguably worse than it was in GE. Only cool part is being able to climb up onto the one tank, and even that's pretty useless.

thenoisydrum
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 4:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for the info and map Drag, and yes I agree those rooms don't look very good. The whole level looks wrong in actual fact

thenoisydrum
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Actually, you can get up on top of the large 'thing' in the second (furthest away from the bathroom) tank room!

I stumbled across this by mistake whilst trying frantically to pick up the proxy mines in the corner on the right hand side.

I thought I was against the wall and was holding down the strafe button but was actually against the nearby post that supports this huge thing and I started to rise.
You have to mess around a bit to do it and it does not seem to work in the same way as say the ladder in the complex but it is similar.

Perhaps you guys with the editor and access to all that stuff will be able to explain better?

Hardly breathtaking stuff I know but there you go Very Happy

Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, I mentioned that. The one support is a ladder that lets you climb on top of the tank. There's not much point to doing it, outside of confusing people who didn't know it was possible.

thenoisydrum
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ouch
When you first mentioned it I thought you just meant climbing over the half tank along the floor.

My mistake

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Is this the challenge with the Biotechnician Sim? I know it's cheap, but I usually just stay inside the bathroom and toss proxies in three different locations. They usually catch him, but he does manage to get through them and into the bathroom sometimes. It sucks when you're on a roll and nearly have enough points to complete the challenge, only to have him kill you three times in a row, until you get back into the bathroom area.

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

fantsu

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I like PD's Facility (Felicity) more.
It is much more fast paced, the doors open faster and there is another way out from the air-con tubes, so you have better chances to survive out from bathrooms.

Also because the bottling rooms have different layout, it helps some of my noob friends to get familiar with it faster, so that you know what way to peek when you exit the rooms.

There is one thing I like in GE version 'thou, and it is the texture of the air-con tunnel. I think it is better than in PD.

HackBond

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

fantsu wrote:
I like PD's Facility (Felicity) more.
It is much more fast paced, the doors open faster and there is another way out from the air-con tubes, so you have better chances to survive out from bathrooms.

Also because the bottling rooms have different layout, it helps some of my noob friends to get familiar with it faster, so that you know what way to peek when you exit the rooms.

There is one thing I like in GE version 'thou, and it is the texture of the air-con tunnel. I think it is better than in PD.

But I always laugh when I catch up to my brother and shoot him in the head while he tries to get past one of the slow doors.

[Decoy] Antenna | Control | Silo | Escape

thenoisydrum
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wreck wrote:
Is this the challenge with the Biotechnician Sim? I know it's cheap, but I usually just stay inside the bathroom and toss proxies in three different locations. They usually catch him, but he does manage to get through them and into the bathroom sometimes. It sucks when you're on a roll and nearly have enough points to complete the challenge, only to have him kill you three times in a row, until you get back into the bathroom area.

Yeah, that's him. He's a bitch.
I have to admit to similar tactics. You have no choice though - he's well hard. Am I paranoid or can he open doors quicker too?

Yurei
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

thenoisydrum wrote:
Wreck wrote:

Yeah, that's him. He's a bitch.
I have to admit to similar tactics. You have no choice though - he's well hard. Am I paranoid or can he open doors quicker too?

Despite sims seem to have many advantages on you (Magnum speed, ultra-fast-GE-Like Reloads..) I don't think they open doors any faster..

In this one I usually camp the SuperDragon before the hallway leading to bottling rooms. You can see him through the window, then shoot nades. Or in case you heard a door opening, just turn around and blast. Smile

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Perfect Dark All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: