ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

CI Guards in institute

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Carrington's Hacker Central
View previous topic :: View next topic  
acceptable67

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 4:43 am    Post subject: CI Guards in institute Reply with quote Back to top

Since I'm just learning the basic functions of the editor, I decided to make a mini project with my favorite guards, the CI Soldiers. I added basic action blocks for them to move to a pad. Please, if you have one, give me the action block for the guards to just randomly move, much like a path.

After a request, I added several more pictures.

Description of IMG: Guards in hanger

Description of IMG: Guards walking up and down the ramp

Description of IMG: Guards walking up and down the ramp once again

Description of IMG: Guard boarding elevator

Description of IMG: Guard walking out of room

Description of IMG: All guards in the institute have been replaced by CI soliders. Not a GREAT transformation, might change them back. [Edit, they have been changed back]

Description of IMG: Two guards, guard a door. [One of the guards needs some rotating Razz]

Description of IMG: A guard downstairs, after a faulty Pad, I had to put him somewhere.

Last edited by acceptable67 on Sun Apr 17, 2011 11:24 am; edited 8 times in total

Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 5:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Making them move randomly is actually harder than making them walk to a set pad or on a path. Basically you need to seed a random value, test it against a large number of possibilities, set their 2328 pad based on those, have them walk to 2328, then seed again, etc. I'd suggest doing it in two action blocks. One would seed and set the pad, then JAL to the other. The other would just handle making them move to the pad. If you want them to just keep moving, you could have the first one use the second as a subroutine, the second could then return and another value would be seeded. I did something similar as a test for civilians in GF64.

Speaking of the 2328 pad, I found a cool undocumented (to my knowledge) feature about it when I was making the solo Skedar setup work. A guard with an action to activate a path who isn't on that path usually won't do anything (I think it crashes the game, actually). If you set the 2328 pad in their object data to one of the path nodes though, they'll walk to that pad and then start walking on their path. This has some cool potential for a mission: you could have something like guards in a meeting room, who would then walk out and start patrolling their paths after a set time.

acceptable67

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 5:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hmm cool

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 5:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It looked pretty neat, AC67.
Too bad you lost the files for it. Confused

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

acceptable67

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 5:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah wreck. I wen't to edit chicago, and when I saved the status for Chicago, it was gone =[

acceptable67

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I found the files for it again. <3

PaRaDoX

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

really nice idea.I did something like this once just for the fun of it.I added a guard to see what would happen, the just "behave" normaly.Put more pics man

acceptable67

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

BGS wrote:
really nice idea.I did something like this once just for the fun of it.I added a guard to see what would happen, the just "behave" normaly.Put more pics man

Aight, Aight. Let me get on my other computer. Very Happy Glad you guys are interested.

Edit: New pics are posted.

HackBond

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Cool, atleast we'll see the guys in the institute for once. (again)

[Decoy] Antenna | Control | Silo | Escape

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It would be cool to remake Retaking the Institute.

acceptable67

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah. Speaking of Retaking the institute. I was trying to make more guards like the CI guards in that level to shoot at enemies. But their action blocks are set on 0. I should probably try copying the guard.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Looking pretty cool, AC67.
I would suggest changing the technician's back to their normal clothing, though. It'll feel more appropriate having them that way. Makes the CI Soldiers seem more important, like they're there to protect not only the institute itself, but also the brilliant minds who work there.

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

acceptable67

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks. I agree. I didn't want EVERYONE like that. I have no clue why I did that in the first place. Probably just thought it was fun to mess around with them.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Carrington's Hacker Central All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: