ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

[Map] Complex - Oct 5th, 2010
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye X
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:27 am    Post subject: [Map] Complex - Oct 5th, 2010 Reply with quote Back to top

The original Complex has now been ported in all of its glory: The hidden rooms are still hidden, the duct is still cramped, and it comes complete with the blood red sky that the Perfect Dark variant was sorely missing.

Is it just me, or does the original look a lot better? I never really liked the beige/purple color scheme they went with for the remake. If anyone's curious, you can drop off of any platforms without a guard rail, except for the ones over water. I briefly considered letting you fall to your death there, but that's not really in the spirit of GoldenEye, and it would've required background modifications anyway.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here's a shot of the Complex (nearly finished) being played in 4-Player mode...

- Wreck

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After replicating the Path Network from PD and making the necessary adjustments, Simulants are now able to roam the map. Here is one of them desperately protecting a Hill from me...

- Wreck

Kode-Z
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Looking great, DB!

I agree that the sky looks better than GE. It even looks better than the XBLA version! Serious!

Trevor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I agree that the origonal looked good but I miss the overhead ledge, I thought this was a good addition when they modified it.

Trev

radorn

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

red skies! the used to slighty scare me lol

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'd have to agree that the original Complex looks a lot nicer than the "classic" version in PD. The only thing I liked slightly more about the Perfect Dark take on it, was the bridge. I would actually consider including it in this one, since it feels... right. Zoinkity and I have both made BG mods that included it, so it wouldn't be much trouble putting it in.

You're right, falling to your death doesn't suit GoldenEye very well. I thought about it for a few seconds, and almost immediately shook my head no. It could get really annoying in that V-ramp area, especially.

Anyways, looking forward to seeing how this comes out. Smile

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

acceptable67

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah ^_^

00action
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Nice work! that looks brilliant, love the red sky!
Played Perfect Dark XBLA for the first time the other day
and i must say even tho it looks great i prefer GoldenEye: X.

EternallyAries

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wow it looks just like the Goldeneye one Good job

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Just a note: DB has forwarded his working files for the Complex to me, which means that I'll be finishing it up. He's done a wonderful job clipping it, so it's really only a matter of nailing a good setup. I've spent some time working on that today, and will continue to tweak it when I have the time. This map will be making it into the second official release patch. Keep an eye out for updates here.

EternallyAries

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Im so glad that this level will be done soon Wreck. And i cant wat to play it in PD to.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I brought the original seven spawn points from GE up to the PD standard of twelve. They may end up changing or being shifted around, but it's working well for now. There are also five hills setup for King of the Hill mode. Three of them match those found in PD, but two are different. No progress on flag bases, yet. Also need to deal with the weapon sets.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 5:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Alrighty, time for an update on this map...
I've got all of the weapons in, and am almost %100 happy with them. Probably one or two alterations and they'll be good. I also placed the four flags for Capture the Flag mode, following Rare's work with PD's Complex. Only one is slightly different, as the rooftop does not exist in GoldenEye's version of the level. They were well positioned, so I figured I wouldn't deviate from it. Just need to add in the base spawns, which should then complete the setup.

Unfortunately, since the Complex doesn't have a path network, and the one from PD can't be lifted and re-used (due to the entire map being in a different rotation), the Sims won't be able to navigate the level. However, since we have PD's as a guide, we can mimic it almost perfectly. I don't know if it'll be done in time for the second release, but it is something I'd like to get done sooner rather than later.

PaRaDoX

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

^music to my ears
*EDIT*: would love to see some pics(yes I know there are no sims yet)

Trevor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

can you not just 'un-rotate' it and delete the rooftop (aww)?

Trev

EternallyAries

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
can you not just 'un-rotate' it and delete the rooftop (aww)?

Trev

Well that is not easy Trevor.

In order to even rotate the objects you need to click them all and that can be a lot of work to find them all.

And even if Wreck did that 100% it can still lead to some problems to the level. So it is better to just copy it as good as you can.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye X All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: