ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

LAN CLIENT for Goldeneye and Perfect Dark

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MultiplayerX

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 12:54 pm    Post subject: LAN CLIENT for Goldeneye and Perfect Dark Reply with quote Back to top

MultiplayerX: Here is my idea. All of the brilliant minds from goldeneye vault and here this should be a f*cking cakewalk to do something this simple. we need a SIMPLE LAN client to run Goldeneye or Perfect dark at home. I was thinking maybe Subdrag, Zoinkity, Wreck and whoever else could simply implement a feature into the editor or Mupen64. Mupen has always pissed me off everytime i use giving me d3d errors or whatever. GE and PD DESPERATELY need a lan client to play at home with multiple friends. Hell maybe we could use the counter strike 1.6 source engine (which I have) and switch sh*t around to work for GE Sorry if this sh*t has already been done and hello again my GE friends!! Wink Cool

HackBond

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

kalleria has one doesn't it? I haven't been on it in a while.

[Decoy] Antenna | Control | Silo | Escape

EternallyAries

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I seen one goldeneye client but its gone now but we do need one so i agree

acceptable67

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Like Xbox lives one. We can setup INGAME.

MultiplayerX

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 11:00 am    Post subject: I would imagine if Reply with quote Back to top

the idea was presented to subdrag, wreck, zoinkity, etc I would imagine it shouldn't be that hard to simply mod mupen or something or even the editor Im sorry I dont know how to myself but I wouldnt think with how complex the editor already is this shouldnt be rocket science to brilliant minds like Zoinkity, Sub, and Wreck Good hearing from you guys those of you I don't know Wink

Spyster wrote:
kalleria has one doesn't it? I haven't been on it in a while.

I was saying that MUPEN is just still not reliable enough We need OUR OWN LAN client

radorn

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 4:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

What you are asking for is near to impossible.
kaillera (server based or p2p) is based about communicating EMULATORS, not games. It relies on emulation being exactly the same at both ends, and communicates a certain number of events between emulators.
Having in-game online capabilities is not completelly impossible, but almost, since there's not the slightest trace of networking code in GE, PD or pretty much any n64 game (unless for some japan only games with either a builtin modem in the cart or compatibility with the 64dd modem)

There could be alternatives but all of them are extremelly hard and laborious to implement, not exactly a "cakewalk" nor "simple" as you consider it.

The upcoming generation of n64 emulators for PC may or may not include updated netplay code (not necesarily reliant on the kaillera framework), and that's it, and we don't now when they'll release.

MultiplayerX

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 9:53 pm    Post subject: hmmmmmmmmmm Reply with quote Back to top

I wonder though because windows remote desktop uses a simple client to communicate with A game would just need to be able to sync together through a simple protocol BOTH people have the game and it syncs together via using pinging packets

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: