ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Suggestions
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 19, 20, 21  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye X
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AverageGamerStoner1
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 9:10 am    Post subject: Re: Perfect Dark on xbla Reply with quote Back to top

TA-42 wrote:
Have been enjoying goldeneye x quite a bit these last few weeks and got to thinking about the recently hd re-release perfect dark on the xbox live arcade. Does the technology exist or is it yet possible to be able to apply goldeneye x to this version on the 360? This version has the ability to play online and or through system link, the least of which would be in hd. Couldn't help to think that this may be possible at some point and what it could mean for expanding the scope of the console game play into online and system link capabilities with goldeneye x.

I don't think it's possible for the 360, but I have seen people play GE : X on a soft modded original Xbox.

TA-42
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Interesting!....Thanks for sharing. Do you know if those on a soft modded xbox can system link vs one another or play others online?

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

If PD XBLA modding really starts to take off to the point where we could actually start putting in GoldenEye maps, I'd purchase a 360 and go to town on it. It'd all still look like standard N64 stuff to start with, but if others could create and submit new textures for maps, higher quality props and weapons, and possibly even updated character models, we could be well on our way to a real GE XBLA.

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

madmax386
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wreck wrote:
If PD XBLA modding really starts to take off to the point where we could actually start putting in GoldenEye maps, I'd purchase a 360 and go to town on it. It'd all still look like standard N64 stuff to start with, but if others could create and submit new textures for maps, higher quality props and weapons, and possibly even updated character models, we could be well on our way to a real GE XBLA.

wow that would be the day

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Dylan
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Would it be possible to integrate the beta head textures? Maybe by retexturing PD heads to use them?

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Dylan wrote:
Would it be possible to integrate the beta head textures? Maybe by retexturing PD heads to use them?

That's a good idea. Can use generic guard head.

mistamontiel

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Can the basslines in the music be fixed ? Because for me they are on mute.. they don't play.. for example Control song

I actually got with a 64drive, GE:X runs like a charm just the music is not all there.. Embarassed

jim102
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hi! Will you work again on your levels textures? I mean all levels. Outside in the town by example.

I know that project was for testing but it should have a better look Shocked

AstroBomber
Banned

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

mistamontiel wrote:
Can the basslines in the music be fixed ? Because for me they are on mute.. they don't play.. for example Control song

I actually got with a 64drive, GE:X runs like a charm just the music is not all there.. Embarassed
I believe this issue has since now been fixed and control has it's basslines back to their original self from what I was told. I believe the other tracks too have been corrected.

jim102 wrote:

Hi! Will you work again on your levels textures? I mean all levels. Outside in the town by example.

I know that project was for testing but it should have a better look Shocked
I'm not sure what you mean about an outside town but if you're referring to the MI6 Headquarters than yes I agree with you. The textures for the MI6 Headquarters needs some work done.

Also was wondering if it will be possible to add Elevator 1 and Elevator 2 musics to the tracks list for VR in the next release?

jim102
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I talk about the first mission where you are on the helipad you can see many buildings around. It could be better

acceptable67

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

jim102 wrote:
I talk about the first mission where you are on the helipad you can see many buildings around. It could be better

I answered this in your other post.

Fillerthefreak
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I know this sounds weird. But could the Watch Laser be used in Multi-player? (VR mode). As it seems possible, and it'd be hilarious to be killed by a laser streaming from a watch, much worse than death by a Klobb.

Since the watch laser had a single ammo feed style (No reloads, but it can run of of ammo. The player would get an "Picked up an watch battery" as it's ammo pick up display, and picking it up could add 100+ to it's ammo count? (Maximum off a 1000, since that's the maximum the player is given, if he or she uses the unlimited ammo cheat.)

I know it's a big request, but I think they're others that would like to spray down friends with a watch laser, too.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I actually did do some testing with the Watch Laser in VR mode, and had setup watch battery pickups for it. However, there was an issue with Simulants. They could use the thing full range! They weren't limited to the same range as humans. There should likely be a way to fix this, and hopefully it will be in a future release.

The Watch Laser should dish out more damage than the Klobb, and without the moment of invulnerability inbetween each hit, it could eliminate opponents rather quickly. Just look at how fast it kills guards in GE's Train.

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

Fillerthefreak
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

That's really strange. Maybe you could add a range-like behaviour so Sims only fire if they're close to harm-able objects? That's be a simple first thing to do, but the endless range thing may be an issue. But since I don't know how the Sim's AI works, it would ether be very complicated, or pretty easy.

And just a point of interest.

The walls in Archives are missing in the mission select folder in GoldenEye, oddly. It's a bit difficult to see, but the stairs leading downstairs are there on the very right side of the image. May of been changed because of lag issues, cause it'd look like this

Rather than this...

Would GoldenEye X's expansion pak usage fix the framerate, and restore the original design?

EDIT: I also know Depot has a similar issue, which I may show if I can find pictures.

deyppwhendeycme
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2014 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

First and foremost, I have to give my extreme thanks and admiration to Wreck and everyone else who made this possible.  I am in awe of your skill and generosity and I can't thank you enough for keeping my all-time favorite game alive.  The choices you made and the skill with which you implemented them are incredible.  I'm especially impressed with the way Citadel was fleshed out.  Truly inspired.  Now on to some suggestions. 

1.)  Does the plan still include adding some PD levels?  I sure hope so.  And if so, are you technically limited to choosing three, or is that choice just based on the fact that PD only had three GE levels?  If it's possible without losing any of the current levels,  you should definitely include more than three and they should be chosen primarily based on what is most fun; not what supposedly "fits" in the Bond universe.  After all, the main point of it all is fun.  

I agree that the GE level design is mostly superior, but I'm sure everyone reading this had lots of fun on PD levels and we'd love to have more options for extending our GE possibilities.  Isn't it the dream to have all our favorite levels in one game?  If we're this close to making that dream a reality, shouldn't that goal be way more important than limiting ourselves to what supposedly belongs in GE?  Besides, who's to say what fits in GE?  Couldn't James Bond be sent anywhere?  With that said, here are my suggestions for which levels to include (roughly in order of importance):

G5 - this is such a well crafted and intricate level.  I alway thought of it as a spiritual successor to Complex.

Ravine - this is the best level for guided missles.

Warehouse

Grid

Pipes

Skedar

Area 52

Villa

Sewers

I realize that's most of them, but hey - wouldn't that be awesome?!  And if retexturing them is the biggest hurdle to including them, then please just don't retexture them (or at least save it for a later update).  I really think that's unnecessary and a misplaced priority.  

Also, would it be possible to include more of the PD and GE single player levels that have been converted to multiplayer?  Silo, Chicago, the Datadyne building, and probably several others seem worthy.

2.)  It's clear that GE and PD are kindred games and are in a class of their own.  So if we're having firm rules about what belongs, I think TWINE content clearly doesn't fit and may be a waste of space.  There's plenty of Bond-licensed garbage from other developers that can't come close to these two Rare shooters, so including anything from other games should be the lowest priority.  Therefore, Labyrinth should only be added if there is room after all potential GE and PD levels are included.  I would even include the converted Zelda levels before anything from TWINE.  I think 1st and 2nd party Nintendo games belong together more than some 3rd party drivel. 

3.)  You did a great job choosing which pd weapons/items to include.  My only addition would be the Farsight.  I know many people's first reaction will be to scream "That doesn't belong in Goldeneye".  But as with the level selection, the priority should be fun and this was a very fun weapon. Besides, outlandish technology is one of the main themes of the Bond universe.  But if we must be so purist, couldn't you just apply a more earthly model (maybe something slightly advanced-looking like the Avenger) to the gun but keep the same functionality?

4.)  I'm pretty sure the trajectory of grenades on the grenade launcher is too low.  As it is now, you have to aim a good bit higher than you would in the original game to get the same trajectory. 

And finally, I'm curious; while digging around in PD's guts, did you find any of the options that were originally planned but left out of the final game?  Everyone knows about the face-mapping, but I'm wondering about the "no doors" and "explodable walls" options that Rare were considering during development.  I think there were one or two others, but these are the ones I remember. 

Thanks again. Everything else is perfect!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye X All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 19, 20, 21  Next
Page 12 of 21

Jump to: