ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Crazy Idea for GE Mod...
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bmw
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'm not suggesting that tanks or vehicles be used in a such a multiplayer mod. You would go strictly by foot, and your goal is to get from point A to point B before your opponent.

radorn

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

oh, lol, well, I don't know what to say about that xD

EternallyAries

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
Reading your idea gave me a similar idea kind of along the lines you outlined.

What about a multiplayer race? I know zoinkity has hacked out a bunch of different multiplayer scenarios - what about a scenario where you and another player race to the finish - whoever gets there first wins?

I'm picturing a symmetrical map where player 1 plays on the right half and player 2 plays on the left half (the right half and left half of the map are identical) and there is a divider wall splitting halves apart all the way from start to finish. You have only 2 respawn points so you are guaranteed of both players spawning at the beginning. Have infinite health so neither player can die. Then along the way there would be various ways you could slow the other player down, like by pressing buttons that cause walls to drop down and interrupt the other player's path, set off explosions so the other player can't see, etc. I'm sure we could think up a lot of ideas for this.

I like the Idea BMW it wud work a 100%

Quote:
You can't use tanks in GE's MP since the game will crash once one player tries to enter the tank. According to what I have read, it seems the game can't tell which player is in the tank and which is not.
In PD it would be possible, though

Yup it wont work at all but you can go in a tank but one your in the other players will go at the same spot at one time wich suck.

zoinkity

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The game doesn't crash when a player enters a vehicle multi, but it can't tell which character is in the tank. In the end, all four are, at once.

A race would be easy enough. You can make a demo of it rather simply really. If you wanted to do laps, you could use a 'path' like system, like in Egypt. The route and lap marker can be set in each player's BONDdata variable slots. Use a series of points that act as nodes, and proximity detect for each. These are your lap markers.

• At start, all slots set to 0
  • When within range of checkpoint 1, test if slot=0
  • If slot 0, set to 1
  • Continue with each checkpoint until at end of lap
  • At lap marker, if slot=last checkpoint#, set slot=0 and lap+1

Concider too using strange automated shifting doors. Shooting thingies or stepping on switches can alter the pattern or stop it.

DK25
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

This would be facinating if completed. Of course, it would be fun too.

MRKane

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I think it's a great idea, and it's not as tough as you'd expect.

As subdrag commented, Zoinkitys patch can adjust speed, turning and also even change the weapon details.

Clipping is an issue, as is the multiplayer issues with the Tank (wish I could do something here but I just don't have the knowledge). Several months ago I was talking with Zoinkity and he said it could be possible to script a tank object so that it can operate under different users.

Option 2: Perfect Dark...I've not tried modifying the vehicles in PDs engine - never really wanted to - but that does seem like a sound idea. The style of Perfect Dark doesn't appeal to me as much as Goldeneye, and besides, it doesn't work on my Doctor 64.

Keep picking away at this, and I'll see what I can come up with.

EternallyAries

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Im am so glad this may work out.

CharAznable0
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 3:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Would be fun

clowns789
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I agree with the other posters that it would likely be too difficult- although it would be BA if you could get an Aston Martin in Streets or something instead of the tank like some of the later Xbox Bond games.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
loofadawg
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Bringing up an old thread with a different idea. Can you place, say, the van in multiplayer and have it move along a predetermined path while the players fight it out.

Two scenarios I have if it can be done:

1) Players can use it for temporary cover... A moving shield.

Or

2) the van could explode when a player gets two close to it or if it reaches a certain destination.

Next question... If you can .. how many vans could you add in multiplayer the move on there on. And could they trigger doors to open that players couldn't open so that map is dynimcally changing?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: