ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Suggestions
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 19, 20, 21  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye X
View previous topic :: View next topic  
acceptable67

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

fantsu wrote:
Maybe we should do an vote for this?
Wink
I either have nothing against pipes, it is an great level.
Very Happy

Yeah, but I mean.... What would you fit in there! Haha. Place is so compact.

DK25
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

In base, you can replace both lifts with ladders. Is it not that simple?
Villa, does seem like a better map though.

DK25
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Aha, I have a brilliant idea!
We could use DF Ank's Cradle instead of regular Cradle, PD would be able to run it much better.
In fact, we could make edits to all of GE's levels so they could be cool.

acceptable67

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Sonadow wrote:
Aha, I have a brilliant idea!
We could use DF Ank's Cradle instead of regular Cradle, PD would be able to run it much better.
In fact, we could make edits to all of GE's levels so they could be cool.

That first suggestion was good, but, the last one.. ehh..

Aren't they trying to port the levels 100% like they are in original Goldeneye? Why make changes?

DK25
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Well, I'm not suggesting that everthingshould be changed. I'm saying that some things may need some asthetic value added. For example, Surface: Zzz. Trees, cabins, and ze dish. YAWN. In PD, you can scatter trees everywhere, and they can be snowy trees. Other levels could use minor changes.

EternallyAries

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
Well, I'm not suggesting that everthingshould be changed. I'm saying that some things may need some asthetic value added. For example, Surface: Zzz. Trees, cabins, and ze dish. YAWN. In PD, you can scatter trees everywhere, and they can be snowy trees. Other levels could use minor changes

Hm that cud work Sonadow but i agree with acceptable67 thu cuss it post to be the same level port frome Goldeneye to pd.

DK25
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 5:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Well, we should take advantage of PD's engine so...

acceptable67

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Sonadow wrote:
Well, we should take advantage of PD's engine so...

We could always attempt to change things a liittttlee bit, like enhancing textures possibly. But that probably won't be a good idea till the GE:X is finished, THEN you mess around with it. Taking advantage of the engine could be a really good idea. Always change things here and there, things may be enhanced. Who knows. ^_^.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, the first step is to get the levels over and try to get them matching that of GoldenEye. Once that is complete, we can fool around with other stuff. Adding in a sun to the weather block, including rain or snow elements, setting up interactive lighting, or even more intricate things. I'm definitely not opposed to some background alterations. Whether that be adjusting architecture that looked slightly off in the original, or expanding on the maps by utilizing fake door areas. Nothing overly complex, but cool enough to surprise even verteran GE players. I have multiple ideas floating around in my head for "enhancements" to stage BG's, though those will probably be tested out later on. The Surface missions could benefit from snow, interactive lights in the cabins (in the form of desklamps), a dull sun in the day time, and a moon at night. Also, I really want to make use of either the IR Scanner or Nightvision Goggles in Surface ii. It'll add a new feeling of stealth. Even the Spec Force could wear Nightvision, once I figure that out.

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

SATURN_81
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

hello. do not know if this project GE: X, you are thinking of including elements of GE original beta. if so it would not hurt the gun TWINE game, I mean the Soviet-KA-57, I find him very similar to the beta weapon GE Soviet original, I always liked that weapon. I mean, maybe they can use the same method to get this weapon as they did with the Golden Gun "in PD. I unfortunately do not.
I would like to tell me as they did and what programs were used to introduce Phanthom Golden-Gun and in PD (for now I'm just interested in substituting texture).
by the way I like your work. maybe you could have in mind to improve other Shooters
N64 using the great engine of PD,
TUROK Inmagine a one with the element of espionage, it would be nice.

EternallyAries

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

That wud be a sick to add the beta gun in PD.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Perfect Dark and GoldenEye are both very similar in design, so it is much easier to take something from one of those games and put it into the other. I don't know much about TWINE, or where / how the gun models are stored. If the weapon data can be sorted out in The World Is Not Enough, perhaps we could try and put it into GoldenEye: X. Unfortunately, I wouldn't know where to begin.

Porting weapons from one game to the other is a lot of effort in a Hex Editor. Ripping out the model data from GoldenEye, reformatting it to work in Perfect Dark, sticking it into a new file, and praying that it works. I've had to make alterations to the Golden Gun, Silver PP7 and Gold PP7 so that they'll fit inside of the hand correctly. Textures aren't as bad, as you just need to change the compression header on the image binary (though greyscale works fine as-is) and insert it into PD. Still, a lot of time and effort goes into this kind of stuff. Weapons are a pain to port, which is why so few have been done thus far.

As far as beta elements go, I would like to work some things in. We're including the other Bond actors, once we've chosen good enough head models. MRKane and Monkeyface have made very nice ones. You'll be able to select the three unused civilian characters in multiplayer. Additional civilian characters may make it into the Streets mission. It's possible that female scientists will make an appearance in Facility, Silo and /or Caverns. There are other ideas, both old and new, which may work their way into the game.

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

SATURN_81
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wreck good, my main problem is that not much English, I use the google translation every time I go to Foroya not translate well but gives some idea of what is said, my problem is to understand the tutorials, I'm still a beginner, I use to translate the program's best hurts tradukka not have the copy and paste everything is at hand.
unless I'm mistaken, I think with the problem of weapons you mean to place it and the bullets go right through the hole of the gun. should look something like gameshark code where if you change the image to a weapon that will continue firing gun bullets and sometimes changed out the exit hole of the gun. "but this is different to create a weapon model, give texture and place it in the rom? I mean while you're forgetting the correct placement?
if only a question of replacing the model and texture I think you could easily create machine gun in Turok using Reaper slot gun, when you use a gameshark image replacement weapon sometimes some are made to rotate. I hope not to be weighed out of the idea that GE is identical in PD, but if I would like to take this to experiment.

TH126
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

You probably already decided on the 3 PD maps Razz but I would love to see Villa in there. Skedar and Grid should be definite.

EternallyAries

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
You probably already decided on the 3 PD maps but I would love to see Villa in there. Skedar and Grid should be definite.

I pick grid to be cuss that level is the best to me.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye X All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 19, 20, 21  Next
Page 2 of 21

Jump to: