ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Suggestions
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 19, 20, 21  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye X
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MJ Bond
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hey guys, I thought of an idea for the C-KR launcher. Would there be a way to make it use the CMP150's target lock on feature? Since using the fly by wire missile would result in a black screen that you can't guide effectively, perhaps this would be a good replacement.

This idea lead me to my other idea I had as a way to help newcomers to the series as well as less experienced players going up against the experts. But first, that idea requires a question. Is there a limit to the amount of weapons that can be put into the game? From what I recall off the top of my head, PD had a larger weapon list than GE does. So my idea was, if it's possible, to have some sort of toggle feature where all a character's weapons have the CMP150 lock on feature, or perhaps a few weapons can be put into the game that feature it. Maybe just one pistol like the PP7 and one automatic.

mistamontiel

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

3D8 is just for speed.. Glide Napalm you would see it all.. and if you launched it via backup device (is that what those are called?) then of course it would be full effect on N64

MJ Bond
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I tried changing the plugin and tweaking some settings, and you're right, it does work and display the things for the normal PD rom. However, for Goldeneye X, it seems Wreck is right. There's no way to get that modded rom to display the effects correctly.

mistamontiel

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

You're referring to skies/clouds ? I'm getting them via emulation

Just Napalm v1.0 displays them swell.. or the Final version should deliver too, though I have no idea about settings all I know is res

Kerr Avon

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I've posted some suggestions in the thread

http://www.shootersforever.com/forums_message_boards/viewtopic.php?t=5898

as I hadn't seen this sticky here (sorry). Anyway, I have another suggestion, which I'm not sure if it's practical, but I think (if it was) it would make Goldeneye X even better; acheivement awards.

Don't get me wrong, I hate the XBox 360's acheivement points, which makes it seem strange that I think they'd be a good addition to Goldeneye X, but please hear me out; What I don't like about the XBox 360 achievement point system isn't the idea itself, but the implementation. For a start, they have largely killed off in-game cheat modes (even though as Goldneye (N64) proved, a game can have both cheats modes AND unlockables), and the achivements are given for all sorts of stupid things, like completing the first level (regardless of how badly you barely scraped through), or driving the wrong way round a track. Some of the achievements are all but impossible to achievement because they are multiplayer only, and by the time you play the game the online matches are all but dead, and the only three people world-wide still playing it are either too good for you, don't want to play the right game mode necessary to earn your achievement, or they don't play the game properly, just mess around and hurl stupid/racist/childish abuse. Worst of all, on the 360, all of your achievement points are added together to one clearly visible number, which is obviously worthless to anyone with a brain, since the points come from all games, so people can (and some do) buy games that have easy to earn achivement points, and have a higher total of achievement points than a better gamer, especially if the lesser gamer spends longer playing, and plays more games.

But if done properly, achievement points are a great idea. And I think they'd be great in Goldeneye X. I mean, you could have achivement points for everything that previously unlocked something in GE/PD.

For example, when you complete the single player mode in Agent Mode, you get the achivement "Promoted to Secret Agent". You get (and I apologise for the layout of this post, the forum software won't let me use TAB to set the column mark, so I've used colour to seperate the award names and criteria):

Task you must perform Title of the award you earn

Beat Agent mode Promoted to Secret Agent,
Beat Secret Agent mode Promoted to 007 Agent,
Beat 007 Agent mode Licensed to Kill (as a reference to the Licence to Kill mode that's only possible when 007 Agent mode has been beaten),

(these are just awards, of course - Agent, Secret Agent, and 007 Mode are available to be played at any time, you don't have to unlock a difficulty level to be able to play it)

All thirty challenges complete Risen to the Challenge (or Up to the Challenge, whichever sounds best),

Completed the Damn level in less than 2:45 (or whatever the target time is) Breached the Damn,

(etc, there's no achievement for completing a single level in any difficulty, but there is an award for completing each level, but only on one chosen

difficulty, and under a set time limit),

Kill every enemy in a level with a DD44 Dostovei Deadly with a DD44 Dostovei,

Kill every enemy in a level with a Magnum Deadly with a Magnum,

(etc, you could have an award like this for every weapon)

Pacifist Complete a level without killing anyone,

The Reaper Cometh Kill every enemy in a level,

Every bullet counts Kill every enemy in a level, with only one bullet each, so headshots only (could this achievement be implemented? And how would fatal explosions be handled in this context?)

Shadow Agent Complete a level without being seen, and without killing an enemy (could this achievement be implemented? One level could be made with this achievement in mind, though unless it was possible to complete the level by shootint (I hate forced stealth levels) then I would like this level, personally. Stealth in GE is optional, and all the better for it).

Immortal Agent Complete the single player game in one sitting, without dying once,
Immortal Secret Agent Complete the single player game in one sitting, without dying once,
Immortal 007 Agent Complete the single player game in one sitting, without dying once,

Han Solo award Fire at every enemy before they fire at you, (is this possible, and if it is and is a good idea, then should it be for just one level or for the full single player game?),

I am invincible! Play through the entire game without getting hit once

etc. If there isn't room in the ROM file for the text, you could just put "You earned Award 27", for example, and award 27 could be listed on the .txt file/WWW site as

Deadly Accurate - You scored 100% Accuracy in a level

(or maybe the above, and some of the awards, could be for a full run through the single player game, rather than for just one level, i.e. in the above case, you have to get 100% accuracy in all eighteen missions (not counting the two bonus missions).

Just an idea, but I think it could really benefit Goldeneye X if done properly. If you get time, then please also look through my (long) list of suggestions at:

http://www.shootersforever.com/forums_message_boards/viewtopic.php?t=5898

and thanks again for Goldeneye X, it really is amazing.

TH126
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I don't even think it's possible to implement achievements in the mod and a lot of these achievements are extremely challenging, if not impossible to begin with. Sure is creative though and would be cool. Just don't think it can be done. Not my call though!

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Interesting idea, but I don't know if it'd be possible to implement. You might be able to get some kind of message to pop up when you perform certain tasks (though some others may not even be detectable via current Action Blocks), but you probably couldn't have a viewable list of things you've done and what may be left to achieve. It's a little beyond what we're doing for the project.

Now, if GEX could ever be remade on PD XBLA (Don't think I haven't thought about that possibility one day), than we could certainly try to figure out the achievements there.

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

AstroBomber
Banned

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:44 pm    Post subject: Game Modes and Preset Game Settings for VR Reply with quote Back to top

Since I was trying out "You Only Live Twice" game mode in GE007 in multi I was wondering if that game mode can be added as a preset setting in VR?

Basically the settings are:

You Only Live Twice

Last person alive wins

Limits
1. No Time Limit
2. 2 Point Score
3. Team Score No Limit
4. No LTK (because match will end too quickly and normal health was used only in GE007)

The rest of the settings can be whatever the GEX Team want it to be set at. Everything else can be changed by players discretion.

For License to Kill:

I suggest using the "Killing License" preset setting already there but with the 5th slot where the body armor is set to "Nothing". This way it's a true License To Kill battle with no extra health to save you. In GE007, when you play License To Kill even with acquiring body armor you still die in one shot where as in GEX when you get body armor while having License to Kill on you die after 2 shots. This is a good example of why Wreck explained before that the Body Armor in PD is a lot stronger than it was in GE007.

1. Killing License preset (License To Kill aka LTK)
2. Weapon set keep it the same as it already is. (Pistols)
3. Set 5th Slot to "Nothing" (Since Body armor in PD/GEX is stronger than GE007)
4. Complex level (synonymous with LTK matches)

For The Man With The Golden Gun:

I suggest creating and adding a new preset with the Golden Gun weapon set used but again just like License To Kill without the body armor. Set the 5th slot to "Nothing" and probably have it in Egypt level since that was the level of the Golden Gun discovery in GE007's single player mode.

1. Golden Gun Weapon Set
2. Set 5th slot to "Nothing" (Since body armor cannot be acquired while holding the Golden Gun in GE007). It is only fair. :p
3. Egypt Level
4. No LTK (The only weapon that should kill with one shot is the Golden Gun no other weapon).

The rest of the settings and options can be set at players discretion.

The Living Daylights

1. Set Scenario to Flag Tag
2. Time Limits only, either 5, 10 , 15, or 20 minutes (Since those are the only optional game lengths in GE007).
3. 5th slot set to "Nothing" (since no body armor can be acquired while carrying the flag).
4. Other settings can be set by the GEX team for the preset.

These are suggestions to bring back those game modes from GE007 and have them put into GEX's preset game settings. They are the closest settings to GE007 as possibly can be. Hopefully they can be added on to a future patch release.

Note: The only two preset settings here that are different from GE007 are mainly "The Living Daylights" and "The Man With The Golden Gun". This is because in Living Daylights aka Flag Tag, once you acquire the flag token you cannot hold any weapons on you. Therefore you cannot kill anyone you must simply try to hold on to the flag as long as possible as many times as possible to win in the remaining time limit. And in TMWTGG, the Golden Gun weapon set in GEX has two locations for the GG in each map instead of only one like it was in GE007. Hopefully those two issues can be fixed in the future for GEX as well.

TA-42
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 8:45 am    Post subject: Multi Levels Reply with quote Back to top

Excellent work on this, what a blast to play...still the best!! Is it possible or have you thought to add all of the goldeneye single player maps into multi? The control comes to mind or the full facility maps and archives? The aztec was always interesting too.

AverageGamerStoner1
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 3:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Multi Levels Reply with quote Back to top

TA-42 wrote:
Excellent work on this, what a blast to play...still the best!! Is it possible or have you thought to add all of the goldeneye single player maps into multi? The control comes to mind or the full facility maps and archives? The aztec was always interesting too.

Multiplayer X has actually released a mod for that , for GE though and not PD. It's 2 parts and features all the solo stages in multiplayer, a pretty cool mod Very Happy

MultiplayerX

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

There is one for Perfect Dark too thanks to my old buddy 00Dark Wink

http://goldeneyevault.com/viewfile.php?id=282

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

As much as I'd love to have all the great mission maps in VR mode, many of them just don't perform well enough in multiplayer. You might be able to play them alright against a bunch of bots, but once you begin adding in more players, it starts to go downhill quickly. Even one person and eight Simulants can bog it down at times. Maybe, sometime down the road, when the missions are going, we can release a patch with more levels from the mission campaign in VR mode, but meant for solo and 2-Players matches only. At least GoldenEye had the option to limit certain stages to specific player counts. PD just has them all open for any amount of human participants.

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

TA-42
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for the quick responses, I enjoy both mods, they are very well done! Part of me can't help imagining what it might be like to have the goldeneye solos in multi with the ability to play some of those larger maps against sims and customized weapon sets though. This would be unbelievable!! Regardless, I want to thank everyone who spends a great deal of time working on all of these mods and updates. There is just something about the 007 universe that is so classic and this game captured it so well that I still prefer it to ANY fps out there today on any modern system. Goldeneye X and the other patches and mods have breathed new life into this relic and to me they represent the best of any Bond game since the original unmoddified goldeneye itself!

MultiplayerX

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

BTW, if anyone is curious to try out the various patches I've put together (such as solo maps updated for multiplayer in GoldenEye, or mission levels from PD in Combat Simulator with weather effects), you can either head over to the GoldenEye Vault website, or check out some of the threads in the Q-Lab and Hacker Central forums on this site.

TA-42
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 7:51 am    Post subject: Perfect Dark on xbla Reply with quote Back to top

Have been enjoying goldeneye x quite a bit these last few weeks and got to thinking about the recently hd re-release perfect dark on the xbox live arcade. Does the technology exist or is it yet possible to be able to apply goldeneye x to this version on the 360? This version has the ability to play online and or through system link, the least of which would be in hd. Couldn't help to think that this may be possible at some point and what it could mean for expanding the scope of the console game play into online and system link capabilities with goldeneye x.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye X All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 19, 20, 21  Next
Page 11 of 21

Jump to: