ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Suggestions
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye X
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DK25
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 6:44 pm    Post subject: Suggestions Reply with quote Back to top

REWRITE:
This topic is for any suggestions that anyone has.
Most suggestions are allowed, but do not post things such as personal requests. (Ex: "I want a level that has my picture in it!") Do not post non GE/PD requests. (Ex: "Make a sentry gun like in TF2!")
And of course, the obvious rules.
Very Happy

Last edited by DK25 on Sun Apr 21, 2013 11:20 am; edited 2 times in total

acceptable67

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah I wish this is a sticky to lol

Good suggestion. I agree.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Sonadow wrote:
My suggestion is that you leave three of the PD levels in the game and call them "Futuristic." The level that I prefer are Grid, Skedar, and Warehouse.

Actually, we've already decided on doing just that. As PD kept three GoldenEye originals (though slightly modified), GE:X will keep three Perfect Dark maps. The Grid and Skedar are two definites, but the third is undecided. We were leaning toward Area 52, last time we discussed it. We also wanted to make some texture changes to the stages, so that they better fit into the world of GoldenEye. The Grid would even have a custom elevator that mimics those found in various missions.

Sonadow wrote:
Plus, It would be cool if you added secondary funtions to the GE weapons, such as pistol whip, double blast, or magazine discharge.

A bit easier said than done. I've tried giving the PP7 and DD44 the Pistol Whip function, but the weapon ends up out of your hand while the animation is being executed. I'd have to track down the positioning information in order for it to look proper. Some functions would be a little more cooperative than others. It's a matter of testing, determining possible issues, and trying to fix them.

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

SATURN_81
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 4:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

hello again, I am here to learn how to use Goldeneye and Perfect Dark editor. I have read tutorials using google translator, but it is difficult to understand the tutorials with this translation.
I want to learn and give further suggestions, not only Goldeneye X.
I start with one project or another parallel as TWINE shooter Perfect Dark on N64.
GE X my suggestion would be a new weapon as machinne gun, just changing the texture Reaper, texture to replace would be to think that there Turok.Se this gun in goldeneye, but I suggest this as something to investigate new possibilities continue allowing GE X
another thing is that in your first patch disappeared secondary functions, but the secondary role of the maul still exists in the ZZT (9mm), makes it a deadly weapon.
I would like to communicate with Spanish users.
I congratulate you for the work, continue.

DK25
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wreck, I was thinking that you can make Skedar an abanded temple in the jungle (texture wise) and delete the impossible pillars. In Grid, you can change it to'Library, Aztec's computer room, and Facility textures.
If Area 52 is choosen, change the overall thene to... Bunker?
If Car Park, change textures toDa, and/or Depot.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I was actually picturing the Grid to be more like Control. I think the texture scheme would really fit in nicely there, and the custom elevator based on those found in the Control map would be perfectly suited.

We had thought about what to do with Area 52, if it ends up being the third PD arena in GE:X. The Dam and Caverns have certain similarities to A52. The octagonal doorways, the guard towers, and the shelters. A possible combination of the two themes might work out well.

As far as Skedar goes, I haven't given it a ton of thought. A temple theme would probably be best. The idea of changing the normally snowy exterior areas and turning them into a jungle setting is interesting. Might not be a bad thing to test out, when we get to that point.

I don't think people like Car Park enough to include it. I was never a huge fan of it, personally. Which is odd, because it was the first map we ported to GoldenEye. The Villa has some good potential, and Warehouse / Base aren't bad either. Skedar and Grid seem to be the only two that stand out as sure keepers. The third is undecided.

00Dark

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Include Skedar, Pipes, and Area 52 in GoldenEye: X. Those were the three that are automatically unlocked at the beginning of the game after all, so it's an easy choice. Wink There's plenty of room for me to contribute to this project so can you tell me which level I should complete for GE: X first?

DK25
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Definitely Skedar.
Pipes has a death pit which is not Goldeneye at all.
Wreck, yeah, a Control scheme would be good for grid. Oh, can you make this a sticky please?

fantsu

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

grid has to be in, it is my favorite mp map along with GE's archives.
maybe sewers with new textures?
That map is so small, that it fits in games with not much people in it?
Bunker style textures maybe to make it more bright?

I just hope that the 3rd map isn't fortress... it is too big.
maybe PD's villa? fits to GE quite well too?

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The problem is that we'll never agree on what three levels should remain. People all have their own personal favourites. I'd rather try and keep those that are liked by the majority of gamers, and also feel like they fit in with the other GoldenEye maps. So far, Skedar and Grid are the only confirmed.

I compare Pipes to Caves. People often complain that they have a hard time memorizing the layout of Caves. Well, Pipes is that way for me. I never, ever know where in the heck I'm going. I just look for a target on my radar and go for it.

fantsu

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Maybe we should do an vote for this?
Wink
I either have nothing against pipes, it is an great level.
Very Happy

Yurei
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Maybe bring in some variety size.
In terms of small maps, you have Archives and Grid. Skedar is an average size map, in case you want a big level, why don't include Ravine? Smile

Otherwise, I would love Villa. But that's just my opinion. Start a poll and get the players' reaction!

fantsu

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yurei wrote:
Maybe bring in some variety size.
In terms of small maps, you have Archives and Grid. Skedar is an average size map, in case you want a big level, why don't include Ravine? Smile

Otherwise, I would love Villa. But that's just my opinion. Start a poll and get the players' reaction!

Skedar is the second biggest map of PD. Much bigger than Ravine.

DK25
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thank you for making this a sticky Wreck.
Well, an altered version of Base might work. An altered version of Area 52 might work too.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It's starting to sound like Villa is a very good possibility. The map would probably suit the feel of GoldenEye a lot better than many of the other PD arenas.

I'm not totally opposed to lifts, since the Grid has one, but it's an actual elevator, not just a hovering platform. Death pits aren't GE, not at all. I never cared for them in PD, either.

Polls aren't always that helpful. You need a wide range of voters. We'd be lucky to get ten votes total. I think a discussion about the pros and cons of maps, as well as considering what would best translate to GoldenEye, is the best way to go.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye X All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21  Next
Page 1 of 21

Jump to: