ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Sound Trouble

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Computer SOS
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NapalmNero
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 7:51 am    Post subject: Sound Trouble Reply with quote Back to top

Ok; this has been a problem with me for quite sometime. I've been working with a friend of mine for recording gameplay footage for a game review he is doing. Since I have the hardware to do so; I'm stuck with the footage.

However the audio is the problem here. I am running a Logitech Clear-chat USB Headset and no speakers(since they've stopped working.); for sometime
I was able to record clear-crisp audio from the game and none from my mic. However now whenever I record the footage; it only picks up the audio from my mic and not from the headset's speakers.

Is there anyway to get it record from the headset's speakers again? or am I going to need to get new external speakers?

radorn

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'm not very experienced with recording video, but if you tell us what programs and hardware you are using we may find a way to troubleshoot this.

For a firts try, it could be as simple as opening windows' volume control, change to "recording" in properties and selecting the proper audio source.
If that doesn't solve your problem, it may have something to do with the capture software you are using...

bmw
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I assume you're playing the game on your computer and recording the footage using some piece of software on that same computer?

If this is the case, you need to change your recording source to either Mono Mix or Stereo Mix either via your recording software (if it has the option to set your sound source) but if you don't have that option, you can do it directly through windows by double-clicking your speaker icon, going to Options-Properties, Adjust volume for RECORDING (if that option is greyed out then you need to change your mixer device in the box immediately above it) and then set either Mono or Stereo Mix as your recording source. If neither option is available then you may need to "show" them by checking the box next to them in the main properties window (where you choose your mixer device and playback or recording, its at the bottom of that box)

Once you do that, you need to adjust your playback properties as well (same method) and make sure that your mic is NOT muted (it most likely is by default). You can set the balance of sound between mic and WAV in your playback properties by adjusting the volume sliders for each. Make sure no external speaker is turned on or else you'll get feedback from your mic.

Hope this helps.

HackBond

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I want to do the same, but I have Surround Sound going through Headphones.

[Decoy] Antenna | Control | Silo | Escape

radorn

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

wait, what are you recording? something running inside your PC? I thought you were talking about capturing video from a console.

NapalmNero
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

radorn wrote:
wait, what are you recording? something running inside your PC? I thought you were talking about capturing video from a console.

Capturing footage through PC; like recording game footage + audio. I'm using Fraps if that helps

bmw
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ok looking at Fraps there's a few ways you can do this, but the easiest way will be to choose "Record Windows sound" (under Sound Capture settings in FRAPS movies main options box) and then use the procedure I described above to set Windows recording settings (by double-clicking your speaker icon in the lower-right part of your windows taskbar). Make sure Microphone and WAV are NOT muted in the playback options and make sure you choose either Stereo or Mono mix in the record options. Then adjust your balance by adjusting the volume sliders in playback options for microphone and WAV

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Computer SOS All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: