ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Suggestions
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 19, 20, 21  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye X
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MultiplayerX

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

AstroBomber wrote:
*Claps* WONDERFUL

You Mad bro?

I love it how you spin this to better fit your agenda. Thanks for putting words into my mouth and making false claims about me. I don't always want things my way I only try to do better for the mod's sake or what I feel is best for the mod. How come is it you NEVER post on this part of the forum until I leave some kind of message that "triggers" something to you that makes you all berate and come at me like no one else? Why aren't there any thread starters with your name on it? Why aren't there any threads PERIOD with your name on it unless it's an attack at my expense? Why the foul language? Your constant hate for me isn't going to earn you any points on the mods side or just cause you think you submit GE Hacks your arguments hold lots of merits with the mods of this forum. You're no different than any other troll who attacks a certain individual. I'm not calling you one but you sure do come off as one as far as this part of the forum is concerned. Anyway, I'm done arguing with you. If you keep on attacking me I'm going to have to tell a moderate on you which is something I really do not feel like doing.

ASTRO: I've read through your posts and I have to say bro you do need to relax. This community is open to NEW people like yourself but don't get us confused with the OTHER SITES online where everyone flames one another. You are more than welcome here bro just be careful and take a look at some of the things you ask and how you ask them. Wink The editor is not limited to anyone so if there is something you really want BAD then learn how to use it. It's really a nifty machine and with patience and time can be learned pretty easily. Hell if I can do it anyone can. Laughing

ALL NEW PEOPLE: In the past our community has been SHAKEN with bots and people that simply USE it for things they want. It is okay to do this as long as you respect the community. One particular example I'm speaking of here is the use of SIGNATURES. In the past I have spent HOURS designing animated sigs for hacks etc only to have them reported or SLAMMED by new people that have only been on shooters for a short time. This is only an EXAMPLE but my point is shooters has had to add UNNECESSARY rules because of new people stirring up sh*t with their opinions. I myself am 39 years old, have a wife, a beauiful kid, and have grown quite a bit from taking things too personally online. NONE OF US REALLY KNOW EACHOTHER but when you post or report someone for something you think is wrong, etc it's STILL your OPINION. You are welcome here and we hope you find your place in the community with us but if you are always tempted to FLAME others then please LEAVE. Wink

Other than that we do welcome you just behave WISELY! Wink Cool

MultiplayerX

AstroBomber
Banned

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Oh man not you too....

Look if you're going to take sides just be blunt about it. There's two sides to everything. How come is it that no one here has yet to proof me wrong about this guy not making any posts that are irrelevant to me on the GoldenEye X forum? The last post he created is the first and only post he has made about GEX without having to make some sort of retaliation towards me or the mod itself. Now he's trying to backtrack and cover all his bases. Anyway, please, I would like to be done discussing about this guy or else I'm really going to say something that I'm going to regret.

MultiplayerX

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

AstroBomber wrote:
Oh man not you too....

Look if you're going to take sides just be blunt about it. There's two sides to everything. How come is it that no one here has yet to proof me wrong about this guy not making any posts that are irrelevant to me on the GoldenEye X forum? The last post he created is the first and only post he has made about GEX without having to make some sort of retaliation towards me or the mod itself. Now he's trying to backtrack and cover all his bases. Anyway, please, I would like to be done discussing about this guy or else I'm really going to say something that I'm going to regret.

I'm not in this. This is between you two bros but you two need to PM one another to discuss your issues. He's obviously highly offended you so I would just talk about it like MATURE dewds and tell one another what problem they have with the other one. If you are just here to use the community though it will show in your posts BUT I hope it doesn't come to that. Please just consider how you are requesting or commenting on things that everyone else may feel like they are demands or attacks. Wink Cool Keep it cool Multi

BTW: YOU WERE WRONG FOR THIS DEWD:

AstroBomber wrote:
Why do you keep saying the same thing? And I thought you didn't play Goldeneye X? Hmmm....

Also it's just a suggestion that others wanted implemented. All I am simply doing is trying to find a suggestive way to cater to the feature without harming the original mods' intent.

Forgot to add in my last post that I also thought the Goldeneye X team would've added three PD levels as well seeing as the levels are opposite in the mod it would make only sense if Wreck and co. went that route as well. I guess only time will tell on what they decide to do with this mod going into the future. However, I still stand with what Kerr Avon suggested before.

You pretty much started this thing with Rey YOURSELF and only you can fix it. I can understand you getting offended that he corrected you but he was RIGHT. Don't take it so personally. He didn't mean it that way. Honestly I have looked through many of your posts and you are a little demanding and pretty harsh with your opinions. You should RESPECT everyone's opinion even if you don't like it. It's JUST a forum... this isn't congress and we aren't debating world peace or something. Wink It's not a big deal and BOTH of you have a right to say whatever you want without beind CALLED OUT on something.

mistamontiel

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Astroid l0l Ni "call out" ni "call out" delete posts awey

He said "proof" uhhhhhhuhuhuhuh

"Wreck and co. " .. then jus do yo own work :}

Senators here LOL

GE:X should be like GE007 revisited .. if only I'd know to construct AI paths I would totally be of service , just don't ditch the PD elements 100% !! Rapid CHOP !!!

Last edited by mistamontiel on Tue May 27, 2014 5:50 pm; edited 6 times in total

MRKane

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I know I've said this before...but...GO NUTS! Wreck, you're in the steed of GE:X and you're the one doing most of the work (although do correct me if I'm wrong there). At the end of the day guys, he's the one who has to soak the fall and share the gratitude.

In Wreck we trust Wink

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'll have to go through this thread and tidy it up soon. Try to keep it a bit more on track. Don't want new members or visitors reading nothing but drama in a thread asking for thoughts and suggestions.

SubDrag also puts in a lot of work on the mod. Definitely more "under the hood" kind of stuff. And his constant updates to the Perfect Editor make things go far smoother and faster for me. 00action did a nice job on a few level setups and clipping, as well.

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

MultiplayerX

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 6:55 am    Post subject: Welcome back Reply with quote Back to top

Good to have you back. Wink Everything goes bat sh*t when you take a sabbatical. Cool Like the gates of hell open and release demons or something. The dogpound can now be put back in order. Bad dogs...no biscuits. Lay down and chew your toy. Laughing

G14Classified
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hey again,

I was looking at multiplayer goldeneye x videos on youtube and I noticed something that kinda bothered me a little, then I started playing against bots in that specific level and it started bothering me a lot, what I am talking about is the highest ledge on the Citadel level. and here is what I mean.

Original Image

there is a void where the entryways are supposed to be i feel it needs a ceiling of some sort kinda throws off the 3d effect and feels weird .
Shouldn't it look like this?

Would 4 additional polygons per screen affect 4 screen multiplayer that much?

or something like this?

with a sprite pixelated jungle background, giving you an extra treat and breathing room from the whole level.

Hell you guys could even throw in an aztec pyramid in the background, I dont know.

What do you guys think? would this impact performance too much? Am I being too picky?

Thnks again for the hard work and please give us any little update you got on this mod.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I see what you mean, but the problem is... once you start filling in the gaps, you'll find that there are a lot of them. The roof on the areas you pointed out are one thing, and then there are spots like the rampway that goes up into that center peak at the top of the stage (which you should see from the outside four rooms), and even the completely absent ceiling in the big basement. Adding additional geometry to various locations will have a direct impact on performance, especially as more players enter the map. The Citadel was a rough test map, after all. We (Sogun's work) just tried to make it look a little more presentable. The more we keep doing to it for aesthetic purposes, the rougher the framerate could become.

BTW, laughed pretty good at the new avatar! Laughing
(Fat Bastard as a Moonraker Elite)

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

PaRaDoX

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

mistamontiel wrote:
Astroid l0l Ni "call out" ni "call out" delete posts awey

He said "proof" uhhhhhhuhuhuhuh

"Wreck and co. " .. then jus do yo own work :}

Senators here LOL

I sometimes wonder what drugs you take.

Rey

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

If I'm not mistaken that "black void" is actually meant to be the sky box. Which to me looks cool when seeing the sky and clouds. I do see were your coming from. Although a closed environment at the top like that being so high does not make to much sense. At least to me.
Cause the rails are higher than the actual wall length. I suppose that could be fixed but still.

MRKane

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Oddly enough I'm inclined to suggest that it's left as is, or thrown in with a really heavy revision (wink and a nod to you-know-who). There's a particular charm for me about the citadel because of what it is - the rough test level that Rare said was not in the game Wink

zoinkity

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The quick and dirty fix would be to raise the wall height in that room up significantly so you can't see over them.

I'm guessing you fiddled with the room sizes, since that ramp room intersected with the thing on the roof. If there wasn't crossover you could allow visibility there. That would hit the framerate somewhat, but unless you were adding a lot of polys along the way it shouldn't be a crippling impact. Just the doorways in PD had some higher polycounts than entire rooms in GE.

Speaking of Citadel, I should probably bugfix the GE floor already, seeing it's been on the todo list for almost 10 years now.

mistamontiel

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

l0l just booze n pot me good sire Wink Cheers n thank you THE N64 community for fantastic work

Last edited by mistamontiel on Fri Sep 05, 2014 1:42 pm; edited 1 time in total

Ami
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

mistamontiel wrote:
l0l just booze n pot me good sire Wink Cheers n thank you GE community for fantastic work

What in the world. Confused

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye X All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 19, 20, 21  Next
Page 14 of 21

Jump to: