ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Mission/Multiplayer Task Listings
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye X
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Finished up more of the Bunker ii and also Bunker i clipping. They both have all of the essentials, as well as some extra measures to prevent players from getting into / onto places they shouldn't, and only require some small adjustments.

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

Trevor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 5:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Into and onto?

what places are these?

Trev

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Mostly these are to keep you from getting onto the ledges that run along the lower walls. It was very easy to land on them while strafing down the stairs. The void in the outside Surface area also needed manual clipping, in order to prevent players from falling out of the map. The generator room required some additional clipping, as well.

I've made a small amount of progress on Runway's clipping. It's mostly the interiors, and the man-made structures outside. There are some issues with dropping through the ground at certain room thresholds, which will need to be worked out.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Got most of the Runway clipping finished up, with only a few things left to do. I'm still really bothered by the room connections where the edges aren't cut straight across. The portal crosses through a room, which not only causes visual holes, but can also drop players out of the map. It might not be terribly hard to adjust the clipping, keeping people from falling through the ground, but the visuals are another matter. In a perfect world, there'd be a way to handle this in PD. If not, it may require that the actual background be slightly modified. Cutting the room edges cleanly would fix all these flaws, though it isn't quite as simple as it sounds.

oldyz

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wreck wrote:
Mostly these are to keep you from getting onto the ledges that run along the lower walls. It was very easy to land on them while strafing down the stairs. The void in the outside Surface area also needed manual clipping, in order to prevent players from falling out of the map. The generator room required some additional clipping, as well.

I've made a small amount of progress on Runway's clipping. It's mostly the interiors, and the man-made structures outside. There are some issues with dropping through the ground at certain room thresholds, which will need to be worked out.

are those ledges completey gone?

i don't know how many used the tiny Bond tiny Jo cheats, but using those ledges as higher ground when tiny was kind of cool -

i remeber those ledges because when tiny it always reminded me of Duke nukem's "bardas"

Also about the weird egyptian "stairs" clipping- or any stairs clipping after some height - i think the intention for it is for the times if people want to play the maps in tiny mode - it allows the tiny to climb when the steps are too high.

i know playing in small mode was not very well liked because levels become too big, but now that hoverbikes could be hacked in the multi levels....
@ trevor

lets give it a shot PM sent, explain instructions

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The ledges along the lower walls in Bunker i and ii are both still there. I just had to include additional clipping to prevent people from getting onto them when running down the stairs.

The Egyptian stairways have a lot of steps, and also has a ledge on both sides. Using their standard clipping method, it'd probably cause some problems. The tiles need to connect at the edges, which would mean that an absolutely absurd amount of tiles would be necessary. By using flattened ramp-like clipping instead, it makes things easier and more friendly. As far as I know, this is the only level that changes the stair formula.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I have 3 days of vacation this winter so I'll take Depot, and it sounds fun, and give it a whirl. If it's still unclaimed! (talking about solo)

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I believe Camaro expressed interest in working on the Depot, but he hasn't gotten back to me about it since. If he isn't picking it up for sure, than it's completely open for you to take on. There are a few other maps that are still available, as well, so there's definitely something for you to grab. I look forward to your assistance. Smile

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 5:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Which besides citadel? Don't see any available and would like to do a solo level!

Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Control and Caverns are open.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I like depot better but I'll take Caverns! Smile What objects are ported for it? I'll have to get up to speed there

Trevor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yay, a solo's being done Smile

Ah crap only 10 days till christmas... Im running behind...

Trev

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hrmm, I thought Spyster was working on Caverns? I know he had started on the multiplayer portion of the map, but he did get stuck at one point. Whether he is still determined to finish this or not, I can't say. I'd just hate to see someone work on something that somebody else is currently doing.

If Camaro is not going to pick up Depot, it's all yours.
If Spyster retires from Caverns, it's open to whomever wants it.

Hopefully the two of them will respond with their status on the maps soon.

EternallyAries

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I was working on the aztec.

So you can say it is open.

The clipping is done but in a feel place it may block you still wondering what i can do it from there.

But if you still want to work on it. I loss all my files so you need to work on the clipping again unless Wreck has my clipping file i sent him like 2 months ago.

Other then that all it need is the objects and stuff and it be done.

HackBond

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wreck wrote:
Hrmm, I thought Spyster was working on Caverns? I know he had started on the multiplayer portion of the map, but he did get stuck at one point. Whether he is still determined to finish this or not, I can't say. I'd just hate to see someone work on something that somebody else is currently doing.

If Camaro is not going to pick up Depot, it's all yours.
If Spyster retires from Caverns, it's open to whomever wants it.

Hopefully the two of them will respond with their status on the maps soon.

I have it finished (the textures and stuff, no obects or hills etc), the problem was getting a save to work right for testing. If you want it, I'll send you it.

[Decoy] Antenna | Control | Silo | Escape

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye X All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 5 of 8

Jump to: