ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Current Project Issues: Oct 23rd, 2010...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye X
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 5:04 pm    Post subject: Current Project Issues: Oct 23rd, 2010... Reply with quote Back to top

This is a good place for us to keep track of different issues that the mod is currently faced with. I'll update this post with all existing issues, and try to categorize them.

Remaining Issues

Weapons

Aimers and Tracer Colours:
Because of needing to replace other PD weapons, some of the GE Classic weapons (and ports) are using incorrect aimers and tracer colours. These aren't in the weapon block, so not as easy to correct. Once we determine where this information is setup, the weapons will be fixed accordingly.

Secondary Functions:
There's more to these than just their weapon blocks. The weapons using ID's that originally belonged to the Falcon 2's and the DY357's make pistol whip sounds when a target is hit. The Mauler ID also causes the weapon to do a charge-up shot. The Phoenix ID allows computer AI to fire explosive shells, even if not set in the weapon. Not sure if anything else weird is happening in this area.

I've since removed the ability to use a secondary function for the ZMG, which gave the player a charge-up shot. The Sims don't use it anyway, so that's good. However, a new one is the Silver PP7 allowing Simulants to cloak. It's currently occupying the RC-P120's slot.

Levels

RGB:
We aren't handling the RGB conversion process perfectly, and it is leading to some bad looking rooms in certain stages. The Facility and Archives are prime examples of this, though most of the errors appear in the second half of the stages, which aren't open in VR.

Library:
There are a few rooms that have darker floors and ceilings in the Stack section. Hopefully this can be remedied with Sub's newest update, once it is fully functioning.

Miscellaneous

Hangar Information:
I don't know where or when this started, but choosing to view any of the available articles on the hangar computer freezes the game. The music continues to play on in the background, while the menu just sits there.

Fixed Issues

Miscellaneous

GamePak Saving/Loading:
This is a big one. People have been pointing out that you cannot save or load from the GamePak. The controller pak appears to still be working, but not the virtual cartridge space. This could be a huge problem for playing online via Mupen64, since it relies on gamepak saves - I think. You can correct me if I am wrong on this.

- After seeing online matches for the 2nd Release patch, and hearing from Radorn after testing it out on actual hardware, it seems as though this isn't an issue at all. You just need to be using the right ROM settings, and / or make sure the ROM is included in the Mupen ini configuration file. It's like a huge weight has been lifted off my shoulders. I'm very happy to know that this will no longer be a problem.

Blood Spatter:
DB had mentioned that blood - when splattered on architecture - often resembles Skedar writing. However, now that I've had a chance to look at it myself, it almost seems more like a corrupted texture. Strange thing is, the blood projected from a dead body looks fine, while the blood from a living character looks wrong. It isn't just the ported characters that suffer, either.

- After having rebuilt the GE:X ROM, this doesn't seem to be a problem. I'm guessing that a blood texture was replaced with something else in the first version. Since I've been much more cautious as to what's being overwritten, this has been avoided.

Characters

Blood Staining:
On each of the three bodies, as well as most of the heads, the blood staining is incredibly over-dramatic. The reason being is the RGB. Unlike props, bodies and heads require each point to have a unique value. They can't share them. This is probably because of them needing to tint the RGB deep red. If points share the same entry, they all get tinted together. The Balaclava and Joe 2 should be corrected, and the Biker is now complete. Vivien, Marion, Mandy and Sally are also finished properly. I'll be going over the others and fixing them up, but it is a bit of a pain to do.

- The models should have all been redone since the first release. All of those ported after the original patch was made public were also done properly. The heads should also be corrected. Blood staining may come close to matching GE, but will be slightly more dramatic and bloodier.

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

Last edited by Wreck on Fri Oct 22, 2010 11:13 pm; edited 3 times in total

zoinkity

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

For the time being you can disable the "Retro Aimer" (classic aim?) setting in cheats and toggle it on manually in binary, specificly in release.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 5:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Made a small update to this.

New: Hangar Information
Fixed: Blood Spatter

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The level color issues should be a moot point now too.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Fixed: Blood Staining
New: Secondary Functions

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

There seems to be some issues surrounding portals that split through rooms. Not all edges are straight cut, which means that the portal either falls out of alignment at some point, or they use multiple portals to make up for it. This causes not only rendering issues of the room edges, but also increases the possibility that the player will drop out of the map while crossing the room gap. This will require further looking into, and I hope we can figure out a way to resolve these problems. Currently affected levels: Runway, Surface and Depot.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I also believe that clipping tiles are responsible for a large share of the blame. In many of the situations where the room edges aren't straight cut and a portal falls inside or outside of the actual room, the clipping tiles also bridge between two rooms. For some reason, GoldenEye seemed to be able to handle this imperfection. However, Perfect Dark has trouble with it. Parts of the room won't render from certain angles, and you can drop through the floor when going from one room to the next. Modifying the clipping may help to prevent you from falling, but there's still the possible rendering issue. It may be a painful course to correct these problems.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye X All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: