ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Crazy Idea for GE Mod...
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 7:10 pm    Post subject: Crazy Idea for GE Mod... Reply with quote Back to top

Alright, I've had this idea in my head for the past couple of days now. But with my sights on the GE:X Project, I don't want to jump over to another mod. This one is very different from anything we've done so far, and uses the GE engine for something that is really only present in one map - and in a more limited matter.

You know those various Bond racing games that have been released over the years? Well, that's not far off from what I've thought about. Since we can't have actual racing competition, we'd face different obstacles during each lap. Be it a group of enemies, cars and trucks blocking your path, a locked security gate, or explosions from an air strike. Since MRKane has made other vehicles drivable, it opens up a lot of doors.

There could be an arctic mountain, city streets, jungle turf, country roads, and even waterways. Each map presenting unique scenery, new threats, and different modes of transportation. You may even find shortcuts, if you look hard enough - or blow up whatever looks suspicious.

Your main mission objectives are to complete all three laps, setting off flags as you progress. You may also need to collect hidden items scattered throughout the course. A special timed race could also decide your final outcome.

It may be a seriously big project, but even seeing just one map come to life would be a lot of fun. We'd be transforming an FPS with driving capability, into a driving game with FPS capability. It could make for a really cool experience.

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

EternallyAries

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

i like the idea Wreck i just wonder how the cars will work out hm.

HackBond

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 4:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

So basically, 007 Racing but a Goldeneye theme?

[Decoy] Antenna | Control | Silo | Escape

Trevor

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 4:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I would add that for realism only have one lap.
Get from a to b in as quick a time as possible.
It would be good to have AI that could 'drive'

Trev

HackBond

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 4:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

007Racing was that sometimes, one time its trying to get someone outta somewhere, the next is to dump a car full of explosives etc etc etc

[Decoy] Antenna | Control | Silo | Escape

acceptable67

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 5:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'm not sure if this would be a very good idea. Don't get ahead of yourself, Wreck. This seems to be a bit hard.

Entropy Soldier
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

And a bit silly

NapalmNero
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

While I like this idea; I think the only problem would be:
"SPEED". The vehicles in GoldenEye move at a sluggish pace and that would cripple a racing idea; or is it possible to push the speed of the vehicles up?
I mean hey! We could even make a Twisted Metal style gameplay for Multiplayer or something

radorn

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I have thought of this too, but the levels will have to be completelly flat, because the tank doesn't adapt to the terrain.
If you climb a hill, you'd expect the tank to get inclinated, but in GE you get this:

Unless someone is capable to hacking that out...

Entropy Soldier
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 5:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Eh, i seriously don't think the GE vehicle engine is any good at all for this kind of project. It was perfect for the tank, but if you up the speed and remove the turret, then it becomes clunky and boring.

If we really wished to get something like this, we would be better off hacking another game and changing the models/levels in that.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The speed isn't an issue, Zoinkity's tank patch I believe can adjust speed. I think it'd be a cool mod.

Trevor

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

does Perfect Dark fix the ramp issue?

Trev

Entropy Soldier
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

SubDrag wrote:
The speed isn't an issue, Zoinkity's tank patch I believe can adjust speed. I think it'd be a cool mod.

Ah, but i was saying speed was an issue in a different way. I wished for that to be heard as the tank controls would be no good for a fast vehicle, not that we couldn't make one.

Anyway, a good point has been made. The PD hover bike engine is a lot more versatile.

bmw
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Reading your idea gave me a similar idea kind of along the lines you outlined.

What about a multiplayer race? I know zoinkity has hacked out a bunch of different multiplayer scenarios - what about a scenario where you and another player race to the finish - whoever gets there first wins?

I'm picturing a symmetrical map where player 1 plays on the right half and player 2 plays on the left half (the right half and left half of the map are identical) and there is a divider wall splitting halves apart all the way from start to finish. You have only 2 respawn points so you are guaranteed of both players spawning at the beginning. Have infinite health so neither player can die. Then along the way there would be various ways you could slow the other player down, like by pressing buttons that cause walls to drop down and interrupt the other player's path, set off explosions so the other player can't see, etc. I'm sure we could think up a lot of ideas for this.

radorn

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

You can't use tanks in GE's MP since the game will crash once one player tries to enter the tank. According to what I have read, it seems the game can't tell which player is in the tank and which is not.
In PD it would be possible, though.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: