ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

ENEMY ROCKETS!!!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye 007
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ptb
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 1:05 pm    Post subject: ENEMY ROCKETS!!! Reply with quote Back to top

This is one great cheat that is way under used. You can have loads of fun with this and it adds a real challange to the game. Enemy rockets, turbo mode, and tiny bond are 3 cheats that go togehter very well, however, this is about just enemy rockets. People say this game is way to easy, try beating bunker 2 or facility with enemy rockets, that will add a little bit of a challenge. I have beaten Water caverns, bunker 1, dam, surface 1 + 2, jungle, and egypt (on agent) all with enemy rockets. Give it a try, I guarrenty that if you don't like it, you will at least be given one hell of a challenge!

Sit down, shut up, and toak!

I'm in the hauhhhhhhh!!!!!!!

Last edited by ptb on Wed May 10, 2006 4:35 pm; edited 2 times in total

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Does this challenge apply to any of the difficulty settings? Obviously Agent mode would be a good place to start. Stages where you need to protect Natalya become increasingly more tedious, since splash damage from explosives can kill her very easily. Also, you'd need to be especially careful around objects you have to activate in order to complete an objective or to access a highly secured area.

I'll definitely give this a go.

ptb
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Actually, surprisingly, in some levels, the difficulty setting doesn't matter as much as you would expect, besides the added objectives. Since 1 well placed rocket can kill you in any difficult (tho in agent you can survive a few rockets splash damage). Thats not to say that it isn't harder on secret or 00 agent.However, this makes some missions almost impossible, like the silo because the scinetists will die when 1 rocket explodes bc all the computers go up, also the control becomes a lot more challenging while protecting natalya. One thing that helps a lot is being able to dodge rockets. Remember tho, you won't get much ammo except for rockets so you also have to watch how you shoot. 100 pp7 bullets don't last long if you arn't getting any ammo for it. Tight quarter levels such as the bunker or the facility also become a lot more difficult, while open outdoor areas, such as the dam, arn't as much of a challenge. Give it a try it is a lot of fun. I'd like to see the people who complain this game is to easy try beating even agent with enemy rockets. Back in 1997, this game was one of the hardest out there, but after years of strategy building, people found glitches and short cuts that took a lot of the challenge away. Beating Aztec on 00 Agent without doing the skip jaws trick is still quite a challenge, but because of that it takes out the infinte enemies and jaws himself. Give it a try. Some levels like depot, where enemies are infinte the whole way thru, it glitches and only the first few have rockets.

ptb
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Since starting this I have now now I have beaten runway, bunker 1, jungle, and even archives!!! I have aquired a few helpful tricks so far. 1. Get up in there face in tight quarters, this way you can take them out fast and ez, 2. Use slappers, it takes them a few seconds to fire a rocket and slapper stuns so bitch slap away fu yo, and 3. when around natalya, hostages, scinetest, delacite objects important to the mission, whatever, try to lure some of the guards away and to you. Enemy rockets requires skill, but also requires a lot of luck. You have to dodge and shoot down many rockets, and that takes luck.

Maxout

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I definately like it. I tried it seriously and it gives you more appreciation for the word explosion. But I'm assuming someone didn't try control, or there was something different. I got to protecting Natalya on control and the guys didn't come with rockets. I suppose the programmers would know that it would be really hard. But you can get one DKdeutsch from Boris, don't know if they intended that or not.

Why doesn't someone get in touch with the programmers and ask their intent and purpose of the game?

*gets glares*

ptb
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yea only the starting enemies have rockets sadly, so anyones that spawn after the level starts have regular weapons. Like in the cradle how the only person with a rocket launcher is trev because he is the only one that begins pre placed in the level, the others spawn soon after the level starts. This may be a glitch, or it may be because it would be to hard, or it could be that Rare was just lazy and made the code cheap. Like many other things in this game we will never know. But with a gameshark im sure you could make "enemy golden guns" or "enemy watch lasers", oh the possiblities are endless!

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The Enemy Rockets cheat option only modifies the immediately in-level weapons belonging to the characters, not the ones who spawn into the stage at any point. There are either five or six "bare" guards that actually start in the Cradle, but their weapons and hats spawn in for them. I found this out when hacking a no bodyguards on the cradle code for Valentin's video project. I'm not sure why Rare did it that way, but it worked and probably saved them room in the setup file.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I was a little bored, so inbetween checking out E3 coverage on Gamespot I tried a few stages out on 00 Agent mode with the Enemy Rockets cheat option. It really is surprising how often you'll find yourself being blown up by a guard you'd never expect to kill you. However, becoming aggrivated at a game you can beat fairly easy is a good thing. With so many rockets soaring by you, it'll definitely give you that old feeling you got when you first tried it years back. Here are my up-to-now best stats for the maps I've completed...

Runway
00 Agent: Time: 01:08, Accuracy: 84.2%, PP7 (Silenced)

Surface i
00 Agent: Time: 02:34, Accuracy: 80.0%, Sniper Rifle

Surface ii
00 Agent: Time: 02:26, Accuracy: 50.0%, PP7 (Silenced)

Egyptian
00 Agent: Time: 01:19, Accuracy: 66.7%, Golden Gun

ptb
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 4:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Just beat the cradel with it, also beat runway on 00 Agent, your right Wreck, it does feel like when you first started playing, also alot of times you don't even see the explosion when you die because it kills you so fast, but in the death cinema you see it.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I think another reason is because there are so many explosions going off at once, that you get hit by a rocket that doesn't blow up. Most of the time it would result in an instant kill, since it's a direct hit without the splash damage to knock you away from it. You can force this to happen whenever you want. In fact, I should really post about it in a new thread...

ptb
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

This enemy rockets stuff is so addicting. Levels like the train and silo become such a challenge getting to the 4th room is almost impossible. It's really hard when you get about 3 or 4 guards in another room, like a hallway, that keep shooting and shooting rockets into your room but they don't kill themselves. Frame rate is a huge problem tho because of all nthe explosions.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Got around to playing a few more stages on 00 Agent mode using the Enemy Rockets cheat option. I should also note that I don't have Auto-Aim on, which makes things slightly more difficult. It may not have any effect when firing rockets, but it sure does when shooting a pistol. In many situations, you'll find it better using a weapon other than the RL to fend off your enemies. No sense baking yourself in a tight hallway.
Seven down, thirteen to go.

I'm only posting my 'best' completion stats.
The best would be the shortest time achieved after many attempts.

Bunker i
00 Agent: Time: 03:07, Accuracy: 56.3%, PP7 (Silenced)

Streets
00 Agent: Time: 02:28, Accuracy: 100.0%, PP7 Special Issue

Cradle
00 Agent: Time: 01:58, Accuracy: 51.9%, ZMG (9mm)

Edit: Another three down. I ended up being killed a couple of times in the Archives while heading towards the library windows to escape. On my fastest time, Natalya died just when the ending cinema started. I could see her laying on the concrete walkway between buildings. Razz

Statue
00 Agent: Time: 02:52, Accuracy: 0.0%, Unarmed

Archives
00 Agent: Time: 03:14, Accuracy: 0.0%, Rocket Launcher

Depot
00 Agent: Time: 02:09, Accuracy: 61.5%, Rocket Launcher

ptb
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Just beat the dam on 00 Agent, what HELPED SO DAMN MUCH was blowing up crates with rockets and taking the kf7's and ammo inside of them, then I had auto fire and sniping. Also incase you didn't know but 21 guards with rocket launchers in a long tight enclosed hallway spells disaster, just step in and out and let them do all the work by letting them blow each other away.

Maxout

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

This isn't quite new topic worthy so I'll mention it here. Try beating as many levels as you can unarmed. Taking out the guys. The Archives is clearly a great level for this, but in some levels use weapons to achieve the rest of the objectives, especially on double agent.

I now use the pp7 faithfully through each levels, as you've become so good the other weapons are overkill, but nobody could say that when the game first came out, ok, maybe that hidden guru....

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Played a few more stages using the Enemy Rockets cheat option...

Dam
00 Agent: Time: 09:40, Accuracy: 74.0%, Sniper Rifle

Facility
00 Agent: Time: 07:08, Accuracy: 77.1%, PP7 (silenced)

Silo
00 Agent: Time: 07:46, Accuracy: 71.0%, PP7 (silenced)

Frigate
00 Agent: Time: 04:58, Accuracy: 81.3%, Unarmed

And on side note, if you want to make Enemy Rockets even more difficult, use it a long side of Fast Animation. It's absolutely brutal. I don't know how many times I was killed in Bunker i on 00 Agent before I finally managed to beat the damned thing. If you're looking for an incredible challenge, try combining these two cheats.

Surface i
00 Agent: *Time: 03:32, Accuracy: 29.9%, Sniper Rifle - *Fast Animation

Bunker i
00 Agent: *Time: 03:58, Accuracy: 57.9%, Rocket Launcher - *Fast Animation

Archives
00 Agent: *Time: 01:50, Accuracy: 0.0%, Unarmed - *Fast Animation

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye 007 All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: