ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

[CONTEST-CLOSED] #1: Bond's, James Bond's...
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye X
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:57 am    Post subject: [CONTEST-CLOSED] #1: Bond's, James Bond's... Reply with quote Back to top

This is the very first contest for the GE:X Project. What we're looking for is some good heads. Not just any old heads, but those resembling three of the other famed Bond actors; Sean Connery, Roger Moore and Timothy Dalton. They'll not only be a great nod to the famous beta screenshots and many fake images out there, but they'll be perfect for the additional dinner jackets.

Guidelines
The heads can be made multiple ways. They can either be pre-existing heads from GoldenEye that have been re-textured, or they can be completely new models made up from scratch. There are multiple images of the Bond actors leftover in the GE ROM, which were originally used on the (sadly) missing heads. Those would obviously be the best to use, but if you find that they aren't working for you, you're free to find new textures to utilize instead. You can use the GoldenEditor's Image Tools menu to view, extract or replace images as you see fit.

Submissions
Pictures are a great way to show off your work. However, we'll also need the various files and images you've created to see it for ourselves. Zip them all up together and e-mail them to Dragonsbrethren and myself. You can also upload them someplace for us - and / or others - to download.

Judging
This all depends on how many entries are received. The top versions of each character will be voted upon. Whichever scores the highest - so long as the voting is done correctly and fairly - will be declared the winner. The head will appear in the GE:X ROM, and the creator's name (be it their real name or screen name) will be included in the credits.

So, what are you waiting for?
Get started now and stay a "head" of the competition. Wink

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

Last edited by Wreck on Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:17 pm; edited 2 times in total

acceptable67

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Pretty interesting, Wreck. I love Rodger Moore, I could possibly find a picture and kind of cartoon-ize it?

EternallyAries

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I like idey of a contest Wreck ill see if i can make Sean Connery head.

But i got ask is how long do we have till the contest ends

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Any head is acceptable... Acceptable. Razz

I would imagine that this contest will probably last a couple of months. Enough time to get a decent number of entries in. We really don't want to settle with something right away, when something better might come out shortly after.

HackBond

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I had a failed attempt. I need to know which is the name for the old man.

Anways, my moore 'tempt

[Decoy] Antenna | Control | Silo | Escape

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I think the head you want, the older looking fellow with gray hair, is Joel. I actually had to figure out who that was too, as I replaced his textures with Dr. Doak's in the GE:X ROM.

Camaro
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

How would one go about making a model for a head and importing it?

acceptable67

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wreck, I tried porting in the moore head, but when I went to replace the image.. it said the bmp was to small.. wtf?

acceptable67

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ahaha, I gave it a shot and it worked. Although, it's so distorted and looks like crap. X_X

Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 5:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I would highly recommend modeling new heads than trying to paste the textures onto one of the existing heads. Use one of the existing GE heads as a guideline for the size. Remember, you want them to fit on the bodies properly, and you don't want them too big/small compared to the other characters.

HackBond

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'm no good at modeling.

[Decoy] Antenna | Control | Silo | Escape

Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, same here. I gave it a try with Connery and the results were...less than pleasing. Still, I think it's the best route to go.

Entropy Soldier
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

You may not be able to, but i am a star modeler!

i killed the thread with this, heheheheheh

Trevor

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

ok hears a WIP img of Sean Connery using ROM image and brosnan head, sqweesed to fit img although the nose was perfect (I think anyway).

[may or may not show depending on pc status or op status...]

Trev

Last edited by Trevor on Tue Apr 05, 2011 7:55 am; edited 2 times in total

acceptable67

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Looking spiffy. ^_^

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye X All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: