ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Mission/Multiplayer Task Listings
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye X
View previous topic :: View next topic  
00action
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Is Aztec open? as im trying to go through the remaining levels and clip them.
https://www.twitch.tv/00action

EternallyAries

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
Is Aztec open? as im trying to go through the remaining levels and clip them.

Ah yes Aztec. This level was already clip by me. And i sent it over to wreck like a year ago. I think he still has my clipping file. And if so. I don't think wreck will mind to send you my clipping file for Aztec. Maybe you can fix it where you can't walk in some places and it forces you to crouch.

I wish i did finish my Favorite level. Because it was the best single player map to me.

Oh well lets all hope Wreck has my clipping file save in his computer still.

00action
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

If im not mistaken didnt you use the "clip all Tris" option, if you did im worried because Aztec has a lot of tris and trying to reduce the clipping tiles and delete out all thats not needed would take a while and slow my pc rite down, If you dont mind i would like to start from scratch so i know where im at.

EternallyAries

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 3:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Nope i clip it all by hand. It looks great so far.

But its up to you on what ever you feel like doing.

00action
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 5:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ah... I didnt realise you did it by hand. Il pm wreck to see if he can send it to me and if u dont mind il finish it off.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I should still have it on my hard drive. Aztec uses a lot of unique textures, which is why it has been put off for so long. There are only a few maps that are left to get the images in for, but I suppose clipping could be worked on even while using the incorrect textures. I'll try searching my PC for it and send 00action a link to where I upload it.

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

EternallyAries

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
Ah... I didnt realise you did it by hand. Il pm wreck to see if he can send it to me and if u dont mind il finish it off.

I dont mind at all. I give up after the clipping part.

Did not have much time to work on it much anymore. So its all up to you on how you work on it now.

Quote:
I should still have it on my hard drive. Aztec uses a lot of unique textures, which is why it has been put off for so long. There are only a few maps that are left to get the images in for, but I suppose clipping could be worked on even while using the incorrect textures. I'll try searching my PC for it and send 00action a link to where I upload it.

I sure hope you still have it. I loss the file in my harddrive. So if you don't.

Then looks like 00action will be stuck at makeing the clipping again.

Jhirmer614
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Just out of curiosity, has the levels statuses updated as of late?

MRKane

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Dam: Ported, clipped and am suffering severely trying to get visibility to work. Can't even seem to read the obj file that the editor exports for the portals! Or import portal data into it Crying or Very sad

To be totally honest, I'm really tempted to throw the Dam up in the air for anyone to catch as it's become so frustrating on my end trying to get everything to work properly. The entire level BSP needs major rebuilds for the Perfect Dark engine given the nature of how large levels usually handle portals in the actual game.

On a flipside, might bring "Rust" into the game as a bit of a challenge Cool It'll probably piss off the majority of the community...hehehe.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

sReally? That should be straightforward. If you export, then import the portals obj it doesn't work?

They're quads of format g Portal_XX_YY

If you have more than one same room combo make sure group is unique so second would be g Portal_XX_YYdifferentgroup1 for example.

Did 00action make any progress helping? I'm afraid I'm not experienced in the special visibility. I have my own problem in Depot...everything's perfect save for one room to second...I can't figure it out either

MRKane

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I don't know if 00Action has made any leeway, I've not heard. I can get everything except for the large open areas working fine. When you're on the main dam part it shows sections but I can't get it showing much. I've been meaning to do some more trials but it's time consuming.

If it helps your level: portals And visibility stacks in PD. so if you've visibility to one room, you'll inherit all of that rooms visibility through the portal/extra you've created. Large open spaces are usually filled with a "lattice" of portals (take villa for instance) where there's not too much distance between the sections, and so you dont get the black patches that have plagued me (if you recall the post earlier about view distance). I've been seriously considering a different solution to the dam level, snow and limited visibility perhaps? I don't know if any of that information helps you at all.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Well, this thread hasn't been posted in for over a year, and it's about time that it gets updated. I've added some additional information of my own, but also need to hear from anyone else working on a level who has made progress on it. Might be some maps that have changed hands or been taken on that were listed as open. Post here to let me know so I can edit in the details.

I've recently taken on the Frigate mission, and it's going well. Three of the four objectives are fully functional. Hopefully it won't take much to get the rest of the broken Action Blocks going. Here's a sneak peek...

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

MultiplayerX

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:14 pm    Post subject: Wreck Reply with quote Back to top

After reading this thread I was thinking: You should put out some kind of GoldenEye Z mod Wink with several parts to play ANY level in multiplayer in it's FULL version in Perfect Dark This would put an end FOREVER to issues with Goldeneye and loading / blackout issues. The ultimate GE mod! Wink Cool

Anyways just an idea. I'm so busy now with studio stuff I literally have no time to hack. Sad Screenwriting, music composing, and production consume every second of free time I have. Good job to all!! MultiX

MRKane

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Don't have anything to add, just want to say: Impressive work all round!

SATURN_81
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

that's a fantastic picture of the mission of the frigate, I want to know how to behave the enemies in each level, ie if permanceran in their positions, or if seeking a Bond for any sound of a gun, I determined that the difference between GE and PD.

not what an "action block" exactly. Wreck think refers to the "action block" to each of the objectives of the mission. at this point I think you can do before the levels where missions or objectives are to collect items (keys, cards ...), and goals that are to kill a certain character, or destroy computers and weapons. I think this will be as easy to do as there are these kinds of targets in PD. personally for me the easiest levels because of their simple goals may be: Dam, Runway, Surface 1 and 2, Depot, Jungle and Cradle.

I see difficult for missions can be run eg Egypt objectives:
A-kill Baron Samedi: This character dies three times.
B-collect GoldenGun: this goal is to step on the tiles and not suitable as may apply this to PD.

can appoint more goals each of the GE missions, but would be a long list.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye X All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 7 of 8

Jump to: