ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

[Map] Facility
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye X
View previous topic :: View next topic  
00action
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 4:38 pm    Post subject: [Map] Facility Reply with quote Back to top

Preview of the full Facility level from goldeneye!

I had know idear what i was letting my self in for when i said i would clip this level, its a lot bigger than you think and it took me ages to get to this point.

I wanted to release this level once the clipping was 100% done but as i said its a lot bigger project than i first thought and i wanted to show my progress. at the moment the clipping is at about 90-95%, mostly stairs, rails and footsteps left. hope you like the picks.

Facility in Mission, textures are a little messed up but that will be resolved.

Facility Multiplayer, these four screens are from a 1p game with sims.

Facility Mission: There is still a few things to finish off like action blocks and objectives but im pleased with how it plays and looks. hope you like the picks.
https://www.twitch.tv/00action

Last edited by 00action on Wed Jun 08, 2011 2:18 pm; edited 2 times in total

fantsu

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 6:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Looks awesome!
Surprised
I just wonder why Facility and Complex are one of the first ones transtaled to PD, when they are partilly in the game already.
Next one Temple perhaps?
Very Happy
Hope you finish this, it seems quite ready now.

Yurei
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I always prefered GE's Facility than PD's, it looks a lot better and them ap seems bigger by itself also, but might just be me. :p

Anyways good job on this, keep it up!

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Great to see you've made some nice progress with this. Aside from what looks like some RGB issues during GE -> PD conversion, it looks really good. It'll be nice to play the real Facility against sims. It'll also be great to get the backzone going.

When clipping your maps, have you been doing it all manually (selecting a background triangle and converting it to a tile), or are you using the convert option? Converting the original GE clipping file saves a ton of time, and also keeps it more accurate to GoldenEye, at least where the RGB is concerned. I did Temple, Library and Egyptian tile-by-tile, since the conversion option wasn't around at that time. I'll need to go back and fix them eventually.

fantsu wrote:
Next one Temple perhaps? Very Happy

The GE Temple has already been ported, and is available in the first preview patch.

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

EternallyAries

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wow good job 00action that is insane work you did.

00action
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thanx Guys.

Wreck: Cant believe you clipped all them levels tile by tile including the floors Surprised yeh there are some issues with RGBs im not sure how to sort that out actually. Yes i do convert the clipping from goldeneye then start to clip the walls 1 tile at a time, i agree it saves alot of time and most of the time dosnt need much modification.

I would like to do the mission setup again for this level like im doing with train and of cors the multiplayer setup, im thinking Facility Fullzone?

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Clipping: Yes, sometimes I do think I'm a little nutty. Razz

The entire Facility in multiplayer? I think that might be a bit too big. If you're only playing two players, or in the case of using the PD engine, with only a sim or two, it could take a good chunk of time just finding an opponent. Even playing in just the backzone feels large, and takes some time to navigate. I'd personally split it, the same way GoldenEye (default and hacked) did it. You could always try it out and see how it plays, but I have a feeling that there will be more running to find someone else than there will be actual battles. Unless, of course, it's a packed house and every possible player is loaded in.

Also, when playing King of the Hill, it'd basically be whoever is closest to the hill that has the best chance of getting the point. If the hill is in the bathroom when you're in the labs, you don't have the slightest chance of getting there in time (within the standard twenty seconds, anyway). That's another thing to consider.

00action
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

You brought up a few things there i never realy thought of, you are probably right. Well theres no harm in doing front, back and full zone, then test playing them Laughing

00action
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

hi guys,

Not much to update im affraid, ive been havin problems with my pc so ive had to do the clipping on my brothers computer and i dont always get chance to get on it, having said that i have managed to do some facility clipping and its coming along nicely.

I will post pictures when the clipping is complete and i have a setup in there.

EternallyAries

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Im so glad this projet is still being made.

HackBond

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 6:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

00Action, atleast you still have your mind set on the project.

[Decoy] Antenna | Control | Silo | Escape

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'll need to go over the list of what props are used in the Facility and start porting them. I know I already have some of them completed, but not nearly enough.

Grey Swinging Door
Lab Door
Gas Canister
Gas Canister 4-Set
Locker
Glass (using PD's)
Computer Terminal w/ Light (already in PD)

00action
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

That would be great because just 2 hours ago i finished the clipping and have imported the singleplayer and multiplayer setup, ive not yet made any chages to the setups so if you could send me all the id's you have for facility i can get started! i think im going to do the multiplayer set up first.

EternallyAries

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The muti setup sud be a cake walk lol but the one player part is going to be the hard part like the last part whar trev gets shot in the head its going to be so hard for you to make it work and all i got to say is good luck.

acceptable67

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Looks very nice, my friend.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye X All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7

Jump to: